Donald vs Rosie

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
tmz.com

Donald Trump says that Barbara Walters called Rosie O'Donnell a "pig" in a phone conversation and that "she won't be [at "The View"] for long."

Trump sent a letter to Rosie O'Donnell this morning alleging that he and Babwa had a conversation about the Trump-Rosie hostilities while Babwa was on vacation. Trump says that, according to Walters, "working with [Rosie] is like living in hell" and, "Don't worry, she won't be here for long." What's more, Trump says that Walters advised him, "Donald, never get into the mud with pigs."

Donald also tells Rosie that she has "good reason to be angry" at Walters, anger that spilled over in a confrontation yesterday on "The View," prompting two items in New York tabloids this morning.

The Donald was kind enough to convey his "warmest regards" to Rosie's partner Kelly, to whom he referred to as Rosie's "wife."

the letter

http://www.aolcdn.com/tmz_documents/rosie_letter_1.jpg

I can't believe the gall of Trump. What does it say about him that he's basically saying (and not just to Rosie, to the public):

Hey, Rosie, guess what? I talked to Barbara, and Barbara hates working with you, will fire you soon, and thinks you're a pig! Have a nice day. Hi to the wife!

Seriously, WTF is wrong with these people?

I know just what you mean. But when you think about it people do stuff like that all the time, it's just not public because they're not celebrities. Sometimes even people here and the way some of them behave reminds me of the way he is behaving.

its good to see Trump stick to his convictions rather than backing down due to public backlash

corianderstem said:
Well, I often wonder about the "everyday" people who say stuff like that, too. :wink:

Oh I hear you, I don't mean to say anything different. I do too.

According to Page Six...

January 9, 2007 -- The tension between "The View" creator Barbara Walters and co-host Rosie O'Donnell, sparked by O'Donnell's feud with Donald Trump, boiled over yesterday morning when the portly comic called Walters "a [bleeping] liar."

The fight started around 8:30 a.m. when Walters, back from a two-week vacation, walked into the hair and makeup room at ABC studios and tried to hug O'Donnell, whom she hired onto the popular show.

According to spies, O'Donnell recoiled from Walters' touch and yelled, "You kept me in the newspapers this whole time!"

Both "View" producer Bill Geddie and Walters tried to calm O'Donnell. Walters told her, "I did everything I could to squash the story" - prompting Rosie to scream, "You didn't call me for 10 goddamn days, and you didn't tell me what you were going to say on television!"

O'Donnell is fuming because Trump went on Larry King two weeks ago - after she had called Trump a "snake-oil salesman" - and said Walters told him she regretted hiring O'Donnell. Trump also blasted the comic as "a horrible human being and a loser."

During her vacation, Walters issued a carefully worded statement saying, "I'm sorry there is friction between Donald and Rosie. That said, I do not regret for one moment my choice to hire Rosie O'Donnell as the moderator of 'The View.' "

After O'Donnell's outburst at Walters yesterday, Geddie jumped in and told her, "You've crossed the line." O'Donnell retorted, "Cameras are now outside of my house where my wife and kids are." She turned to Walters and said, "You went all around this and never called [Trump] a liar. You never said, 'Donald is lying.' You never called him a liar."

When Walters tried to defend herself, O'Donnell erupted, "Are you looking me in the face and denying you didn't tell him you didn't say this? You're a [bleeping] liar."

Cindi Berger, a rep for both Walters and O'Donnell said, "Whatever happened in the hair and makeup room was hardly a squabble. It's business as usual, everyone has moved on."

Watched The View this morning :reject: and Barbara called Trump "a pathetic man" I wonder what he'll have to say about that?

on Perez:

Just minutes ago, Donald Trump released this new letter in response to the comments made on The View this morning by Barbara Walters and Rosie O'Donnell.

In the letter, he criticizes Barbara for "taking the low road." He calls her a liar and "pathetic."

As for O'Donnell, Trump seems to be running out of insults. This time he refers to her as "a third-rate comedian."

He went on to crow that Rosie was giving inaccurate information about The Apprentice. Trump cited numbers that make it appear that his reality show didn't bomb as badly as it did.

Trump was on Conan last night and refused to talk about it, I guess Rosie just can't let things go.

Doozer61 said:
i just can't believe it is still in the news :tsk:

Totally AGREE !! :up:

The fact that they are both STILL battling back-n-forth is getting more-n-more ridiculous ... they need to let matters go and move on. :bow:

IMO ... Seriously, there are more important things in the news to concern ourselves with ... than hearing about this everyday. :yes:

kellyahern said:

What ever happened to Omarosa anyway? :scratch:

She's a third-rate celebrity. :wink:

I was actually quoting a line from Friends, and I'm glad someone brought up Omarosa, because I'd completely forgotten about that.

Way to bring it back to Donald!

Back
Top Bottom