Does anyone watch any pro-football other than NFL?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

u2popmofo

Blue Meth Addict
I saw some commercials for NFL-Europe on tv today and I remember seeing a bunch for Arena League a month or 2 back.

My question is, does anyone even watch those leagues? I've tried a few times, and foudn them to be terribly boring (just like the XFL was).

It's usually all the guys who cant hack it in the NFL anymore, will there or could there ever be another pro-football league that's worth watching????

Of course I occasionally watch the CFL.

I went to the Grey Cup when it was in Calgary... it was a spectacular game. The BC Lions one and The Guess Who performed...

St. Louis used to have an Arena football team, and I went to a couple games, and I have to say it was pretty cool. For the player introductions the lights were out, born to be wild came on, a couple walls of fireworks came shooting up, and they players came in riding in on motorcycles with cheerleaders on the back. Yeah it was gimmicky and cheesy, but it was still cool.

And the game itself is pretty exciting, you can score on any play really. There is no punting, the sidelines are like the boards in hockey, the field goal posts are really narrow with nets on the outside, so if you miss the other team catches it off the net and runs it back... So its a fun game that can give you your football fix during the summer.

and now a brief picture history of the great moments in XFL history...

vince2001.jpg

xfl3.jpg

cheer_team.jpg

image024.jpg

a_xflblimp_hi.jpg

Thank you Headache, thank you for bringing some posts to my crappy threads :up:

On a humorous note, I just found out that Utah has an Arena Football team.

I think I will try to get tickets. Maybe I will take a lady friend. Nothing impresses women more than taking them to half-rate sporting events for teams in leagues they've never even heard of.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom