doves are back in the studio!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sweet Tart

Refugee
sorry for posting a new thread but the other doves ones are quite old so i thought i would post a new one. this was posted on their website/blog right before the weekend and there are also some new pictures as well. :D

Where we're recording from...
Just to let you all know we've started work on the new album. We've found a great place to record on a farm down the M56 outside Manchester. We've been in there for a couple of weeks now mainly setting gear up & ironing out our usual technical problems! We've also bought some great vintage studio gear we've always fancied (I won't bore you with the details). The idea is to record everything here & maybe mix elsewhere & produce the record ourselves, but knowing us lot, that could all change if we get sick of the smell of cow s*** on the farm!

It's very early days so don't expect anything too soon, but there's loads of ideas kicking around & we're all well excited about where we're going to go on this one.

Keep your eyes out on the site, as we'll be posting on there from time to time to let you know how i'ts going and lastly, sorry but we won't be doing any festivals or gigs this year as we want to concentrate on the record (but we will be attempting the occasional DJ slot!). Much thanks to all of you as ever for sticking with us.

andy, jimi, jez x

:hyper:

I absolutely loved Lost Souls and Last Broadcast, but I just never really got into the new album for some reason, it just seemed so much different than the earlier stuff. Does anyone else agree at all?

Still, I am looking forward to this anyways, hopefully I will get back into this band.

Roland Deschain said:
I absolutely loved Lost Souls and Last Broadcast, but I just never really got into the new album for some reason, it just seemed so much different than the earlier stuff. Does anyone else agree at all?

I still think Last Broadcast is far and away their weakest over all effort myself (it had some fantastic tracks with some filler, just wasn't as consistant as Lost Souls or Some Cities to my ears). That was the album that didn't win me over, but I loved Some Cities. Of course I really see people all over the map with which Doves albums they like and don't like, kinda interesting. I think I even made a poll thread as to which album people preferred a bit back, seemed pretty even.

I still think Last Broadcast is far and away their weakest over all effort myself (it had some fantastic tracks with some filler, just wasn't as consistant as Lost Souls or Some Cities to my ears). That was the album that didn't win me over, but I loved Some Cities. Of course I really see people all over the map with which Doves albums they like and don't like, kinda interesting . . .

I couldn't agree with you more if I tried u2popmofo!

"Some Cities" is far and away my favorite Doves album, great, great songs from start to finish. And "Snowden", ahhhhhh, "Snowden" is just a gift from heaven!

I can't wait for the new album (and hopefully a U.S. tour since I've never seen them live)!

Back
Top Bottom