Doherty blames Geldof's daughter for Live8 performance

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think Peaches is wicked cute (albeit young), butI dunno if that's just me. :shrug:

And Wikipedia says she's 14, nearly 15.

i can't stand the libertines (pete's old band) and my mates love them. so i regularly engage in passionate U2/libertines arguments, slagging off each others favourite band.

docharty = overrated druggie

although i don't think his live 8 performance was as bad as everyone has been saying, i don't really see the fuss

1stepcloser said:
i can't stand the libertines (pete's old band) and my mates love them. so i regularly engage in passionate U2/libertines arguments, slagging off each others favourite band.

docharty = overrated druggie

although i don't think his live 8 performance was as bad as everyone has been saying, i don't really see the fuss

sorry, but if you don't think that performance was that bad, you don't have high expectations of performers, even elton john seemed to be squirming with embarrassment, seeing some young "star" more famous for taking drugs than anything else, absolutely slaughtering a classic T-Rex song, if I never see that useless twat again it'll be too soon!!!

i think it's so interesting that the only thing many people can focus on is the fact that he's a drug user. it makes me wonder what would happen if pete suddenly died of a drug overdose. would he then become another artist where everyone wistfully says "oh, he had such talent, he died so young..."

i'm not being sarcastic, i seriously wonder.

bonosgirl84 said:
i think it's so interesting that the only thing many people can focus on is the fact that he's a drug user. it makes me wonder what would happen if pete suddenly died of a drug overdose. would he then become another artist where everyone wistfully says "oh, he had such talent, he died so young..."

well i haven't been impressed by either of his bands so i for one wouldn't be coming out with that kind of remorseful statement.

i liked 'don't look back into the sun'. that was about it.

jimmmm said:

sorry, but if you don't think that performance was that bad, you don't have high expectations of performers, even elton john seemed to be squirming with embarrassment, seeing some young "star" more famous for taking drugs than anything else, absolutely slaughtering a classic T-Rex song, if I never see that useless twat again it'll be too soon!!!
[/QUOTE

yes but some people have been saying he 'ruined live 8'. that's ridiculous. to say that one below par performance brought the event down as a whole is stupid. when he walked off and the next act came on, his perfromance was at the back of my mind because i was excited to see the next act.

Part II....

11 July 2005
I DIDN'T PESTER PETE

WE couldn't believe a classy girl like Peaches Geldof would make a pass at Pete Doherty.

And now the 16-year-old has angrily denied his claims that she squeezed his bum and made suggestive comments to him at Live 8.

She said: "I was standing with my dad and my boyfriend of two years at the time. It is ridiculous to say I would make a pass at Pete in front of them.She said: "I was standing with my dad and my boyfriend of two years at the time. It is ridiculous to say I would make a pass at Pete in front of them.

"And how could I whisper over the noise of the band?"

Peaches revealed it was her sister Pixie, 14, who convinced their dad to include Pete in the Live 8 line-up.

Defending his shambolic performance, Pete has said: "Just before I went on stage Peaches squeezed my bum and whispered something rather suggestive to me.

"F****** Elton John is dueting with me and Bob Geldof's daughter has made a pass at me. It's all I can think about. I didn't think Bob would be very happy."

Well he won't be now, Pete.

bonosgirl84 said:

Did you know that at as young as 14 years old his poetry won 'adult' awards, and he was hand picked and flown to Russia to represent the British Arts Council at some young writers something?

He's got a serious talent, and a serious problem.

I think both the Libertines and Babyshambles are great :up: and I hope he's around for a long time and gives himself a chance.

Back
Top Bottom