Dodji, Senegal Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've never been to Young & Jackson's, but if that works for you, why not? I get the impression you kind of need to go there at least once if you spend your young twenties in Melbourne anyway.

Oh, hell yes. It's an awesome place to eat. :up:

Bit of a drive by on my lunch break:
1. Shocking story that, Ax,
2. aren't there places to eat in Fed Square (they can't all be flash restaurants?)
3. I am a walking zombie cos apparently it's hard to sleep when it's 34 degrees MINIMUM overnight. Anyone bitching about cold, I will gladly swap :yes:

:grumpy: OK off to lunch....

BEG, everywhere I've eaten at Fed Square has been stupidly overpriced for dumb small serves. I make a point of avoiding it now.

We at least got down to about 27 overnight here, which is when I went to sleep. Got woken by the heat though. More to the point, got woken by breathing in dry heat. NEED MOAR WATER and all that.

There's a few cafes (not restaurants) that might serve some cheaper meals or offerings. Try the one near TransporT bar, like walk across from Flinders Street Station and it's striaght ahead next to the 7/11.

Aww muthafucking eMusic!! I did not know that clicking that was going to restart my subscription! Fuck Fuck Fuck. I don't have any money in my bank account!

There's a few cafes (not restaurants) that might serve some cheaper meals or offerings. Try the one near TransporT bar, like walk across from Flinders Street Station and it's striaght ahead next to the 7/11.

Cool, thanks for the tip. :up:

Yeah, we just need some form of sustinence before the Triffids gig tonight. In this sort of weather, I'm happy with anywhere that has aircon and isn't charging ridiculous prices.

Yeah, we just need some form of sustinence before the Triffids gig tonight. In this sort of weather, I'm happy with anywhere that has aircon and isn't charging ridiculous prices.

As long as we spend below, say $20 for dinner, I'm happy.

SF/Oakland: Rarely gets above 80, hardly ever dips below 50.

That's 27 and 10 for you metric folk.

I'd take being cold over being hot every time. There's always more clothing you can put on, but you are limited by how much you can take OFF.

And heat is just made all the worse when the sun is fucking beating down on you. Hey, hole in the ozone layer? Go bug the hemisphere that caused you rather than this one!

And heat is just made all the worse when the sun is fucking beating down on you. Hey, hole in the ozone layer? Go bug the hemisphere that caused you rather than this one!

Obviously the ozone layer knows you all did something wrong. You're being justly punished.

Hey, it gets hot, humid and sticky as hell up here.
We have both extremes, so both summer and winter can fuck off in my book.

Obviously the ozone layer knows you all did something wrong. You're being justly punished.

Well, I can understand it punishing Australia, but what did New Zealand and Antarctica do? :grumpy:

And having experienced 37+ C temperatures in North America, while they're comparable in the shade to temperatures down here, the hole in the ozone layer makes them incomparable in direct sunlight. It feels more intense here.

Scorching temps, evil demon spiders, evil koalas...

Do I still want to go to Australia?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom