Dominican Republic Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Axver said:

I've only seen it because of the cricket. I watch the cricket and rugby, SBS World News, Top Gear, Spicks & Specks, and The Chaser. Not so into TV myself.

Not seen Thank God You're Here? It's one of the few genuinely good Aussie comedy shows around. Depends a lot on the participants though.

Bye gluey!

gluey said:
Ok, I've had my taste of the Dominican Republic. Now I MUST go to bed. Have fun y'all....don't do too much whorin' while I'm gone.

Have a good one! We'll probably be on to Dubai by the time you get back ... :wave:

Axver said:
Ali's back from the postwhoredom-dead!
Feeling like death warmed up too. :crack:

Axver said:
:lol: We need to get you into cricket.
No, you really don't.... :no:

A Canadian friend of mine was going to get married in the Dominican Republic. Whole thing kinda dissolved a few weeks beforehand though. :huh:

soo funny, I was JUST thinking how much I love geography at school :D And I truely believe I was a travel agent in a previous life :wink:

You've got your whole life ahead of you to go travelling! And believe me, you don't have to be rich!! I know I don't have a house or many material possessions to my name, I've spent all my money on travelling over the years .. and I wouldn't trade it for the world :D

major_panic said:

Not seen Thank God You're Here? It's one of the few genuinely good Aussie comedy shows around. Depends a lot on the participants though.

I watched it once. Can't say I was really taken by it. Felt like it tried too hard.

bono_man2002 said:
Those Terminator commercials during the cricket are really pissing me off!

So are the stupid AAMI ads. "But we're individuals!" Fuck off.

major_panic said:

MAGICAL MYSTERY TOUR feat. muffins and ice chocolate!

:lol:

You guys better come good and at least get me to South Australia. With lots of iced chocolates. :mad: :wink:

bono_man2002 said:

But I do love the commonwealth bank adds!

I sort of do, and I sort of don't quite get some of it, and I sort of think they're stupid. They confuse me. The game show one is the best.

Brian: "You're all individuals!"
mob: "Yes! We are all individuals!"
guy at the back: "I'm not..."

Python:love:

Belated greetings to Melissa :wave:

bono_man2002 said:

But I do love the commonwealth bank adds!

The one with Michael Bay? That one's at least pretty decent.

Axver said:

You guys better come good and at least get me to South Australia. With lots of iced chocolates.

You'll be bored five minutes into SA. Although if we do go, we've gotta watch out for them Quran-burning Christians :uhoh: they'll really hate me.

Alisaura said:

Feeling like death warmed up too. :crack:

No, you really don't.... :no:

A Canadian friend of mine was going to get married in the Dominican Republic. Whole thing kinda dissolved a few weeks beforehand though. :huh:

:hug:

You know you want to get into cricket. You know you do! My mother stubbornly resisted until she had to take me to a game at the 'Gabba and she's been a fan ever since. If I could convert her into a cricket fan, I can convert anyone!

Alisaura said:
Brian: "You're all individuals!"
mob: "Yes! We are all individuals!"
guy at the back: "I'm not..."

Life of Brian :combust:

"He's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy!"

TranceEnding said:
soo funny, I was JUST thinking how much I love geography at school :D And I truely believe I was a travel agent in a previous life :wink:

You've got your whole life ahead of you to go travelling! And believe me, you don't have to be rich!! I know I don't have a house or many material possessions to my name, I've spent all my money on travelling over the years .. and I wouldn't trade it for the world :D

With my vision, I don't really like going new places by myself all too much. I wish I could just hop in a car though, just go driving through the country or something. I love the countryside. I wish I could go trainchasing through country Victoria. That sounds like a dream to me ...

Axver said:
You know you want to get into cricket. You know you do! My mother stubbornly resisted until she had to take me to a game at the 'Gabba and she's been a fan ever since. If I could convert her into a cricket fan, I can convert anyone!
*remains skeptical*

Ads that win: That Carlton Draught ad to the tune of O Fortuna... and that Drumstick ad with all the people doing synchronised wedgie-extractions and boyfriend-smacking... :giggle:

major_panic said:
You'll be bored five minutes into SA. Although if we do go, we've gotta watch out for them Quran-burning Christians :uhoh: they'll really hate me.

They'll probably burn me too.

And SA sounds like it has some good wine and interesting trains, at the very least! Plus the tram line to Glenelg in Adelaide! I want to go on their H class trams from 1929! :drool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom