Don't forget your taxes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Headache in a Suitcase

Site Team
Staff member
With the other morally corrupt bootlicking rubes.
Todd: Daddy, what do taxes pay for?
Ned: Oh, why, everything! Policemen, trees, sunshine! And lets not forget the folks who just don't feel like working, God bless 'em!

2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg

April 15th is right around the corner peeps...

i just picked up my w2 yesterday.

my stepfather's doing my taxes.

im getting a small refund of say...282?

sexy indeed.

ugh. I filed mine online at midnight last week using that nifty turbo tax. but now they say it's rejected because I entered it in wrong.

I'm not getting much back anyway. A whopping 26.00!

Taxes :up: Unions :up:

Sure nobody likes paying their taxes, but next time I need to see a doctor I'll be grateful that my taxes fund the NHS, if I have children when go to school I'll be grateful for a tax-funded education system, if I'm unfortunate enough to lose my job I'll be grateful for a social security system, if I go back to college I'll be grateful that higher education is subsidised from taxation so it doesn't cost me ?50,000 plus to be educated, next time I visit a public library I'll be grateful that my taxes make those resources available to everyone, next time I walk down the street I'll be grateful that taxes pay for transport infrastructure, next time I pick up my prescription I'll be grateful for an NHS which makes my medication affordable.

"Taxes are what we pay for a civilized society."

It would be nice if taxes went to such a fine, limited list. Unfortunately, taxes feed a self-interested, self-preserving bureaucracy with an appetite for social engineering - going well beyond maintaining infrastructure and public safety and order.

Unions selectively over-value limited job functions and sustain another layer of bureaucracy - sometimes at the expense of its own members.

They are due today!

Paying taxes is one thing. Taking over 28 hours to complete the forms is another :down:

28 Hours Needed to Fill Out Tax Forms

WASHINGTON - If it seems like it's taking you longer and longer to fill out your tax return each year, you're not imagining things. The government estimates it takes taxpayers 28 hours and 30 minutes to complete an average tax return with itemized deductions and income reported from interest, dividends and capital gains. That's 42 minutes longer than last year.

Re: They are due today!

nbcrusader said:
Paying taxes is one thing. Taking over 28 hours to complete the forms is another :down:

28 Hours Needed to Fill Out Tax Forms

I do believe that BAW will argue with that figure..... :yes: maybe 182 :hmm: and she finished early, Tuesday....last year, we actually signed our papers at 6 p.m. and found a late drop-off 15 minutes before closing time....not this year...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom