do you sneak drinks/snacks into the movies?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

well do you?

• no! that's illegal! they'll lock you up if they catch you!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • yes, all the time...otherwise i couldn't afford to go to the movies

Votes: 13 76.5%
  • i want popcorn, popcorn, popcorn!!!

Votes: 4 23.5%

• Total voters

ABEL

An Angel In Devil's Shoes
i snuck my own drink into the movie theater on saturday. :ohmy: :silent:

do you?

Last edited:
i always do :eek: especially if i'm taking the kids, 3 kids plus me, at say ?4 per ticket is loads of money and if they want sweets and crap each thats like, erm... well loads of money. :|

in ODEON cinemas here, a small popcorn is like ?2.99 and a bag of malteasers or such is ?1.65 :eek: a small drink is about ?1.70, its a total rip off.

i usually sneak in some sweets for them and a bottle of water for them to share (cos if they have 1 each they'll need the toilet every 5 mins...) and buy them a popcorn to share...

I used to have a boyfriend who stuck 3 beers in my purse before each show :shifty:

The theater's drinks are waaaay overpriced, at mine, the same large soda with ice that goes for 99 cents at the gas station and $1.25 at the Burger King is 4 fucking dollars!! And it's watered down!! Their popcorn has priced me out of interest as well. But I don't sneak things in, because once when I was in a movie I saw a guy busted by an usher and thrown out without a refund for sneaking in a cookie!

Heck yeah!

Women have it easier because we can take big purses in. I've also already taped stuff to my legs under my jeans, when I had no coat or purse.

lol, absolutely! There's no way I'm paying ?2.99 for a packet of Jelly Babies that cost ?1.25 anywhere else.

One of my friends got caught trying to take pizza into the cinema once...it was hilarious hearing him insist that he wasn't going to eat it and he'd just been to a pizza restaurant and was taking the leftovers home. Sad thing is, it was actually true!

daisy and i do sneak full course meals in most of the time. we have a system set up and we'll be doing this today as well:

she's very fond of chinese food, so we'll go to teriyaki palace, get 2 chicken bowls with chow mein noodles (with chopsticks!), and two bottles of pepsi. the purse i have i ended up buying for this very reason. i would put the drinks on each side of my purse, and then put the bag of food in the center. i would zip my purse up, then kinda hide it behind my back, keep my wallet out or on the side of my purse for easy access. buy tickets...give to usher, he doesnt suspect a thing, go sit down in theater, and then we eat:D

No. I used to work at the theatre so usually I get everything (including tickets and food) for free from friends who still work there. :wink:

I went to the movies yesterday:hyper:
:sad: :drool: :heart: :applaud:

when the boys were younger, I'd BYO snacks...too expensive otherwise.
when I go with my girlfriends to see a movie, we usually sneak in a tipple of some description(we don't get out much, it's a cause for celebration) I am always worried the usher will smell the bourbon when we open the cans...they are naughty those g'friends of mine:D:hug:(so leeloo's story made me feel less...less...less of a desperado)
Now my boys are older they don't want food at the movies.

Bummer!....
I had this powerful craving for a choc-top yesterday, and no-one else did.

EGAD!! :faint: they showed a preview of "troy" before ROTK came on yesterday :drool: I'm looking forward to that movie.

I am afraid to sneak but I don't buy their outrageously priced junk. So I just watch movies with no treats. Theaters are very picky about outside food because they make a great deal of their profits off of ripping you off on drinks and snacks. At the concert ampitheather here they have bouncers and they will search you and oust you for bringing in your own stuff. But people stuff little kid's backpacks with lunch and usually the bouncers don't search the kids, even though it's pretty obvious what's going on.

Last edited:
:hug:(......???:laugh:

woops
they don't make me :(
they make me want to:hug: them

munch away**rustle rustle**

I wouldn't say it's illegal, but if you look around, most theaters have a 'policy' of no outside food allowed....

I used to do it because I was cheap, now it's because they rarely have any low-carb options :shrug:

I never buy their food, 3.50 for a small soda is ridiculous. If I want to eat/drink something I bring it myself, sometimes I'm full and don't want anything anyways. I don't think the movie theaters near my house really care all that much anyways, just as long as you don't like walk in with a soda or bag of popcorn in your hand.

I sneak stuff in all the time. I have a special purse for it :shifty: My uncle has snuck in drinks under his skullcap :lol: And my grandma has snuck in everything from hot dogs to pies. :der:

yeah, i usually sneak in some m+ms, because i'd rather buy the smallish bag for 33 cents or even a big bag for like a buck instead of that same size big bag for $3.50. but i buy their popcorn and coke.

chocolate and popcorn is the perfect combo...but i don't like chocolate covered popcorn. :shrug: i guess because the popcorn needs to be hot otherwise it's not the same.

Back
Top Bottom