Don't Pour GatorAde On Your Coach Until You Have Won The Game

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
U2ME3 said:
what a finish!

And what an embarassment for Coach Morris; I truly feel sorry for him. Is it true that some UK fans had already stormed the field before LSU ran in their touchdown?

~U2Alabama

They were supposedly already rocking the goalposts.... too funny.

Hey Bama, what's your take on Georgia/Auburn this weekend? Georgia has been hammered by injuries, and this one is always a war....

Monkey79 said:
Hey Bama, what's your take on Georgia/Auburn this weekend? Georgia has been hammered by injuries, and this one is always a war....

My wife is going to that game (she is a Au-buhn fan). I can say this: They are concerned more about this game than any they have played yet; I think it is because it is historically a road victory for either team, and Richt has UGA on their best start in 19 years. And like yourself, I have seen many UGA fans concerned with your injury roster, which grows each week. Like always, the game will be a toss-up and very close. Remember that there are TWO Auburn teams this season: the one that got killed by Arkansas and squeaked by Syracuse, and the one that annihilated LSU. I attended the Arkansas and LSU games with my wife (we were off when AU played Ark, and we were on our way to Atlanta when they played LSU with Bama playing Tenn that night). I saw two completely different teams and even two different sets of fans in the stadium. It was 90 degrees and sunny for the Arkansas game, yet the Aubs were so quiet I could have taken a nap (except when they boo'ed then-quarterback, Daniel Cobb), while the LSU game was at 11:30 AM in a miserable rain, and the Aubs got very loud.

It may also come down to which coach doesn't blow it with a stupid call (see: Tuberville's fake punt from endzone vs. Florida, Richt's follies vs. Auburn last year).

Night games are fun in Auburn; if you get the chance to go, enjoy some good tailgating and try to eat a meal at Amsterdam Cafe; the turkey wrap is amazing and the humous dip is the best I have ever had.

~U2Alabama

Last edited:
Like you, I was at the Arkansas & LSU games. And you're exactly right... Jeckyl & Hyde. I enjoy going to the Plains, but I usually go 'tween the Hedges a couple of times a year as well. I like to see all of the local teams do well (I'm actually closer to Auburn than Athens), but if I had to choose a favorite, my loyalties probably side with UGA....

That being said, I think the Dawgs have *just* enough to squeak one out this week. I think they'll be able to get enough pressure on Campbell to cause him to make mistakes. If UGA wins, it'll be because their defense dominates. Now, if AU can stop the run like they did vs. LSU and it becomes a matter of ball control, it's a totally different ballgame.

The instant ecstacy of perceived defeat is sometimes followed by the agony of reality...

KentuckyvsLSU.JPG

~U2Alabama

The replay of that game was on ESPN Classic earlier tonight...amazing last play, but the fans reactions were classic...that's why they play the whole game.

walkon11 said:
amazing last play, but the fans reactions were classic...that's why they play the whole game.

What was the reaction of the fans when Devery Henderson hauled the miracle touchdown into the endzone?

~U2Alabama

LOL...I know they show LSU's quarterback running down the field...and in the background is a Kentucky fan, arms wide open and then he stops dead in his tracks. Jaw drops to the ground as the player runs...one fan in the scoring endzone had actually run into it, and got bumped around by the mobbing LSU squad...pure shock on EVERYONES face (except the idiots tearing down the goalposts...they found out about 5 minutes after the game actually ended).

U2Bama said:
It's sad in a way. Even LSU coach Nick Saban said he flet bad for the Kentucky team.

For sure, that was heartbreaking. I wouldn't have expected that kind of ending, and I'm sure Kentucky was shell-shocked...I really wonder how this will affect the rest of the season, it's gotta be tough to recover from that.

Saban looked mad...I'm sure he's happy with a win, but not with how it came about...he muttered something about "fixing a lot of things" or something to that extent.

walkon11 said:
Saban looked mad...

As we play them tomorrow night, the word around here has been that Saban was very mad at the team's performance, more mad than he was happy over winning on a freak play. Any way, that is how football can go at any time. I never get too confident, but I do set myself up for the upsets.

~U2Alabama

Back
Top Bottom