Download new Coldplay tracks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Coldplay are OK, but nothing more. It's a shame, since they showed huge potential on Parachutes.

What potential did you believe they showed on parachutes exactly? I think that "shiver" is a massive song, but beyond that I like Rush of Blood better.

Here are the songs that I'm liking from X&Y

Square One: WOW, this one got me very excited. This is Coldplay pushing their limits.

What If: Best chorus on the album. I love the falsetto.

Fix YOU: Holy crap! This song is the best on the album. The vocal harmonies on this song are unlike anything that I have ever heard before. All 4 of the band members are singing in the powerful bridge of this song.

Talk: How cool is this song? I love the guitar riff.

A Message: Not bad at all. Very typical Coldplay but a great song.

Swallowed by the Sea: Very impressive. The chorus is very special.

Zoomerang96 said:
do the rest of the songs sound like 'clocks' too?

trying to think of a track that does actually...and no it's not the sound of people talking out of their arse TRYING to find a problem with the new single...!

macphisto23 said:
Are there non radio downloadable versions on the internet ready to download? MP3's?

Yes,,, I got the album from a torrent site.

Yes. Try newsgroups. Also, I'm a bit disappointed in this album. Speed of sound is the best song on the CD as far as I'm concerned.

Hi :wave:

I've posted notice of this at Coldplaying dot com and I've only got two peers and could do with some help with this.

Hopefully you'll want this anyway. I intend to put this material in lossless form at Dimeadozen later with the official content removed but for now this is the complete Lamacq Live show in mp3 :)

Coldplay
Lamacq Live - BBC Radio 1 FM Broadcast 30th May 2005

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio1/alt/stevelamacq/index.shtml

Lineage: FM (Sony STRDB1070) > Creative SBLive! > Creative Recorder > Nero Wave Editor > MP3 CBR 192kbps

01 Steve Lamacq interviews the band, plays new tracks from X and Y, and plays tracks requested by the band (01:15:08)
02 March 1999 Maida Vale Session (00:16:43)
03 "Bigger Stronger, Coldplay The Early Years" retrospective documentary (00:29:58)

Total 2:01:50

Grab the torrent from musictorrents HERE

Seeding at 15kbps

:D

macphisto23 said:

How do you get this to work?????

It's a binary newsgroup, not a website. I mistyped the newsgroup name in my prior post. It's actually alt.binaries.sounds.m p3.complete_cd
If you're new to the binary newsgroups, http://www.slyck.com/ng.php has a good tutorial. What you basically need is access to a newsgroup server (most ISP's provide this for free) and a newsgroup reader, a software program which makes it easy to download files posted to the binary newsgroups. I use Newsbin Pro and highly recommend it. You can download a trial version of Newsbin at http://www.newsbin.com

Once you're all set up with newsgroup access, one newsgroup I recommend adding to your newsgroup list is alt.binaries.sounds.lossless
Almost every Vertigo show so far has been posted to this newsgroup in FLAC/SHN format. Downloading a show from a newsgroup takes me less than 1/2 hour, as opposed to hours via BitTorrent.

It says that spy.com link is not valid and cannot be loaded...

I want to hear the album!

But I don't want to hear shitty versions.

-Miggy

How's the quality? Would you say CD? Was this one of the ones ripped from MTV.com or another radio broadcast/stream, or do you know if this is actually ripped from a CD? I don't want my first playing of this album ruined by sub-par recording.

Thanks!

-Miggy

Yes, but which is better? The nuked version or this version Booster Juice gave us? I don't want a nuked version with crackling and popping in the background.

Is your version nuked, Booster? Or is it pristine?

-Miggy

To my knowledge there is no pristine version as of yet, booster will be able to tell for sure though.

If you heard the crackling and popping you would probably exclaim "that's all?!!". it is really no big deal and most people will not even notice it.

but, if booster has a perfect one i would go for that.

Back
Top Bottom