Doha, Qatar Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Douglas is one of my middle names too.

I like it.
Do many people in Kiwiland have multiple middle names? My friend Chris (from Wellington) has three.

or maybe he's a nintendo fan? :hmm:
:lol: My friend Kyra's middle name is Zelda because her dad was a huge fan. Apparently he was actually playing the game when her mom announced that she was pregnant. It was almost her first name.

My middle name is Renée. For some reason all of my siblings and I ended up with French middle names. I don't think my parents planned it that way.

Just looking at that list, I haven't been on here at the same time as Gluey for months! How is she?

She seems busy but good. Were you aware of her battle against the "Bitch Principal" of her kids' former school? She posted yesterday with the good news that she won. :up:

:lol: My friend Kyra's middle name is Zelda because her dad was a huge fan. Apparently he was actually playing the game when her mom announced that she was pregnant. It was almost her first name.

Yeah, you would think that the name would be more popular because of the video game, but it's rare. I think it's actually pretty cool.

Do many people in Kiwiland have multiple middle names? My friend Chris (from Wellington) has three.

No, most people I knew only had one. I was meant to have three but my father vetoed the third - Mum and I both disagree and although I haven't changed my name by deed poll yet, I consider the originally intended third middle name to be part of my name. Plus I've added a fourth because I can.

The fuck. Apart from that smiley I never used another capital letter in the post.

If the fucking thread hadn't been inexplicably locked I'd report that as a problem.
:therethere:

i have to be honest, i don't remember whether or not it was like this back in the day. it seems to be implied it was like this back in the old days, and with my bad memory i have no clue.

No, most people I knew only had one. I was meant to have three but my father vetoed the third - Mum and I both disagree and although I haven't changed my name by deed poll yet, I consider the originally intended third middle name to be part of my name. Plus I've added a fourth because I can.
so go do the deed poll thing :tsk:

I always said that if I had a daughter, I'd name her Hanukkah (I guess that's the spelling I'd choose... though I'm told by a Jewish friend that there's no wrong way to spell it :lol:) Too bad I'm not having any kids.

Now there's an interesting conversation starter when you're trying to pick up....

Probably won't do it until my passports come up for renewal, so that'll be over five years away.
good idea. as someone who's had to change her name twice, i have to be honest and say it's a fucking pain. if only everyone worked off the same record so once you changed your name with the government, you'd automatically be issued a new license, credit cards, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom