Down The God, Pitcairn Island Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've never had meat pies in my life tbh. Not sure wether I want to or not. And cookies? :yuck:

Meat pies are great Yeah, some cheapo ones may have questionable content, but there are a few brands that are mad tasty, especially with tomato sauce. I sometimes miss a good meat pie. Even my brother, who's been vegetarian far more longer and consistently than I have, still says he misses eating a particular brand of meat pie.

Meat pies. They're respectable.

Ax, if I finally manage to participate in the next Desert Island I will add Penelope to my list... It's a great great song.

Ooh, are we talking about our pizza skills? I'd be fucking rapt to make a pizza for some of the Melbourne crew. I have a great tomato base which I usually use for margharita pizza but - yes - Ax, I can put pepperoni on there if you want. Seriously, next time I'm in town, I'll bring all groceries and beer and stuff.

Ax, if I finally manage to participate in the next Desert Island I will add Penelope to my list... It's a great great song.

Hell yes. I'm trying to recall what Pinback tracks I've used in the past ... definitely Prog.

If I weren't doing an instrumental list this time around, I'd use Microtonic Wave or Grey Machine, both from the Offcell EP.

That was uncalled for! I even like Marmite too, so no fair.

But come on! It's just a spread. This meat smoothie? It contains respect. Do Vegemite and Marmite contain as much respect?

Well, perhaps we should do some food experiments with foreigners to ascertain this ...

Hell yes. I'm trying to recall what Pinback tracks I've used in the past ... definitely Prog.

If I weren't doing an instrumental list this time around, I'd use Microtonic Wave or Grey Machine, both from the Offcell EP.

I'm torn between a somewhat indie list and a fusion-jazz list. If it's two CDs, maybe it can work.

I need to get the EP...

Ooh, are we talking about our pizza skills? I'd be fucking rapt to make a pizza for some of the Melbourne crew. I have a great tomato base which I usually use for margharita pizza but - yes - Ax, I can put pepperoni on there if you want. Seriously, next time I'm in town, I'll bring all groceries and beer and stuff.

Sounds good, though Margharita is a bit boring to me. :hmm: I was more thinking home made pizza with tomato sauce, artichoke, capsicum(yellow and red), ham, salami/pepperoni, cheese... and whatever else I can find in the house at the time. I'd put some fish on it but since Ax is allergic no can do.

Sounds good, though Margharita is a bit boring to me. :hmm: I was more thinking home made pizza with tomato sauce, artichoke, capsicum(yellow and red), ham, salami/pepperoni, cheese... and whatever else I can find in the house at the time. I'd put some fish on it but since Ax is allergic no can do.

Margharita is highly underestimated. I discovered the zen of pizza - that less is more. Yeah, I don't blame anyone for getting a pizza with the lot and then chilling while watching 300 on a Saturday night, but if you want the real ritz, then a high class margharita (or something similarly minimal) is a great way to go. It becomes a fine art. The sauce of the pizza, I have found, will make it or break it. Inspired by traditional pizza my parents ate in Venice and told many a wily anecdote of, the topping of the pizza is simply paste and cheese. But the paste is a mystery of treasure and gold, and also secrets. This is pizza of the highest order. It is heavenly. Now I'm exploring the second essential of the pizza - the bread itself. This journey will take me to places I have never dreamed of, and the third essential is to do with (SPOILER) cheese in case you were wondering.

Margharita is highly underestimated. I discovered the zen of pizza - that less is more. Yeah, I don't blame anyone for getting a pizza with the lot and then chilling while watching 300 on a Saturday night, but if you want the real ritz, then a high class margharita (or something similarly minimal) is a great way to go. It becomes a fine art. The sauce of the pizza, I have found, will make it or break it. Inspired by traditional pizza my parents ate in Venice and told many a wily anecdote of, the topping of the pizza is simply paste and cheese. But the paste is a mystery of treasure and gold, and also secrets. This is pizza of the highest order. It is heavenly. Now I'm exploring the second essential of the pizza - the bread itself. This journey will take me to places I have never dreamed of, and the third essential is to do with (SPOILER) cheese in case you were wondering.

:up: that's my kind of pizza, Bonnie.

But come on! It's just a spread. This meat smoothie? It contains respect. Do Vegemite and Marmite contain as much respect?

Well, perhaps we should do some food experiments with foreigners to ascertain this ...

I think we should bake a pie containing nothing but assorted mites in concentration, and serve slices to these guys, telling them it's a main traditional part of Australian cuisine.

Wait, shit, I'm thinking aloud.

Bonnie, why haven't you opened a pizza restaurant on Lygon St yet?

I think we should bake a pie containing nothing but assorted mites in concentration, and serve slices to these guys, telling them it's a main traditional part of Australian cuisine.

Wait, shit, I'm thinking aloud.

This is a stunningly good idea and I hope we go through with it one day.

It can be the specialty for non-pumpkin eaters at Ax and Bonnie's Perfect Goth Pumpkin Eatery.

While that's true, I do find pizzas with just tomato sauce and cheese a bit lacking in taste. I prefer a bit more taste on my pizza. Though people here are overdoing it with their Shoarma and Doner pizzas! :yuck:
:shifty: And if you want spoilers, there's the spoiler tag now y'know!

and, i think i killed my friend's plant that he asked me to watch while he's in the US for 4 weeks. I didn't water it for over a week. I am really, really bad at plants. All the leaves are drooping over the side. :( oops.

hey ax :wave:

gump and i are going skiing tomorrow, he's driving, so i'll be a test case to make sure he won't kill us all when we go on a roadtrip after the paris shows :wink:

btw it has always bothered me that the wink face is green. green? doesn't seem to be a winky color. envy, sickness, negative things.

and, i think i killed my friend's plant that he asked me to watch while he's in the US for 4 weeks. I didn't water it for over a week. I am really, really bad at plants. All the leaves are drooping over the side. :( oops.

That doesn't have to mean it's dead yet. Water it, but be careful not to overdo that, otherwise the plant's roots will rot!

Just give it a bit of water, perhaps add some Pokon or so.

hey ax :wave:

gump and i are going skiing tomorrow, he's driving, so i'll be a test case to make sure he won't kill us all when we go on a roadtrip after the paris shows :wink:

Awesome. Haha, hope you both arrive back in one piece.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom