Donald Trump vs Martha Stewart

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MrsSpringsteen

Blue Crack Addict
Gotta love such a clash of gigantic egos

Whoa Trump was harsh there, poor Martha :evil:

people.com

In an open letter to Martha Stewart obtained by PEOPLE, Donald Trump has come out swinging against the other Apprentice host, saying that her version of the NBC reality show – which was not renewed after suffering low ratings – "never had a chance."

Stewart, who had recently told Newsweek that her relationship with the mogul was "excellent," calls Trump's letter "mean-spirited and reckless."

"I almost can’t believe my longtime friend Donald Trump wrote it," Stewart said in a statement to PEOPLE. "I am very proud of the work we did with Mark Burnett Productions and Mr. Trump, who was an executive producer, on The Apprentice: Martha Stewart.

Below is Trump's letter in its entirety, followed by Stewart's response.

"Dear Martha:

It's about time you started taking responsibility for your failed version of The Apprentice. Your performance was terrible in that the show lacked mood, temperament and just about everything else a show needs for success. I knew it would fail as soon as I first saw it – and your low ratings bore me out.

Between your daughter, with her one word statements, your letter writing and, most importantly, your totally unconvincing demeanor, it never had a chance – much as your daytime show is not exactly setting records.

Despite this, I did nothing but positively promote you. Your only response to your failed show was that, "I thought that I was supposed to fire Donald Trump!" You knew this was not true – NBC would never fire me when The Apprentice was, for a good period of time, the #1 show on television and my recent finale, where I hired Randal, was the #2 show for the week, easily beating the competing finale of Amazing Race and others. Even Mark Burnett said, "Thank God that didn't happen," when asked about firing Donald Trump.

Essentially, you made this firing up just as you made up your sell order of ImClone. The only difference is – that was more obvious. Putting your show on the air was a mistake for everybody – especially NBC.

In any event, my great loyalty to you has gone totally unappreciated.

Sincerely,
Donald J. Trump

P.S. Be careful or I will do a syndicated daytime show, perhaps called The Boardroom, and further destroy the meager ratings you already have!"

Martha Stewart's response: The letter is so mean-spirited and reckless that I almost can’t believe my long-time friend Donald Trump wrote it. I am very proud of the work we did with Mark Burnett Productions and Mr. Trump, who was an executive producer, on The Apprentice: Martha Stewart. Many young entrepreneurs learned so much from the show and enjoyed it. Many families sat their children down weekly to watch it. We are even more pleased with our excellent daytime show Martha – syndicated by NBC Universal – which has just been nominated for six daytime Emmys (including best show and best host), was touted by The New York Times as one of the best shows on television, and has been embraced by our wonderful audience throughout the country.

NY Daily News

The war between Donald Trump and Martha Stewart rages on.

Still smarting from that "open letter" in which Trump spanked Stewart for claiming she almost "fired" the "Apprentice" star, the Domestic Diva has branded his behavior as "juvenile," "evil," "unethical" and "immoral."

"He sent the letter to the press before he sent it to me," groused Martha, appearing on daughter Alexis' Sirius Satellite radio show, "Whatever with Alexis and Jennifer."

"A normal businessman doesn't really behave this way," Alexis concurred.

"Donald is not a normal businessman," said Martha, speaking from her office. "Remember Donald was born with a silver spoon in his mouth."

"Or up his a-," sniped Alexis.

"He's a spoiled brat," agreed Martha.

Martha went on: "Guess who is replacing [Trump employee] Carolyn Kepcher on the next version of the show? His daughter Ivanka!"

"I feel sorry for her," said Alexis. "She seems like a nice girl. It must be hard to have such a freak for a father."

Told that shares of Martha Stewart Omnimedia had risen that day, Alexis wondered, "Do you think your stock is going up because Donald is talking about you?"

"No," replied Martha. "I don't think serious investors listen to Donald Trump, actually."

Signing off, Martha said she had to write a column for her magazine.

"Really?" Alexis asked, dryly. "You're not busy riding around town seeing if your name is polished properly on the front of all the buildings you don't really own?"

Calling from his Mar-a-Lago estate, Trump told us yesterday: "I do too own the buildings!"

Told where Alexis thought he might keep his silver spoon, he snapped: "Nice. What a crude statement. But then Alexis is used to making crude statements. Too bad she couldn't put two words together on her mother's show. She was terrible."

Trump noted that Martha had vowed on her talk show that she didn't want to talk about his letter anymore. "But Martha has a record of lying," hissed Trump

I love the Apprentice and can't wait for it to start back up on Monday! They are both very egotistical but Martha just has to blame Donald for her failure...She should just suck it up.

MrsSpringsteen said:
NBC would never fire me when The Apprentice was, for a good period of time, the #1 show on television and my recent finale, where I hired Randal, was the #2 show for the week, easily beating the competing finale of Amazing Race and others.

That may be true, but Martha has the better hairdo.

:wink:

Back
Top Bottom