Doves US Tour Postponed!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sweet Tart

Refugee
this was posted on the doves official website....

April 26, 2005
Jimi's throat...
News

Hi,

Yes sadly it's true. I've been told to rest my vocals for two to three weeks. Coachella aside, it's postponement not cancellation! We are already tentatively re-scheduling.

Sorry some people had to find out via Capitol's website and not ours but we had to let biz types know first, i.e. venues, promoters, stylists, personal assistants etc...(alright...not the last two!).

We're truly gutted but it's got to be right long term.

See you all soon.

Jimi, Andy, Jez, Martin
x x x x
P.S.coming soon...a picture of my throat!

this is bad news...supposedly they have cancelled coachella and all the west coast and mid us dates have been postponed and TBA. they are hoping to start the tour in chicago but it looks more like detroit. i'm seeing them in toronto on may 16. suppoedly this date is still on cause it's the one after detroit but you never know.

i will be crushed if they postpone cause i might not be able to go cause i'm flying home on the 18th and not coming back til the 24th. if they reschdule in those days in essentailly fucked. they are one of my all time favorite bands who i have yet to see live and i've been waiting since 2002 to do so. so i think i'll be spending the next 3 weeks praying for jimi's speedy recovery.

Read about this earlier, I just hope his voice heals.

On another note, for everyone in the US (maybe all of North America), the 'Live at Eden' live EP just recently came out. It's only being sold through independant music stores, so check your local shops! I picked it up today, very cool! Definitely worth the $7.

crap...I need to look into this...OR someone from somewhere should e-mail me before I drive to philly with the ticket I just got in the mail yesterday. :grumpy:

u2popmofo said:
Read about this earlier, I just hope his voice heals.

On another note, for everyone in the US (maybe all of North America), the 'Live at Eden' live EP just recently came out. It's only being sold through independant music stores, so check your local shops! I picked it up today, very cool! Definitely worth the $7.

:ohmy:

Jeff, as of now, it's ONLY the west coast tour. I've heard that it now officially starts in Detriot, so we're good as of now. Sadly, no doves at coachella for me, but it'll be better to see them in Philly & DC anyway....

From pitchfork:
Doves Postpone Tour!

Rob Kleckner reports:
Doves have been forced to postpone the first half of their North American tour. The tour was to begin at the Coachella this friday. All dates from Coachella through Chicago on May 13 have been postponed. The tour will now begin on May 14 in Detroit.

A post on the band's site by lead singer Jimi Goodwin gave an explanation: "Yes, sadly it's true. I've been told to rest my vocals for two to three weeks. Coachella aside, it's postponement not cancellation! We are already tenatively re-scheduling...We're truly gutted but it's got to be right long term...P.S. coming soon...a picture of my throat!"

Well, Jimi, we appreciate your honesty and graciousness...but no thanks on that picture!

Here are some cities that have not been affected by the bad news:

05-14 Detroit, MI - Majestic Theatre
05-16 Toronto, Ontario - Kool Haus
05-18 New York, NY - Webster Hall
05-19 New York, NY - Webster Hall
05-20 Boston, MA - Avalon
05-22 Philadelphia, PA - Theatre Of Living Arts
05-23 Washington, DC - 9:30 Club

* Pitchfork Review: Doves: Some Cities
* Doves: http://doves.musicblog.co.uk/archives/news/index.html/

Last edited:
Back