Do your pets do weird things?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cell

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
My older cat, Halle likes to take Q-Tips from my mom's bathroom counter and sit on them, as if "hatching" them. Not only does she do this on a daily basis, she has taught my other cat Shilo this ritual. Also, Shilo will eat her food from her bowl, and then take the corner of the rug, and cover her bowl with it. No one has taught her this. the things they do make me:laugh:

My cat is licking my feet right now...sometimes she does it even when I'm wearing socks. :huh:

She also always licks the monitor, the keyboard, the mouse, remote controls, and phones. :huh: :coocoo:

My parakeet has a companion, a plastic penguin, which he takes around with him, we have to remove the penguin from the cage when we let the bird out, and he won't go back in without him. He also will on occasion mate with the penguin, and also will feed it (which is disgusting).
The question is, if he humps it, he must see it as a mate, and if he feeds it, he must see it as a child, so was this parakeet breeded by the people from "Deliverance"?

:lol: My cute doggy just eats his food when he can sit on a small carpet and takes every little bit of his meat out of the bowl, lays it in front of him, observes it for a while, and eats it.....and he likes doing brake dance :dance: on my parents' living room carpet when he was just bathed! :lmao:

My big cat, Mudslide, likes to grab the magnets off of the refrigerator and then bat them around the kitchen. He likes to pick the ones that are near the top of the refrigerator, so he sits on the floor and contemplates which one he wants and then he jumps really high and grabs the one he wants. It's real cute to watch. However, now every cute magnet I have acquired has a chip somewhere on it.

My little cat, Earthquake, likes to pounce on people as they come down the stairs. He thinks we can't see him simply because he hides his head. He doesn't understand that just because he can't see *us*, we can still see him.

Cats are great!

Another One I Remembered...

My sister's cat is really fat and lazy, so she often lays next to her food and water dishes when she's hungry or thirsty. For food, she reaches her paw in and pulls out a few pieces so that they fall on the floor in front of her (she just pulls them up along the inside side of the bowl), so she can eat while lying down. For water, she dips her paw into the bowl and that just licks her paw. :D

Re: Another One I Remembered...

Bonochick said:
My sister's cat is really fat and lazy, so she often lays next to her food and water dishes when she's hungry or thirsty. For food, she reaches her paw in and pulls out a few pieces so that they fall on the floor in front of her (she just pulls them up along the inside side of the bowl), so she can eat while lying down. For water, she dips her paw into the bowl and that just licks her paw. :D
:ohmy: THAT is lazy, dood! :lol:

When I pick up sasha like a baby with her belly showing, I try to kiss her face and she pushes my face away with her paws.

I am going to miss Sasha.. she's sick and probly wont live much longer.

Last week, my cat ate an entire 2-foot-long shoestring that had popped off a rolled up sleeping bag. (We didn't see her do it or anything...) Luckily my husband was home when she started frothing at the mouth and trying to cough it back up. He had to help her...let's just say that. After a trip to the vet, she is now fine. Still :coocoo: , but fine.

My old Collie (King) used to go poke the neighbour's cat's belly with his long snout, and get scratched every time. He was like those dumb lab rats that never learned, lol. I still miss him a lot.

My puppy Collie (Samson) likes to catch flies. He is absolutely remarkable at it - he corners the fly, then catches it. The concentration in his eyes is really something.

Animal antics....heartwarming :) always

I was given a year old chihuahua cross. The first day I bought him home, he took the dog kibble form his bowl, one by one and we thought where is he off to? he vants to be alone? he was off to THE COUCH!!! where else do royal chis's eat their meal, biscuit by biscuit? Would you like some dinner music too? He was soon broken of that habit. He would be a wonderful companion dog for a deaf person. He really reacts when the telephone rings and does not settle until someone answers it.Beautiful dog.

My big fella, With Great Gusto, the rotty-shepherd cross, is literally on his last legs too. Hip dysplasia. He was born 3rd Sept 1996, such a faithful dog, a watch dog, he can 'watch" me work for hours. He has this penchant for putting on leather jackets and blue sunglasses and impersonating famous rock stars, very embarrassing.

Actually, relating to my signature,...Gusto loves to sit on the sun lounge and watch me work in the garden..got the life:DI said "hey buster you'll get sunburned there" and popped my work hat on him. There it was, again!!...that uncanny resemblance ..teehee. It was even funnier when i got the Rolling Stone mag that week and read that Bono had been holdaying in Bali.....a papparazzi shot, "Gustovox at a Balinese Resort" I'll be stopping with the Gustovox pics soon:D..he's been like a son, no a dear friend, to me.

Oh and because of the dry weather, i have had a bandicoot waking me up at midnight trying to eat my poor solitary hen lately. That is very very strange behaviour.
I so love animals, some of your companions have terrific names. Please keep this thread going .

Attachments

• gustovox2001 003.jpg
    gustovox2001 003.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 22
another thing that happened recently is that shilo took one of my hearing aids, and hid it really good and it took me almost 2 months to find it:angry: and she's not the only one who's done that. my ex's cat Psyko, did the same thing, and even my other cat Junior had taken my hearing aid too. i don't know what it is with my hearing aids that cats find fascinating.:tsk:

Sicy, I'm so sorry to hear about Sasha:sad: :hug:

I live on a farm, with a lot of pets. I swear, they are all insane. :huh:

Let's see.. my dog Zero likes to rip open garbage bags and eat kleenex, Q-tips, and rip labels off cat food cans. My cat Thumbelina enjoys coming up behind me and trying to eat my hair. My cats Hojo and Figment jump on my back and just hang on my shoulders, and never intend to get off. My dog Tiberious will only eat out of his pink bowl. My dog Cody (a girl, a stray we took in, who already had the name), when she had puppies (not our decision, lol), counted each pup when she came in the room with her nose. My cat Selena insists on washing you. My cat Fuzzy (what an uncreative name..) will only eat dog food. My aunt's cat, Luna, will run and hide from you, unless you lock her in a room with you, then she'll absolutely demand attention.

:coocoo:

He's not my pet, but my dog's best friend Chester (we call him her boyfriend), when he gets really excited, will jump up in the air and do a full 360 degree turn while airborn. We call it the happy dance - he'll do it on command, too. He also goes crazy over laser pointers - even more so than our cats. He'll try and eat the dot and will run all over the place trying to catch it, all while our dog Sunny just sits there wondering what the hell is so exciting.

Diemen said:
He's not my pet, but my dog's best friend Chester
I'm a fool, a street chester, the hero of society.....erhm......go on.....too many early U2 :rolleyes:

well, my parrakeet speaks, he says "My name is Lucas" "Beatriz, Jorge" (jorge is my brother) "Que pa que pa que paaaaassaaaa" "Hala Madrid" and he's going to say "U2" quickly...:)

But he says that imitating my father's voice, but he's so small, so he scares me...:huh:

My cat, Romeo, has a number of interesting...uh... talents.

He plays fetch like a dog with the little plastic things your tear off the milk jug. H

He does backflips.

When I'm putting on my makeup in the morning, he jumps onto the counter, paws at his reflection and sings to it. No, really, ask Diemen. He sings.

He can play tag. When he wants to play, he'll jump out of nowhere and bite my leg and run away. Then he won't come out til I find him and grab his tail and run away.... he chases me and so on and so forth.

When he gets spooked, he puffs up to three times his size, and rears up like a horse. I call it his spooky dance.

I swear this cat has more personality than most people I know. I attached his pic.:

Attachments

• the beast.jpg
    the beast.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 27
Crazy critters...

Sorry about Sasha, Sicy.

My dog barks at rocks and my cat just plain barks at anything. They like each other's food, too. :coocoo:

When I ask my dog if he would like a bath?

He goes behind the couch and stays there for a long time.

My neighbor's cat head butts doors until they open.

lol This is a good thread.

Our conure (a parrot like bird), Griff, has a lot of baby toys in her cage to keep her company. Well...she really *really* likes her rattle. She manages to "get it on" with the rattle....which I suppose isn't so bad (yeah right) but she also grunts when she does it. :coocoo: :lmao: But on a less disgusting note, my sister's Siamese cat, Sassy, is a healing cat. :) If you're sick or in pain, she will come and lay with you or lay on or near the part of you that is in pain. Very sweet. But she's picky about breakfast time. If my mother doesn't wake up when her alarm goes off, Sassy meows this really really long drawn out meow, it sounds like pulling a cat tail across a violin. Its so funny. :)

I could go on, but we have a lot of different animals. Some that probably shouldn't be considered pets, but hey? lol We have chickens, banty chickens, peacocks, pygmy goats...oh and a dog. :)

Sorry to hear about sasha sicy :( so sad.

My animals are all nutbags. Zoe the hymalayan is a nut. She has a real problem with tables and benches. She always jumps up on things with the shits and has to clear everything off. She starts at one end and sweeps it all off til its clear. She tries to sleep next to your head, she thinks she can share the pillow and she will get her big soft fat paws and pat your face. She also gives Zoe kisses. She sleeps on her back right in the middle of the hallway and other inconvenient areas and wont move. She has a terrible habit of following people into the toilet. She tries to get into the shower with you if you leave the door ajar.

Abby the skanky chinchilla is worse. She is an absolute hussy. She spends all day just making this 'ming' kind of noise and rubs herself all over everything and everyone. The other 2 cats cop it and so does the dog. Absolute tart. She loves dripping water. Best way to keep her occupied for hours is to stick her under a dripping tap. She hunts flies and catches them Karate Kid style with her 2 front paws. She loves to sit on your shoulders and will spread out like a shawl if you sit still enough.

Angus the dog does too many weird things to list here and the other cat matty is just old and senile and doesnt do any more tricks. Although when he was young he used to love fighting dogs and approached them most of the time to start it too.

Back
Top Bottom