Do you hunt for music at Goodwill, garage sales, etc.?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bono's shades

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
I do. :reject: Sometimes I end up pawing through a whole bunch of stuff like Paula Abdul, Barry Manilow, Hanson and Milli Vinnilli without finding anything I have the remotest interest in buying, but sometimes I find albums I want that are dirt-cheap. Of course there's always the chance the CD, tape or record won't play well, but most of the time they are in decent shape - especially if it's a CD or tape. (It's virtually impossible to get used vinyl that doesn't skip once in a while when you play it).

Here's some of the best stuff I've picked up at Goodwill, garage sales and consignment shops:

The Pretenders - Learning to Crawl (tape)
Bruce Springsteen - Greetings From Asbury Park (tape)
The Police - Ghost in the Machine (tape)
Talking Heads - Remain in Light (tape)
Crowded House - Crowded House (tape)
Crowded House - Temple of Low Men (tape)
Cowboy Junkies - The Trinity Session (tape)
Public Enemy - Fear of a Black Planet (tape)
Neil Young - After the Gold Rush (tape)
Dire Straits - Brothers in Arms (tape)
Elvis Costello - All This Useless Beauty (tape)
Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers - Hard Promises (tape)
REM - Reckoning (vinyl)
REM - Life's Rich Pageant (vinyl)
REM - Dead Letter Office (vinyl)
Behind the Music - Soundtrack of Our Lives (CD)
Tom Waits - Rain Dogs (CD)
The Fugees - The Score (tape)
Lauryn Hill - The Miseducation of Lauren Hill (tape)

And then there was the most unbelievable bargain of all - U2 12-inch vinyl singles at a garage sale. They had New Year's Day, The Unforgettable Fire, Pride and Out of Control! The total price for all four - $2. I still can't get over that particular find.

i bought a stabbing westward album at a garage sale. this was a couple years ago. i still haven't listened to it.

One man( or woman's) trash another man(or woman's) treasure.
Indeed I do, a matter of necessity for me, so I don't really feel:reject: about it. I justify it by imaginging I am beathing new life and appreciation into to something that would otherwise be forgotten and unloved. I've just enjoyed breakfast grooving to Jimmie Rodgers"When It's Peach Picking Time In Georgia" :lmao: the lyrics...precious imho.
My o my, the vinyl I have seen over the years..e.g. a mum selling her son's complete Led Zeppelin collection in perfect condition for 50c each.She is the woman I bought my Jimi Hendrix"Gloria" 12 inch from:heart: Yesterday at the market a woman was selling an autographed and framed photo of Led Zeppelin...$500:faint: before I asked the price I imagined it as a gift for my girlfriend who claims Robert Plant is the sexiest thing on two legs:D

peace on earth , GOODWILL and raspberry berets to all musiclovers:up:

My Dad goes to Car Boot Sales most weekends and comes back with a load of CD's/Records most of the time. Bargins! :up:

I should probably post this in zoo confessionals....but I found a couple of Ryan Adams CDs at a garage sale last week selling for $2.00. Of course, I immediately thought of Bonochick and felt all sorts of guilt leaving them there!

:reject:

Yep, I always look through places like that. Never know what you'll find!

Heck yeah. If i stop at a garage sale one of the first things I'll do is look to see if they're selling music. That usually the only thing at a garage sale that interests me. But I'm really looking for vinyl oddities and old stuff more than anything. Last month I happened to be driving through a small town northeast of L.A. and I stopped at an antique shop and found a bunch of old, mostly kitschy records being sold dirt cheap and I picked up one or two.

Back
Top Bottom