Does anyone else watch British Comedies?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
What about Goodness Gracious Me? I have to be honest and say I never actually watched a whole episode but the bits I saw were good.

financeguy said:

Heavens. There is no way they would get away with that now. :ohmy:

Keep in mind, that where I live is rather behind the PC times (or was back in the I think early 90s it was?), and we will never pass up an opportunity to take the piss out of poms and their tv shows :D Besides, it was that little guy...what was his name on the show? He was virtually as camp as that anyway :up:

I have made Aardie tell me his password, so I can now roam the blue crack in disguise, and cause all the havoc I am truly capable of!:evil:

Perhaps 1 day I shall release 747, but i'm enjoying poking him with a stick at the moment!:evil:

Aardvark747 said:
I have made Aardie tell me his password

:lol: Made him tell you ?? I even know it ... it's NOT so-ooo difficult to figure out ...
His password is (doanythingforaposthere)
Does that sound familiar ?? :wink:

Originally posted by Aardvark747
Perhaps 1 day I shall release 747, but i'm enjoying poking him with a stick at the moment!:evil:

NO !! NO !! ... GET THE HECK OUTTA THERE 747 ... FIGHT BACK !!!! :scream:

MsMofoGone said:
NO !! NO !! ... GET THE HECK OUTTA THERE 747 ... FIGHT BACK !!!! :scream:

*Manages to burn thru the ropes around his hands on the fire, then scrambles onto his feet - rushes to the door, giving Palace Hero a whack over the head with his copy of 'U2 & I' (available at all good bookstores btw - IF u have a small fortune to spare)* :)

Aardvark747 said:

*Manages to burn thru the ropes around his hands on the fire, then scrambles onto his feet - rushes to the door

HURRAY !!! ... YOU'RE FREE !! :applaud:

giving Palace Hero a whack over the head with his copy of 'U2 & I'

Hopefully, you hit him hard enough to *knock him out* ... so he can't return and cause more chaos !! :wink:

(btw - IF u have a small fortune to spare)* :)

Sorry, the safe was recently broken into ... all my money was stolen, none left !! :sad:

Palace_Hero said:

shall I now monitor you for the next few months on Int. and jump down your throat everytime you make a post when the subject matter doesn't concern you?

:laugh: Are you kidding ?? You do that now !! :ohmy:
A good example is U2's album 'War' ... as you always criticize me
in past posts for the fact that I love it, even though you really hate it !! Enough said ... :|

MsMofoGone said:

:laugh: Are you kidding ?? You do that now !! :ohmy:
A good example is U2's album 'War' ... as you always criticize me
in past posts for the fact that I love it, even though you really hate it !! Enough said ... :|

I hate to say it, but you started it by disagreeing with my assessment of 'Drowning Man'. Plus I left any differences in that thread, you should do the same.

The Brit-coms that I enjoy are:

Are You Being Served?
Keeping Up Appearances
Coupling
Mr. Bean
Father Ted
Ab Fab
The Young Ones
Men Behaving Badly
The Office

I cannot stand Trailer Park Boys *not sure how this is a Brit-com (it was shown on BBC America), because isn't it filmed in Canada?* and cannot stand Little Britan.

Aside from the Brit-coms I am really into
Footballers Wives :shifty:.

MissVelvetDress_75 said:

Aside from the Brit-coms I am really into
Footballers Wives :shifty:.

I don't get why Footballers Wives is marketed as Footballers Wive$ in the US. Surely it should be Footbal£ers Wives or just left as it is. :huh:

Palace_Hero said:

I hate to say it, but you started it by disagreeing with my assessment of 'Drowning Man'. Plus I left any differences in that thread, you should do the same.

I was giving you an example to your previous post, (how you would jump down my throat everytime I make a post) that is why I mentioned U2's War album. As you have always disagreed with me on how good of an album it is. As for Drowning Man, where did I mention that song here ?? You brought it into this equasion, I mentioned the album War, not one of it's songs !! As for your earlier comment in this thread, you said how one of your friends has some sense in NOT turning over a new leaf (regarding the TV program Friends as they don't usually watch that show.) Well, your comment was implying that I have NO SENSE because I like that show !! Overall, I'd say you started something here in this thread since you replied to my post first and that post didn't even concern you !! But I'm now letting this matter go, as I have explained my reasons for my replies.

Last edited:

I'll turn everyone into breakfast cereals, if I must.....

HolyGrail189.jpg

:wink:

MsMofoGone said:

I was giving you an example to your previous post, (how you would jump down my throat everytime I make a post) that is why I mentioned U2's War album. As you have always disagreed with me on how good of an album it is. As for Drowning Man, where did I mention that song here ?? You brought it into this equasion, I mentioned the album War, not one of it's songs !! As for your earlier comment in this thread, you said how one of your friends has some sense in NOT turning over a new leaf (regarding the TV program Friends as they don't usually watch that show.) Well, your comment was implying that I have NO SENSE because I like that show !! Overall, I'd say you started something here in this thread since you replied to my post first and that post didn't even concern you !! But I'm now letting this matter go, as I have explained my reasons for my replies.

I'd say you're making something out of nothing, how you could take it that I honestly think anyone who watches Friends has no sense is just barmy. Yes I implied it, but common sense would determine it was tounge in cheek.

Americans and their subtle sense of humour. :up:

I never really understood that term, tongue in cheek.

I know what it means, essentially, but, how did it come to be?
Anyone know?

(off topic, I know)

I love Faulty Towers:lmao: when he beats his car with a tree:eeklaugh: does anyone know what I am talking about?:lmao:

Palace_Hero said:

I'd say you're making something out of nothing, how you could take it that I honestly think anyone who watches Friends has no sense is just barmy. Yes I implied it, but common sense would determine it was tounge in cheek.

Americans and their subtle sense of humour. :up:

Speaking of making something out of nothing ...
which part of "I'm now letting this matter go" did you NOT understand ?? :huh:

Back
Top Bottom