Dodji, Senegal Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I love journalism, especially when it's from the Age, who hate Connex as much as about 90% of Melbourne.

Connex's boss is blaming the train drivers' union for 80 per cent of the cancellations that have stricken Melbourne's rail system in recent days.

The rail operator's latest excuse for its failing network, made by executive chairman Jonathan Metcalfe, has prompted union calls for him to "be deported back to England".

Earlier this month, Mr Metcalfe blamed heat - rather than the union - for a string of Connex cancellations, describing 25 degrees as a "very hot day".

The Melbourne rail network has been plagued by mass cancellations in recent weeks, with at least 150 train services scrapped yesterday.

Railway lines buckled and train carriage air conditioners failed as the Connex system went into meltdown on a day of 43 degree-plus heat.

Already, 46 suburban services and 16 V/Line trains have been cancelled this morning.

My friend's facebook status:

Anonymous thinks that hell itself couldn't hold a candle to the bike path at 2pm today. MY CRUMPLER BAG STRAP MELTED.

Holy crap! :lmao:

I'm thinking of going out and seeing if I can get some good heat haze photos before heading into the city ...

I love journalism, especially when it's from the Age, who hate Connex as much as about 90% of Melbourne.

I love that he's blaming the unions. Heaven forbid the drivers knock out of service trains with faults.

Though the thing is, Connex actually aren't to blame for most of what's happened. Sure, the track should be able to handle this much better, but that's the Department of Transport's responsibility. Sure, the trains should have better air conditioning units, ones rated to function at temperatures above 35C, but the government is the one that owns the trains and it's the one that ordered them with such weak aircon.

Honestly, I think this meltdown is the end for the government. No way can they win in 2010 now.

Ah fuck, I accidentally left a bag of pita bread out overnight and it grew mould in the heat.

It's not the one with the railway down it. :tsk:

But it IS the greatest library ever, in the greatest city ever, across the street from what I can only assume is the greatest Irish Pub ever. I'll get you one of the railroad street in a sec.

:lol: Tré was at Studio 880 when he crashed his mini-motorcycle.

I'm loving this Google Maps thing a bit too much.

Next up, Christie Road! :hyper:

BAH! I wasn't paying attention and I missed it! The Cure are now my 4th most played artist. Peter Gabriel has been knocked to a lowly 5th. Watch out The Killers. Bobert's coming for you next.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom