Does any American sporting team have a chant that doesn't begin "Let's go..."?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RA-D

War Child
Does any American sporting team have a chant that doesn't begin "Let's go..."?

every game I've been to in North America (albeit 90% baseball), throughout Chicago, New York, San Francisco and Toronto, every team seems to have the exact same chant: "Let's go [insert team moniker]"

sorry, there's no real purpose to this post.

I wasn't ready for it when I went to Yankee stadium. Unbearable and very high pitched. I like it when the chanting is competitive like at a football match (ie a real sport).
I don't know whether 'Let's Go' was more irritating than 'Aussie, Aussie, Aussie'. Debatable point that one.
Without being unkind I don't think Sport's fans elsewhere are quite as creative as the British although I'd give a big shout out to the Croatian football fans, they were an interesting and lively bunch.

tarquinsuperb said:
I like it when the chanting is competitive like at a football match (ie a real sport).

I agree with you completely. I think football is the best sport around. Who is your team? I'm a Oakland Raiders fan myself.....

Don't the Indiana Hoosiers fans chant "Whose Your Daddy?". Because WHOSE YOUR sounds identical to HOOSIERS...

Perhaps this was more frequent when Bobby Knight was still there kicking arses and taking names:wink:

Numb1075 said:
Don't the Indiana Hoosiers fans chant "Whose Your Daddy?". Because WHOSE YOUR sounds identical to HOOSIERS...

Perhaps this was more frequent when Bobby Knight was still there kicking arses and taking names:wink:

I thought this was the "Pedro" chant.

the mad hatter said:
the pittsburg penguins have a song..
come on get out
come on get in
you've not seen nothin' like
the mighty guins!
Which is of course just The Mighty Quinn (the Eskimo) with 1 word changed.

and the past few seasons, the tomahawk chop @ Braves games has been very week. They used to be passionate about their chop, but it's lost it's umph

Well, there's the "Halte-là, halte-là, les Canadiens sont là" chant for the Montreal Canadiens...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom