Download Oasis's New Album! A Classic!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

baker6621

War Child
Wow, what an awesome album. This is one of the best albums in a while, maybe Oasis' best yet! Liam's singing is till awesome, and he writes some great lyrics. Noel is as good as ever. Download the FULL album, due out in July, here:
http://www.leslieccy.net/oasis/

HEATHEN CHEMISTRY REVIEW

Tracklisting:

1. The Hindu Times
2. Force of Nature
3. Hung In A Bad Place
4. Little by Little
5. Songbird
6. Stop Crying Your Heart Out
7. (Instrumental)
8. All in the Mind
9. She is Love
10. Born on a Different Cloud
11. Better man

1. The Hindu Times-9/10

1st single and strong opening track. Brilliant intro with raucous guitar riff similar to the Stereophonics? ?Same Size Feet?, the rest is pure Oasis!. Liam is in superb form throughout and this song brings back the classic Oasis sound. Repetitive melody, chorus and lyrics carried through in classic Oasis style, reminiscent of the 94/95 days, especially Roll With It. Full of energy and already regarded as an anthem a live favourite. A perfect start.

2. Force of Nature-8/10

Noel sung composition, which was written in the SOTSOG sessions back in 1999. Starts of with a bouncy drum beat (similar to Instant Karma) and leads in to a bluesy guitar into. Excellent flowing guitars and strong vocals. The whole feel of the song is generally bluesy with Noel?s vocals turned upto 9. Better than the live version and likely to grow popular in time.

3. Hung In A Bad Place-9/10

Explosive! The closest to a Definitely Maybe composition they have done in ages. Reminiscent of the DM days in its simplicity, a bit like ?Bring It On Down?. Gems first song for the band and it?s a classic Rock?n?Roll blast. Fans with a good knowledge of early stuff will notice the Stooges influence on this track. Full of energy with strong guitars and a great solo. Liam in perfect sneering mood, his vocals carry through this track superbly and with ease. If this doesn?t wake you up, then you don?t have a pulse!. Just over 3 mins of classic Oasis rock ?n? roll. Enough said. .

4. Little by Little-7/10

Noel sung track that has a similar sound to some of the SOTSOG demos like Carry Us All, Solve My Mystery and Cigarette?s in Hell. A decent song in it?s own right, but would have probably benefited more with Liam on lead vocals. The melody is generally strong and the guitars once again help to carry the song through with style. Ending is similar to that of Roll It Over. It?s not the most prominent track on the album but definitely likely to be a grower.

5. Songbird-8?/10

Another Liam penned track and it?s another very good effort. Dedicated no doubt to Nicole. The vibe is very White Album/Rubber Soul and is one of the most Beatleseque tracks that Oasis have ever done. . He has come a long way since the days of Little James! The track is just over 2 mins long which makes it the shortest Oasis song to date (excluding instrumentals). It has a very effective acoustic like melody, which carries Liam?s vocals with considerable ease. Liam is in a confident and relaxed mood and this is greatly reflected in the song. Short but sweet, very nice indeed!

6. Stop Crying Your Heart Out-9 ? /10

The 2nd single that will be released from this album and it?s an absolute classic. Noel has managed to write a track that combines the styles of Slide Away and Don?t Go Away in superb style. It starts of with a piano into and as soon as Liam?s vocals kick in you get the impression that is a classic Oasis song. His vocals are amazing throughout the song and flow with great emotion. The classical synth sounds in the background also carry the song effectively and give it an extra edge. A classic track and possible the strongest song on the album. Simply beautiful.

7. (Instrumental)-8/10

This instrumental track is a superbly timed break from the album (it takes a while to recover from the previous tracks? greatness!). It?s only 1.17mins long but Oasis once again retains their reputation of coming up with an appropriate and effective instrumental. This one has the band jamming with ease, and it has quite a retro feel to it with a kind of Albatross (Fleetwood Mac) vibe. This is especially evident in the flowing guitar breaks. Very good and definitely not just an album filler.

8. All in the Mind-9/10

A superb uplifting song. Starts of rather psychedelically and storms into the main verse with Liam?s vocals kicking in with great pinache. The vibe in this song is quite similar to that of Rain by the Beatles, which gives it a strong edge. The lead vocals by Liam are once again superb with Noel also supporting well, and the guitars are brilliant once again. Another classic song and hopefully a future single. Glorious.

9. She is Love-9/10

Noel?s 3rd sung composition and probably his best vocal performance on the album. Dedicated to his girlfriend Sara, the lyrics are emotional amd personal which make this acoustic fuelled song flow with ease. Noel is in a confident and happy mood (like the days of ?It?s Better People? etc.) and this is certainly reflected in the song. A happy track and another uplifting Oasis song. Superb.

