Doherty blames Geldof's daughter for Live8 performance

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

beau2ifulday

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
Okay then.

6/7/05 Doherty blames Live 8 flop on Geldof's daughter, 16, "making a pass" at him

Troubled rocker Pete Doherty has blamed Live 8 co-organiser Sir Bob Geldof's daughter for his disastrous duet with Sir Elton John at the historic concert, insisting she made a pass at him seconds before he went on stage.

The Babyshambles frontman could barely stand up when he joined John onstage to sing T-Rex hit Children Of The Revolution.

But he has slammed accusations his poor performance was caused by drugs, insisting Geldof's 16-year-old daughter, Peaches put him off, by fondling him and whispering obscenities in his ear.

He says, "I wasn't lost for words and I wasn't out of it on drugs. Just before I went on stage, Peaches squeezed my bum hard and whispered something rather suggestive to me. It left me in such shock, I didn't know where I was.

"Bob Geldof has organised this amazing global event, I was facing 210,000 people, the cameras are rolling, and f**king Elton John is duetting with me. And Bob's daughter has secretly made a pass at me.

"It's all I can think about. It did my head in. I didn't think Bob would be very happy."

Last edited:
doherty is an useless piece of shit...drughead. people like him make me sick. this man is a disgrace. they should buy him a ticket for the island of the LOST castaways...that should help him overcome his addictions.
i am so angry 'cause this bastard ruined one of T.Rex greatest songs. :mad:

jacobus said:
doherty is an useless piece of shit...drughead. people like him make me sick. this man is a disgrace. they should buy him a ticket for the island of the LOST castaways...that should help him overcome his addictions.
i am so angry 'cause this bastard ruined one of T.Rex greatest songs. :mad:

took the words right out of my mouth

These sorts of rumors can get started when you name your daughter Peaches. :shame:

She's annoying, actually.
She had a TV show here about teenagers in Britain, which basically amounted to her oh-so-lovely conclusion of:

'every teenager is having sex and doing drugs and smoking and getting drunk and is not political enough like me'

Bad phrasing included.

But that aside, she has said a bunch of time that she like Doherty, so this wouldn't surprise me if it were true :shrug:

Last edited:
Let me rephrase my question, because I'm not sure if people thought I was serious or not. Who is this guy? Is he in a band in the UK or something? Solo artist? Who is he??!!!

He was in a band called The Libertines for a while. He got kicked out once after robbing the flat of his bandmate and got thrown in jail. They made up after he was released, and the band returned to it's original line-up.
He's since been kicked out again because of his drug addiction and general unreliability and formed his own band called Babyshambles. His fame has rocketed recently, which is a shame for people like me who really don't give a shit.
He's shagging Kate Moss. Has been for a while, and just seems to get more drugged up by the day.
He was also in court again not so long ago on an assault charge.

beau2ifulday said:
He was in a band called The Libertines for a while. He got kicked out once after robbing the flat of his bandmate and got thrown in jail. They made up after he was released, and the band returned to it's original line-up.
He's since been kicked out again because of his drug addiction and general unreliability and formed his own band called Babyshambles. His fame has rocketed recently, which is a shame for people like me who really don't give a shit.
He's shagging Kate Moss. Has been for a while, and just seems to get more drugged up by the day.
He was also in court again not so long ago on an assault charge.

:love:

I didn't know assault charges turned girls on?

(Edit: Peaches is cute.)

Last edited:
typhoon said:
I didn't know assault charges turned girls on?

is that in reference to the smilie i posted?

if so...i didn't realize that was the "i'm aroused smilie"

:aroused:

i think kate and he are fabulous, but that's just me. i like a good rockstar with my mini-wheats. to quote my favorite way of looking at the world, "it's like sid and nancy - if nancy was good looking and sid had talent."

i haven't asked anyone to agree with me, 'ave i? :shh:

jeSUS, people!

any of you bongo-lovers actually see the live8 clip? or listen to the libertines or baby shambles? or is it just that he's a druggy?

hell yeah, the beatles fucking SUCK, man. they did DRUGS! omfg! wait! oh noes!!1!! bongo did a live8 song with paul! wtf do we do now?!?

as for live8, i almost fell down myself when i watched pete & elton because elton john looked like a super-scary JABBA THE HUT with bad glasses!

seriously, tho: if you haven't heard the libertines, go get the libertines NOW. they've got it at the itunes music store. it's excellent. and druggy or not, pete doherty was the soul of that band.

and baby shambles's single killamangiro is also available at the itms. 99 cents to actually know what this artist SOUNDS LIKE, if that interests you as much as who he's fucking...

xox,
dead nancy

You'd think Pete Doherty wouldn't be too put off by a squeeze from Peaches just before he 'was facing 210,000 people, the cameras are rolling, and f**king Elton John'.

Back
Top Bottom