Doing a bif fvaor for Neil Finn- Buy this album

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

whiteflag

The Fly
Doing a big favor for Neil Finn- Buy this album

I don't know if anyone on this board has heard of this album, but let me the first to most highly recommend it. It's called Seven World's Collide and its a live recording of the show that I'm pretty sure all of you Radiohead fans have heard about. For those of you who haven't Neil and a bunch of his friends including Ed and Phil and Eddie Vedder got together about a year ago and jammed to Neil's greatest songs. I have had this album for about two weeks now and its all that I have been interested in playing since then. It is truly one of the best live records I've ever heard. It captures a very special moment when some very great musicians got together to play some great incredibly tuneful and accesible songs.

So if you love great music and great songs, run and buy this album as soon as you can. You just might end up like me in thinking that Neil is without a doubt one of our greatest living songwriters.

P.S. The song "Stuff and Nonsense" w/vocals by Eddie Vedder will knock your socks off. I'm not really a fan of Eddie's so that might give you some indication of just how incredible it is. DO NOT miss it!

:) :)

PPS Report back here when you've had your first listen, ok? I'd love to hear what new initiates think about it.

Last edited:
I've had Seven Worlds Collide for a few months now and it is indeed an excellent album. I even got to see Neil Finn live at an intimate venue when he came to Seattle in July. He didnt have the full Seven Worlds Collide crew with him but he still had Lisa Germano and Eddie Vedder made a surprise appearance. I heard that SanFran got Johnny Marr.

Have to admit that I wasn't that familiar with Neil Finn before, but after I got 7 Worlds Collide, I loved his music. I saw him last July live and got his latest cd, "One All".

As well as Seven Worlds Collide, I have One All AND its original version, One Nil (actually think I prefer the original.) And of course I have his first solo album, Try Whistling This, and all the Crowded House albums. I only have one Split Enz album, and then there's the Finn Brothers and so on and I don't have any of that material. Well, lots to look forward to! On Seven Worlds, I particularly love "There is a Light That Never Goes Out." For me personally, there is a bit too much of Eddie Vedder and other singers on the album--I would have liked even more Neil--but Eddie does a great job, and the album might bring Neil Finn to the notice of Pearl Jam and Radiohead fans. So many famous and popular musicians revere him but he isn't all that well known himself. I saw him in July too and what a great show he put on. Actually saw him twice in one day, he did a six-song acoustic set at the Virgin Megastore in Vancouver, in which he played the two songs I most wanted to hear--Private Universe and Into the Sunset (my current sig is from this song). I also talked to him briefly afterward and he signed my CD. And the actual show in the evening was wonderful. A whole lot of us ended up in front of the stage at the end, including me. He's very funny and so talented.

Last edited:
goes around comes around

You did Neil Finn a favour whiteflag,Thanks. He was doing a favour last night and I hope the story may further deepen your appreciation of the man.

I wasn't there:( but last night in Sydney he played at the Fred Hollows Foundation 10th Annual Charity dinner. Fred Hollows was a truly remarkable, if somewhat fiesty Australian and human being. (U could do a web search on him. Inspirational..... one little step at a time)
As too often happens, we lose hearts and minds like his early, but his family, colleagues and friends such as Neil Finn are keeping his dream alive. Fred Hollows left a very elegant wife behind. I am sure the beauty Neil's music last night would have helped ease her through their celebration of Fred's life and work.

I have said before, I was lucky to see Neil Finn perform with Split Enz in the early days, a mere boy.....a very talented boy!!

I shall look forward to hearing the album...one day:heart:

I grew up listening to Crowded House, via my Mum and then when i was a bit older I disdovered Split Enz for myself and now I have Neil's solo work to love- he truly is remarkable- for all of you international lovers of Neil's work I seriously reccomend you try downloading some music from Paul Kelly- he is an Australian singer songwriter in much the same vein as Neil Finn- they are both mates and are two if not the best singer/songwriters gracing the shores of both NZ and Oz:)

Back
Top Bottom