10. Born on a Different Cloud-8/10

This is another Liam penned track (dedicated to his son Lennon) and one of the most eagerly anticipated on the album. Admittedly it?s not one of the most accessible tracks on the album although it really grows on the listener after a few listens and becomes an epic. The track has a very John Lennonesque style feel and melody thoughout, which is carried well by Liam. The flute style intro is quite refreshing and Liam?s vocals are once again very effective and reflects his emotions well. He has certainly matured as a songwriter. Not an instant classic (on the first few listens) but will definitely sound better over time. A very promising song.

11. Better Man-8 ? /10

Final track of the album and it?s Liam?s 3rd song on the album. It has quite a dark feel to it although that does not deter that fact that it is still a strong track. Fans who are familiar with the band?s earlier demos (from pre-94) will no doubt compare it to ?Must Be The Music? which was a decent track in it?s own right. Liam once again is in superb sneering mood. The lyrics are quite simple and focus around the line ?I wanna be a better man?. The ?Ahs? in the song can be compared to that of the ?Ahs? in Shakermaker. The guitar swirls are quite effective thoughout and carry the song along superbly. It maybe a strange choice to have this as the closing track of the album although it?s a very good song which is sung in a classic Liam style.

------------------
"Work like you don't need the money, love like you've never been hurt, live like there is no tomorrow, dance like no one is watching." --Bono

"The only limits are the limits of our imagination. Dream up the kind of world you want to live in. Dream out loud. At high VOLUME".

I didn't like the live version of Hung in a Bad Place but... holy CRAP!!!! This feckin' rules!

------------------
"Shame on you! Ugly baby judges you!"

in case anybody wondered:
it's still forum policy to put threads in the right forum

we haven't been moving threads the last few days to see what would happen
next non U2 related thread (like this one) posted in here will be moved to a more appropriate forum

------------------
Salome
Shake it, shake it, shake it

Originally posted by Salome:
in case anybody wondered:
it's still forum policy to put threads in the right forum

we haven't been moving threads the last few days to see what would happen
next non U2 related thread (like this one) posted in here will be moved to a more appropriate forum

it's a good idea. doesn't appear to be going to famously at the moment.

------------------
> > >

Having listened to it thrice, I will now once again re-arrange my rankings of Oasis' albums. *Not including the Masterplan, since it's a b-sides album

1. Morning Glory
2. Definitely Maybe
3. Heathen Chemistry
4. Be Here Now
5. Standing on the Shouler of Giants

------------------
"Shame on you! Ugly baby judges you!"

Amazing. So far, even though I have to burn a copy and listen all day it's probably my favorite Oasis album and one of my favorite albums ever!

Oasis = back!!!!

band001.jpg

Wow Baker nice call!!!! Thanks!!! Just started downloading it so I should be finished in...........2 days, lol, crappy irish connection!!! Oasis were the first band I got into, got outta them then, and well, only started likin them again recently, guess I just got sick of them
eek.gif
Here's hoping I enjoy this as much as you are! And then bring on Oasis at SLANE2002!!!!

Oy! You kids, I ain't got a problem if you use yer fancy computers to download. But mark my words you buggers, anyone who uses their computer then doesn't buy me album, is a right cunt, got it? This shit don't grow on trees or nothing. But it is a mega album, so feel free to enjoy it. Tell the kids, the parents, the postman, the teachers, and the folks at BBC. We are still the best, and we ain't going nowhere.

------------------
Reporter: Can you sum up Oasis in one word?
Me: ME!

For once 'e's right. Oh, and by the way, don't ya think me songs are better than this wankers? I mean they're fookin' tops, d'you know what I mean?

------------------

oh my god, words cant describe the sheer genius that is Heathen Chemistry
beautiful
what a comeback album this has shaped up to be
OASIS ARE BACK and I'm reluctant to say it but this absolutely blows atyclb out of the water

d/l it, pure classic, up there with JT

I've heard "Stop Crying Your Heart Out" on every album Oasis has ever put out. There's no way this is a classic: it's hardly even new material. Trash it.

This new album is great! My new Oasis album favorites are in this order:

1. Be Here Now
2. Definately Maybe
3. Heathen Chemistry
4. Standing on the Shoulder of Giants
5. What's the Story(Morning Glory)
6. The Masterplan

And I do think that Familiar to Millions is one of the best live albums ever and the DVD is awesome as well.

------------------
"I swore to my father I'd never do hamster-style again."

"looking for the sound thats gonna drown out the world
looking for the father of my two little girls
got the swing got the sway got my straw in lemonade
looking for the face i had before the world was made." - MOFO

[This message has been edited by Achtung Zooropa (edited 04-07-2002).]

"Songbird" is really good! I cannot believe Liam Gallagher even wrote this song. I guess the world will be ending soon.

------------------
~ "You can't resist her. She's in your bones. She is your marrow and your ride home. You can't avoid her. She's in the air; in between molecules of oxygen and carbon dioxide." ~ RC

ok, they took the mp3's down from the site. i guess i got here a little late....can someone PLEASE post the mp3's here so i can download them....i'm dying to hear them............PLEASE!!!!!

------------------
"Miami, New Orleans, London, Belfast, CHICAGO!" ~ Bono (during Stay) at Chicago 10/16/01

"Home, that's where Chicago is!" ~ Bono (during Walk On) at Chicago 10/16/01

me too me too!

downloaded them at home yesterday....the weren't there today, blargh!

Originally posted by U2One:
ok, they took the mp3's down from the site. i guess i got here a little late....can someone PLEASE post the mp3's here so i can download them....i'm dying to hear them............PLEASE!!!!!

Well, if you guys use mIRC, there are several people in DALnet channel #madferit who are serving the album. I don't have an FTP server, sorry, but I'll also share on Kazaa.

------------------
Change is the only constant

Songbird is freakin amazing

Go to yahoo, search Oasis, and go to "underneath the sky" and go the message board. you'll find a link to the mp3's. or go to www.oa515.com and search there!

Masterpiece...still listening..

I really like Oasis. I have all of their albums but i'm pretty dissapointed by Heathen Chemistry. Don't get me wrong. The album is alright, but its not great or can even be classified as amazing.

I think the Hindu Times, Songbird, Stop Crying Your Eyes Out, and She Is Love are standout tracks. The rest of the album is boring and mediocre.

The instrumental which is track seven sounds like George Harrison's All Those Years Ago. Forces of Nature has Instant Karma's drum beat. Hung in A Bad Place and BetterMan sound like throwaways. The lyrics on the entire album are uninspiring and really say nothing to me.

In my opinion, Be Here Now was Oasis's last great masterpiece. Even though critics have bashed that album, if you listen to the whole album, its top notch rock in roll played with ball. It has an in your face attitude. The bsides like Stay Young and Going Nowhere were so good that they belonged on the album as well.

I hope Heathen Chemistry is a hit unlike Standing which was an absolute embarrasment of an album but Heathen is by no means a classic album nor is it the Gallaghers best work.

Liam said in NME's latest mag that Oasis are more important than U2 or REM. Noel Gallagher has slagged off Radiohead recently. I think it all comes down to the quality of music one is making and if Heathen Chemistry is any indication, both gallagher's should shut their mouths.

Head on the verge of explosion...too many people writing rambling posts about album being shit without giving it time to sink in...mind remembering back when people said that 'beautiful day' was terrible and bono's voice was shot...pain, PAIN, PAIN! Give it time.

I love Oasis.

------------------
Mac Phisto's N.Y. Headquarters

aaaahhh, i love it! we need more rock music out there right now!!
*runs off to listen to it again!*

thanks baker!
smile.gif

------------------
*+*MaRiA*+*
lost on a silent planet
two lone, rising stars
locked in a silent planet
so close and yet so far...

I haven't heard this album yet, but the thought of Oasis coming out with a great album makes me deliriously happy!I do have "The Hindu Times" on pre-order from amazon.com.uk and should have it in about 2 weeks.

The first three Oasis albums (yes, that includes "Be Here Now") are the best albums of the 90's not released by U2. I think they're great, although I wish Liam would learn to behave...!

I'm not really a big fan of Oasis...sure, the singles I've heard are good...although, I can't say I've heard an Oasis single since the mid-90s. However, I really enjoyed this album. It's a shame I'm going to have to wait until this summer to get it. Little By Little is probably my favorite track. Songbird, The Hindu Times, and Hung In A Bad Place are others that stood out to me. I wouldn't say it's a classic, but it's nice to see some good rock n roll.

------------------
Rock 'N Roll is the sound of revenge.

Yup, I think this album has great comeback potential after the transitionary and unfocused Standing On The Shoulder Of Giants, as well as the overblown (to the critics) Be Here Now. If Sony can manage to properly promote Heathen Chemistry, they could have a real hit on their hands. With The Hindu Times as the first single, they picked a great song to showcase some of the best sides of Oasis. Next they should probably go with either Little By Little or She Is Love, followed by Hung In A Bad Place. People could see the varied sides of the album, and manage to make Oasis popular again here in the US.

------------------
Change is the only constant

bollocks, u ignorant fool, this is all new oasis material except force of nature which wasnt released anyways, stop crying your heart out is a classic tune and they have never released it on any of their earlier cd's nor have they done anything like it... do ur research before posting you monkey

Live forever! pure rock n roll bliss

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom