Do you prefer to hang out with men or women?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Naya

Refugee
Yeah I'm bored.

If you're a woman, do you prefer to hang out with men rather than women? Do you have more male friends than female friends?

If you're a man, do you prefer to hang out with women rather than men?

If so, why?

I prefer to hang out with men. Don't get me wrong, I have wonderful female friends, but, overall, it's always more fun to hang out with guys. Also at work I mostly talk to guys, I find them funnier and less stuck up than girls.
icon38.gif

interesting question, naya!
biggrin.gif

i think i have an equal amount of girl and guy friends. i think each gender can contribute something different to a friendship that the other can't. i might have more girl friends though.

------------------
you're a precious stone you're out on your own, you know everyone in the world but you feel alone...
ME! all day, every day!
"...a poptart in pants..." -- elizabeth

[This message has been edited by KhanadaRhodes (edited 02-19-2002).]

I definatly have more guy friends.

I just get along better with them.

Women are catty, jealous, two-faced, and back-stabbish.

Hahaha Sicy, yeah I prefer blokes too. Although every now and then I feel like intelligent conversation and need a female friend around. My company is usually mixed though.

Blokes

With girls its 'has my make-up/mascara run?' at the end of a night-out, and 'does my butt look big in this?' or 'are you sure this is me?' - even at 11pm on a wicked night out - jeeshus, u supposed to be enjoying the moment, and enjoyin urself...

with blokes u can twist them round ur finger............
tongue.gif

naaaaah, blokes are better..........I would love to go out for a night with 16 males..........I once was the only girl in our company to have the balls to go Paintballing with 15 lads from our company......................
smile.gif

Back home, probably 90% of my friends were females. After I graduated high school, I had to move here, and now most of my friends are males...it just worked out that way...not sure why. I miss havin' some females to hang around with though. I think I get along with both genders fairly equal.

------------------
"Hallelujah, Heaven's white rose,
The doors you open...I just can't close..."

I have a lot of male friends, some of whom are my best friends in the world. The thing about men is that they seem more approachable than women in general, maybe due to flirty undertones, or maybe they are just more easy going. I do tend to be way more self conscious around women that's for sure.

I remember when I was working at the Ballet, and on tour I always hung out with the men, and almost all the women ignored me COMPLETELY (maybe I wasn't thin enough!). One night, we were out at a pub, and there I was, the only woman with a circle of about 8-10 GORGEOUS male dancers around me, buying me drinks and entertaining me. I felt like Scarlett O'Hara having BBQ at 12 Oaks!

That said, I have one or two really good female non-U2 friends, and since coming to Interference, my female friend quotient has risen about 300%! The women I have met on here are really the most supportive, sweet, genuine, funny and talented group of female friends I have ever had the pleasure of meeting, and I am positive the friendships will last indefinitely! I feel truly blessed to have discovered this place.

And now, before this ramble gets too maudlin, I will now shut up!
biggrin.gif

My best friend is a guy...but I guess husbands don't count
smile.gif

When I was younger I would hang out with guys. Most of the girls misunderstood this..they thought I was a flirt or something. I was not. I didn't like talking about what the girls talked about. I didn't dream of my wedding or having kids and absolutely did not want to talk make-up and hair. I liked boys but I was the type.."if I have a boyfriend fine...if I don't have a boyfriend..fine" I just couldn't get into the girlie girl scene. Nothing wrong with it...its just not me. However over the course of my life I have found women friends who were like me..we talk U2 and politics and good books...some sports...etc...etc...things that are important to us...

So its worked out...

dream wanderer

yeah, what sicy said too. i only have a few friends that are female and most of them are all here at interference.

------------------
lilsparky: did you like the pics i took of my favorite band?
viktor: actually had a dream about larry mullen last night...not a gay dream but a weird dream.....
lilsparky: really?
lilsparky: what was it about?
viktor: yeah...we were going to a party and all my high school friends walked along him and then Bono rushed out and said something weird and that guy from the pouges...shane mac Gowan came and we all showered in sugar
viktor: weird

I prefer hangin around with my chicky friends, simply put, they make for better conversation, and theyre much nicer to look at (no offense skeeker, guywiththestuff, or bloodied), plus I dunno... they listen to me, and they at least feign interest rather than ignore me completely... S'all good...

That is maybe 30% true. But I prefer cleaning my dogs to cleaning the toilet. I would prefer cleaning a toilet that has no people in it to one with people in it. As for hanging out with dogs, I don't have preference for male or bitches.

yarof

[This message has been edited by foray (edited 02-20-2002).]

i hang around with people that i like.

i guess there are more girls than guys. that's partly 'cause my girlfriend has a lot of girlfriends, i have a lot of girl and guy freinds but i never really think about it.

Originally posted by kobayashi:
i hang around with people that i like.

I never really thought about it before, but I guess most of my friends are females.

I seem to get along a lot more with guys for some reason... although I have a lot of friends that are both. I think it's mainly because I watch a lot of sports! Sometimes girl friends are a little too high maintenance at times!

------------------
Holy Jesus, Holy rock and roll...

Originally posted by She ls Raging:
I seem to get along a lot more with guys for some reason... although I have a lot of friends that are both. I think it's mainly because I watch a lot of sports! Sometimes girl friends are a little too high maintenance at times!

me 2 apart from the sports bit...girl friends cry, moan and complain too much except me
biggrin.gif

Well, my best friend is a lass; which is frustrating at time because I really really really like her. But I suck it up 'cause she really is the most amazing funny enjoyable person on earth.

My dogs, good ol' faithful beagels are great friends!! Always so friendly and happy to see me!!

------------------
"Here it is, revenge to the tune;
your no good.
your no good, your no good, your no good
Can't you tell, it's well understood?"
Elliott Smith - Waltz#2

Oooh, sorry to generalise Pub! I know not all males are hard to talk with, just last night I weas having this fascinating conversation, well more argument over the riches of the catholic church, and as it was obviously going nowhere, it ended up in a water fight.
Ok, fair enough we were drunk and it was about 3am, but he started it!!!

lol

Wow
Some of you girls are hard on your gender. I think you're missing out ona great deal if you generalise females as bitchy and back stabbing. That's sad really.
I have a lot of female friends and none of us are like that together.
I've known plenty of girls who are those things but I'm not friends with them.
It all depends on what the type of people you hang out with are, not what's under their pants!

I think that was well said manda!

let me see, I would have to say that I have equal girl and guy friends... mostly due to the fact that my friends were initially mostly female, then they got boyfriends. Partly due to the fact that I work with a lot of males at work, and their friends come in, and friendships start that way.

I agree with Mrs. Edge about feeling more self conscious around females... there's a tendency to feel inadequate, and let's face it, the females end up battling/competing for the males' attention!
biggrin.gif
Now I know we wouldn't all admit to this, but the fact is we all like to feel noticed, so I won't hold it against any of ya... I have come to terms with my gender
wink.gif

In high school most of my friends were girls. Now that I'm in university however, I find that I have more guy friends. Go figure.

I find guys are great for having fun w/, helping out w/ homework, etc. But my 3 closest friends are girls. They may be a little high maintenance at times, but they understand me the best. 'Cause they've been there, done that.

<----- is a girl.
I think I get along better with guys...girls are just too stupid. At my school, anyway..
rolleyes.gif

------------------
"Being one can be great but respecting differences can be greater." - Bono in Belfast, 8/26/97

"Don't forget to fasten your condom.." -Steve Martin, Father of the Bride

u2er@u2email.com

Back
Top Bottom