Dodji, Senegal Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Kids gotta have boundaries. Can't let them near dark bass lines. They need to be jolly! JOLLY! Like the jolly ol' Gallaghers who are always uplifting and merry!

Why can't our children participate in good, uncorrupted activities such as knocking their brother's front teeth out and throwing empty bottles of liquor at passer bys? What is happening to our tradition?!

Why can't our children participate in good, uncorrupted activities such as knocking their brother's front teeth out and throwing empty bottles of liquor at passer bys? What is happening to our tradition?!

America is taking over our tradition. I'm going to move to a country like New Zealand. I bet there's no grunge or hiphop there! Britain's going down the tubes.

Time to pack my bags. G'night! :wave:

Hey guys, wasn't intending to come in, but then I realised I kinda have a concert to attend tomorrow (today) and have no idea about what we're doing. Ax?

Oh, trust you to show up just when I'm leaving, U-Wen! Lucky I refreshed. Want to do dinner in the city before the gig?

Oh, trust you to show up just when I'm leaving, U-Wen! Lucky I refreshed. Want to do dinner in the city before the gig?

Yeah, I was thinking that might be a good idea. When and where?

(I did send you a text message, but you seem not to have gotten it?)

Yeah, I was thinking that might be a good idea. When and where?

(I did send you a text message, but you seem not to have gotten it?)

Somewhere nice and air conditioned! Are you coming in by car or train? (Let me recommend the car, given how the rail network is going into meltdown!)

Oh, shit, I turned my phone off while I was at the hospital today having a post-operation check-up and forgot to turn it back on.

Somewhere nice and air conditioned! Are you coming in by car or train? (Let me recommend the car, given how the rail network is going into meltdown!)

Oh, shit, I turned my phone off while I was at the hospital today having a post-operation check-up and forgot to turn it back on.

Yeah, I'm definitely driving in, just need to have an idea of what time for whatever purposes.

Yeah, I'm definitely driving in, just need to have an idea of what time for whatever purposes.

Tickets say doors are at 8pm, so maybe meet for dinner at 6? Any idea where you might park the car? If you've some idea, then it might just be a good move to eat near there.

I did, although it wasn't wine - it was lambic beer, that is Belgian ale fermented with fruit (usually cherry or grape) and thus needs a cork - it was rather nice. :)

How are you?

ah, my mistake. Sounds awesome though.

Slept funny and so my neck hurts. Otherwise, can't complain.

Tickets say doors are at 8pm, so maybe meet for dinner at 6? Any idea where you might park the car? If you've some idea, then it might just be a good move to eat near there.

No idea, I'll try to be close by in the city somewhere. I'm planning to park close to the Arts Centre, maybe near the Shrine of Remembrance or something. I guess we can work all that out tomorrow, as long as I know now to be in the city by 6. :up:

No idea, I'll try to be close by in the city somewhere. I'm planning to park close to the Arts Centre, maybe near the Shrine of Remembrance or something. I guess we can work all that out tomorrow, as long as I know now to be in the city by 6. :up:

I would suggest going to eat somewhere around Crown/Southbank area since it's airconditioned and near both the Arts Centre and my tram line, but it's so stupidly overpriced, by and large.

Though in 43C weather, I'm willing to pay a bit more for convenience and aircon.

I would suggest going to eat somewhere around Crown/Southbank area since it's airconditioned and near both the Arts Centre and my tram line, but it's so stupidly overpriced, by and large.

Though in 43C weather, I'm willing to pay a bit more for convenience and aircon.

We'll see, I'm pretty broke at the moment unfortunately and I don't get paid until next month (stupid monthly wages...)

We'll see, I'm pretty broke at the moment unfortunately and I don't get paid until next month (stupid monthly wages...)

Unfortunately, I don't know that part of the city well ... my tram route goes to the Domain Road Interchange near the Shrine, but that's about it. We could just aim to meet in the city, like Melbourne Central or whatever, and make our way back down to the Arts Centre? I mean, it's safe to say there's cheap food there.

Good food, on the other hand ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom