Doctor Who

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I just saw pictures on GMTV of him from the BAFTAs ceremony - in a kilt and with a full beard :love:

He's such a cutie. I want to wrap him up and take him home :cute:

EDIT: found a pic

davidt.jpg

Last edited:
^ :cute: Not so sure about the beard but :love: the kilt. :drool: I really want Billie's dress as well.

I love your sig by the way beau2ifulday :lmao:

Oh god David at the Baftas *squeal* :heart:

I really don't like the beard altho' maybe he has it for playing a role :hmm: I did however LOVE the kilt get-up - helllooooo!!!

But it was so brill to see him there and to make it even better - my other fav Scotsman was there too, Rob Carlyle :love:

Billie looked lovely as ever! :cute:

Oh it's good to have another Tennant lover in here btw! :wink:

Cybermen! :ohmy:

It was great to see the guy from Only Fools.. playing an evil character. :evil:

....ooh and Mr Tennant was looking rather lovely in the dinner jacket too! :wink:

:ohmy: Scary cyber-men :yikes: :uhoh:

But wasn't David looking delectable in the suit&dickie bow :drool:

:ohmy: I didn't rfead what you'd written until i posted my own comment&you've almost said the same thing! :wink:

It was good when i found out Roger Lloyd pack on it but i spotted the guy who used to be in Rising Damp too way back in the 70's!

Yeah - I recognised that guy also - his name is Don Warrington according to my mum! I think I have seen him in a few things on TV, but I actually have never made the connection.

Yes my friend told me that he was in New street law with John Hannah :wink:

I was amused (in the way that a Harry Potter/Doctor Who nerd can be) by the fact that in the HP film, Roger Lloyd Pack is good and Tennant is bad, but it was the other way round in the episode.

:nerd:

I found last week's kind of boring, so this was a good pick up!

I thought this week was so much better. Not least because it was a two parter so they didn't rush through things so much. This episode was notable because for only the second time in my life I was actually able to watch Don Warrington without wanting to switch over* :happy:

I have a question though. In the first series wasn't it set in Cardiff rather than London? Or was that just me who thought that? London. Cardiff. Easy mistake to make. :wink:

* The first time for those of you interested was a Red Dwarf episode called 'Holoship'. Watching the ITV repeats of Rising Damp have convinced me however that he can't act. He just portrays his real life persona (if Grumpy Old men is anything to go by) over and over again.

I noticed Tennant shrieked at Rose's boyfriend in this episode ;)

The Doctor looked like he was going to attack him:cool:

It's clearly going to happen, but I don't like the idea of Rose and the Doctor getting together or having any sort of 'intimate moment' :angry:

and it's not because I'm jealous, either. I just don't want to see the show go down that route :shrug:

"Union jack? Union jack?! It's a union flag! It's only a union jack when flown on a ship!"
"Only an idiot hangs a union flag upside down"

:bow: Girl after my own heart. ;)

That man with all the symbol thingies on his face last night was scary:sad:

:wink:

I was surprisingly not very impressed with The Idiot's Lantern last week, seeing as how it was written by the same guy who gave us the first truly great New Who episide in The Unquiet Dead. It wasn't bad, mind you, but just not anything fantastic. What's really bugging me is that so many of these stories could really do with an extra 20 minutes or so, as they rush way too quickly through everything (damned MTV generation!). Granted the old Who 6-parters had a lot of filler at times, but at least they were able to tell a full story.

Anyway, I was equally surprised at how good The Impossible Planet was. Pretty fresh for what is really just another in a long line of Who "base under seige" stories. One thing I'll point out though is that the funny moments in this ep, of which there are many, seem totally inappropriate at times considering what's going on. They are really riding that line and are falling over into too-cheeky at times. My major complaint about "Season Two" is that the Doc and Rose seem to be gallavanting around rolling their eyes at everything until the situation is dire. Sure Tom Baker had that kind of attitude, but when two people are doing it there's just something negative about it.

Can't wait for next week.

Back
Top Bottom