Dropkick Murphys - The Warriors Code

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

IWasBored

Blue Crack Supplier
The Warriors Code

yeah, i know. the band index clearly lists two dropkick murphys threads, but i'm posting a new thread as it's about the upcoming album. it could be worse, i could be posting another killers thread!! ;)

-----------------------------------------------

it's supposed to be out june 21st.

warriorscode.jpg

track list:
01. Your Spirit's Alive
02. The Warrior's Code
03. Captain Kelly's Kitchen
04. The Walking Dead
05. Sunshine Highway
06. Wicked Sensitive
07. The Burden
08. Citizen C.I.A.
09. The Green Fields of France
10. Take it and Run
11. I'm Shipping Up To Boston
12. The Auld Triangle
13. Last Letter Home
Bonus Track: Tessie

from the official site:
4-11-05

The new Dropkick Murphys album "The Warrior's Code" will be in stores in about 11 weeks. Each week up until the release we are going to post the lyrics of one of the songs. The first song on the album is called "Your Spirit's Alive" -

YOUR SPIRIT'S ALIVE
(Written by Dropkick Murphys)

We are the ones who will never be broken
We are the ones who survive
This is the sound that brings us together
You are the one by our side

CHORUS:
And through it all & through it all, the spirit's alive
And through it all, your spirit's alive

You are the memory that lives on forever
The shadow that stands by our side
This is the sound that keeps us together

CHORUS

Farewell my brother
You're off to the big rink in the sky
The god lord's between the pipes
And you've got Bavis and Ace on the wing

We are the ones who will never be broken

CHORUS

This is the sound that brings us together
You are the one by our side

This song was written in memory of our dear friend Greg "Chickenman" Riley.

--------------------------------------

well, i'm psyched. but "i'm shipping up to boston" can still kiss my ass.

Holy crap!! I had no idea they had a new album coming out, that's fantastic news!! I think I could totally use a new album by them!

It's also good to see the first song from the new album isnt 'Walk Away Pt. 2' :wink:

:lol: no, i don't think it's walk away pt. 2. that would blow. it sounded more like bad religion (melody-wise) than anything else when they played it last month.

i'm curious to see what's going to be the deal with "the burden". i think the version on the tessie EP was recorded at WBCN or somewhere, so i'm wondering will it stay acoustic like that? is it going to be that version (cos that would be sort of weak)? on that note, what ever happened to the acoustic album plan?

oh, and the auld triangle. i want to hear how they tackle that.

it appears that the word wicked in "wicked sensitive" is an adjective :up: :p

track 2
THE WARRIOR’S CODE
(Written by Dropkick Murphys)

You're the fighter you've got the fire
The spirit of a warrior, the champion's heart
You fight for your life because the fighter never quits
You make the most of the hand you're dealt
Because the quitter never wins
No!

You were born to box in a city that's seen their share
Mello, Ryan, Carney, among them your photo proudly hangs there
Above the bar in the Gaelic Club
They tell the story of a throwback
With the heart of a lion
They salute your glory

It's another murderous night
Another left hook from hell
A bloody war on the boardwalk
And the kid from Lowell rises to the bell

CHORUS:
Micky
It's a warrior's code
Micky
He's got the warrior's soul

CHORUS

This song is about Massachusetts' own Micky Ward, a boxing legend who defines the heart and soul of the sport. He also happens to be the guy on the front cover…

You really should have put DKM or something about the name of the band in this thread title. Even I keep forgetting this has something to do with them. That being said, I want this album.

yeah, i should have. this thing isn't even in the band index because i chose to be unclear about it. i'm still debating whether or not that's a good thing :hmm:

so this thing has been leaked all over the net. i'm downloading it, but 1) i can't get the new springsteen out of my cd player and 2) i don't know if i really want to hear it 2 whole freaking months before it's out.

i do know that i will be personally handing out beatings to kids who download it now and never actually go buy it. should be easy given the fucknuts that inhabit my town.

mods, if anyone reads this...could you do me a huge favor and change the title to "Dropkick Murphys - The Warriors Code"? please?

...i started to listen to it.

better than blackout. :up: that's all i'm saying.

CAPTAIN KELLY'S KITCHEN (COURTIN' IN THE KITCHEN)
(Traditional, arrangement by Dropkick Murphys)

Come single guy and gal unto me pay attention
Don't ever fall in love
It's the devil's own invention
For once he fell in love with a maiden so bewitching
Miss Henrietta Bell down in Captain Kelly's kitchen

CHORUS:
With me toora loora la, me toora loora laddie
Me toora loora la and me toora loora laddie

At the age of seventeen I apprenticed to a grocer
Not far from Stephen's Green
Where Miss Henri' used to go sir
Her manners were sublime she set my heart a-twitchin'
When she invited me to a party in the kitchen

CHORUS

Sunday was the day that they were to have their flare-up
He dressed himself quite gay
I frizzed and oiled my hair up
The Captain had no wife and he had gone a-fishin'
She groped me on the stairs beneath the old man's kitchen

CHORUS

Her arms around my waist she slyly hinted marriage
When to the door in haste came Captain Kelly's carriage
Her eyes were full of hate and poison she was spittin'
The Captain kicked the door in and stormed into the kitchen

CHORUS

When the Captain came downstairs he saw my situation
In spite of all his prayers he was marched off to the station
For him they'd take no bail
To get home I was itchin'
He had to tell the tale how I came into the kitchen

CHORUS

I said she did invite me
But she gave flat denial
For assault she did indict me and I was sent for trial
She swore he'd robbed her house
In spite of all her screechin'
I got six months hard
For his courtin' in the kitchen

CHORUS

oh....and....:wink:....

dropkick murphys - wicked sensitive crew

well it's all gone to hell, the wimps have gangs
pop-punk tough guys have neck tattoos?
well if you guys are hard, then i'd rather be soft
man, i gotta find me some seriously sensitive dudes!
hey! ho! hey!
you gotta shake hands with your feelings in the wicked sensitive crew
in pittsburg they called us close-minded
but we know that that's simply not true
yeah, we're touchy, feely sensitive guys
yeah i ain't ashamed i cried when mickey died in rocky II!
in sydney they misundertood us
they called us thugs and mean-spirited types
yeah we might not be swedish and we sure ain't vegan
but the thugs have posters on their bedoom walls of the dude from the darkness with a creepy meat suit zippered so low you can...oh god that's gross!
hey! ho! hey!
i don't know nothing about no meat suit, but i'll tell you there's one town that's ahead of the times. man, they know what's up for sure. you see, it's home to the godfather of love, the bald little man who started it all, one teddy "huggy bear" etoll!
hey! ho! hey!
you gotta shake hands with your feelings
we gota big hug waiting for you
hey! ho! hey!

^the wicked sensitive crew lyrics may not be 100% correct.

why apologize for making a new thread about this?

we can't have the same thread for one band forever.

the only problem is when people make really pointless generic bands over and over again that doesn't contain anything new inside.

i'm not really appologizing for starting the thread, i'm just noting that i know i'm posting another useless thread, of which 90% will be me talking to myself. i whine so much at the morons who start kasabian after kasabian thread, killers after killers thread even though multiple people post in those. i'm just acknowleding the fact that i know 90% of this thread will be me talking to myself. or whatever.

yeah, but ultimately, a lot of those people don't really count for anything anyway. you've been here for a long time and you've established yourself as a legitimate poster whom people respect.

you're allowed to make threads that make sense.

How was I not aware of this? my actual question isn't about the quality of the music so much as the production: How is it? Blackout was very, very polished. I think Sing Loud, Sing Proud had the best production for their sound.

Zoomerang96 said:
yeah, but ultimately, a lot of those people don't really count for anything anyway. you've been here for a long time and you've established yourself as a legitimate poster whom people respect.

you're allowed to make threads that make sense.

OMG!!!! 1!!!!!!! TaHT WaS tEH nICeSt tHInG uVe evr sed to mE!!!!!!!!

UnforgettableLemon said:
How was I not aware of this? my actual question isn't about the quality of the music so much as the production: How is it? Blackout was very, very polished. I think Sing Loud, Sing Proud had the best production for their sound.

it sounds about as polished as blackout. i think. i don't pay a lot of attention to production. i'm actually listened to pieces of all 3 of those albums back to back now to see if i can come up with an opinion :dork:

i'm sure it's all over bittorrents, i found it on soulseek pretty easily...i suppose i could ...i trust you'll be purchasing a copy eventually...

I'm beginning to think they're incapable of putting out an album I don't like. I'm just about through with this, and there's not one song I dislike. That's more than i can say for any of the first four, including both Do or Die and Blackout (my personal faves).

:faint:

UnforgettableLemon said:
Oh my god this is soooooo good.

"The Green Fields of France" :sad:

people can trash al barr all they want, he's proved he can sing in various different styles and do it well.

UnforgettableLemon said:
I'm beginning to think they're incapable of putting out an album I don't like. I'm just about through with this, and there's not one song I dislike. That's more than i can say for any of the first four, including both Do or Die and Blackout (my personal faves).

:faint:

i still hate i'm shipping up to boston :mad:

but otherwise, i agree :up:

UnforgettableLemon said:
Yes. Yes. Yes. I'm more and more convinced they need to do a studio version of "Fairytale of New York."

holy shit, yes. they really do. i think mislabeled that live one i sent you, by the way. if you're a super-nerd about that kind of thing, i'll check when i get home on what the actual date was...actually, if it was from the werchert, belgium festival it might be labeled correctly. i can't remember off the top of my head. :der:

Wow, how weird is it that Blackout came out 2 years ago? I remember DKM, Radiohead, and Grandaddy all released albums on that same day. Freaking insane that that was 2 years ago, I completely remember that day!

i remember that day, too, actually. i remember what store i went to, thw weather, and approximatly what time it was when i went to pick up the cds.

now if i could only remember the stuff i need to remember for school :der:

i just got back from the umass spring concert (for some reason, dkm played last...half the place cleared out after nas finished his set), and they played a bunch of new songs. sounded really good.

they opened with "your spirit's alive" which was pretty rad. they also did "citizen CIA", "the auld triangle", "sunshine highway", "the warrior's code". :up: sounded damn good to me.

and i'm glad i never actually made that bet with anyone that they wouldn't end with skinhead. i was ready to put money on it, that they wouldn't play it in a PC-as-fuck town like amherst (i bet someone tomorrow will be screaming "oooooh!!!! they said skinhead!!!!!!! they're nazis!!!!!" :rolleyes: ).

they did blood and whiskey, vengence, it's a long way to the top, which side are you on, barroom hero (i wasn't pulled up on stage to sing it, but al barr did come down to the baracade to let me finish it when the guy who did get to sing it fucked up. he was going to pick me, but ken casey picked the other dude, and i wish i could have heard better cos he said something like "this kid has a ducky boys shirt on!! that's what i'm talking about!" )...

uh....what else did they do. rocky road to dublin, heroes of our past, fields of athenry, spicy jig, boys on the docks, tessie, walk away (which i still hate)...and probably a song or two i'm forgetting.

it was lame when they did the spicy jig, the girls didn't know to go up on stage...and no one knew to rush the stage for skinhead (which is how i managed to get up there easier than ever and sing with al)....funny shit.

What is that, your 8,000th time seeing them live?

:smilieofjealousy:

Back
Top Bottom