Dodji, Senegal Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've got a Church ticket from a show that I missed cos I went into hospital a couple of years ago. Reptile got Steve and Marty to sign it for me. I've got it in my purse wherever I go :heart:

I keep meaning to get more into The Church and never do ... I've enjoyed what I've heard. I guess I'm just lazy.

Triffids??? Who's in the band, Steve Kilbey? That should make Indra happy :wink:

Yeah, Kilbey sings a few songs, including Wide Open Road. indra's already insisted that I post a review of the show. :laugh:

My SK radar just went off! "Someone somewhere in the world is talking about Killer -- I gotta check it out!" :lol:

Wide Open Road, Loney Stretch, Field of Glass, Stolen Property, and Property id Condemned are the ones he did over the four shows at the Sydney Festival last year, but I'm guessing he'll only do three in Melbourne. Over the three days in Perth he might do all of them. :)

I've got a Church ticket from a show that I missed cos I went into hospital a couple of years ago. Reptile got Steve and Marty to sign it for me. I've got it in my purse wherever I go :heart:

You went to the hospital instead of going to see the Church? Where are your priorities? :tsk: :angry:

:wink:

:hug:

Good luck surviving the heat, BEG. :wave:

My SK radar just went off! "Someone somewhere in the world is talking about Killer -- I gotta check it out!" :lol:

Wide Open Road, Loney Stretch, Field of Glass, Stolen Property, and Property id Condemned are the ones he did over the four shows at the Sydney Festival last year, but I'm guessing he'll only do three in Melbourne. Over the three days in Perth he might do all of them. :)

Hahaha, why am I not shocked you showed up!

Ooh, Stolen Property? I hope that's one of the tracks they choose to do here tomorrow, as that's recently become a favourite Triffids track of mine. I'm taking Wide Open Road as a given.

I'd say that I'd write down the band's set, but I don't know the Triffids' discography that well and I know there will be things I won't recognise.

I'm just sad I wasn't around when the thread happened.

See you later! :wave:

Hahaha, why am I not shocked you showed up!

Ooh, Stolen Property? I hope that's one of the tracks they choose to do here tomorrow, as that's recently become a favourite Triffids track of mine. I'm taking Wide Open Road as a given.

I'd say that I'd write down the band's set, but I don't know the Triffids' discography that well and I know there will be things I won't recognise.

I was just about to go to bed and decided to give IF one more look when I noticed BEG had posted here. Well that and my radar. :D

Steve has a very different voice and way of singing than McComb, so it kind of hard for him (totally lost his voice during the Sydney Festival), but he really loves the songs and has really worked to do them justice. I think he does Stolen Property pretty well -- I heard a bootleg of it from the Sydney Fest gigs and even though his voice was cracking, it was really intense. I know a lot of Triffids fans who aren't Church fans were surprised and impressed by the passion he put into the performances. With any luck the magic will be in Melbourne too.

:)

I did read that thread. Comedy gold :applaud: Banned people, don'tcha love'em!

That was a classic thread. One of my faves ever!

And now since it's nearly 7:30 am I really should get to bed. I don't know where the hell the night goes....

I was just about to go to bed and decided to give IF one more look when I noticed BEG had posted here. Well that and my radar. :D

Steve has a very different voice and way of singing than McComb, so it kind of hard for him (totally lost his voice during the Sydney Festival), but he really loves the songs and has really worked to do them justice. I think he does Stolen Property pretty well -- I heard a bootleg of it from the Sydney Fest gigs and even though his voice was cracking, it was really intense. I know a lot of Triffids fans who aren't Church fans were surprised and impressed by the passion he put into the performances. With any luck the magic will be in Melbourne too.

:)

Going to bed ... :glances at your local time: ... after 7am? Damn, that's even worse than me.

Ahh, right. I'm really looking forward to the show; sounds like it should be quite awesome. Thank god it's not an outdoor event!

I don't know where to begin. It was just epic.

Alright, I'll begin with the lightning. That's basically the long and the short of it. We drove through a full on lightning storm, in the dark, with rain battering the car in the worst of it. Branches and tumbleweeds flew in front of us. Flash and fork lightning was just all over the place, right and left, we were in the middle of it in one stage, and it was incredibly active. Imagine 100km of that. Thank god it was my brother driving.

Oh man, that sort of thing is exciting and terrifying all at the same time. When I was in Queensland, we were driving through the Hinterland back to the Gold Coast one day when we got caught in one hell of a storm. Coming down a twisted mountain road with almost no visibility and lightning everywhere was quite the experience.

Oh man, that sort of thing is exciting and terrifying all at the same time. When I was in Queensland, we were driving through the Hinterland back to the Gold Coast one day when we got caught in one hell of a storm. Coming down a twisted mountain road with almost no visibility and lightning everywhere was quite the experience.

Hinterland. :love:

I have to say, that would be amazing, in an ohmygodi'mdefinitelygoingtodie sort of way. I got that pretty much every time it was particularly wild and there was a truck coming past us.

Also, apparently today it would have been 50 degrees if you weren't in the shade in Adelaide. Well shit.

Plus they all doing knife crimes and school shootings. I ain't EVER going to let my kids listen to American music!

Kids gotta have boundaries. Can't let them near dark bass lines. They need to be jolly! JOLLY! Like the jolly ol' Gallaghers who are always uplifting and merry!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom