Do you frequently change your mattress?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

deep

Blue Crack Addict
Ikea peeks into the bedroom.

Stockholm - Austrians love their bedrooms, but seldom make love in them. Malaysians often have sex in their bedrooms, but don't get much sleep there.

Those are some of the conclusions of an international Gallup poll presented on Tuesday by Swedish furniture giant Ikea.

The company wanted to know how frequently people in Europe, Asia and North America used their bedrooms for different activities, including sleeping, relaxing and "romance".

In Sweden and Iceland, 72% of respondents said they used their bedrooms for romantic endeavours, while in China the same figure was 20%.

Malaysians were the most sexually active - 43% said they had sex daily in their bedrooms. Malaysia was also the place where people slept the least: six hours and 36 minutes a night, about half an hour less than the survey's average.

Austrians ranked low in sexual activity, but were the most satisfied with their bedrooms, ahead of Belgians and Swiss. Russians were the least satisfied.

The survey was conducted in January and included 14 000 Ikea customers in 27 countries. The margin of error was 4.5 percentage points.

Spaniards and Americans were most likely to keep their bedrooms private, while almost half of the Chinese allowed their friends access.

Other facts in the survey: Three-quarters make their bed daily; people who frequently change their mattresses have more sex; and the most common fixture of a bedroom is the alarm clock.

I shared the same bed with my sis from grade school until I was done with high school and we had this nasty reject full sized mattress my parents put on our bed when they got a new one. My side had this huge dent from where my dad slept (he's a big guy). We always refered to it as the "butthole".

Now I have the standard issue twin xl dorm mattress, but I'm using my tax return on a new queen sized mattress when I move into a house. I don't have a bed frame or box spring and can't afford them, but all I want is one of those mattresses with the pillow layer on top. :D

i've had the same mattress for most of my life. i think it's around 13 or 14 years old. there's a sinking pit forming in the center...and i've flipped it.

I've had the same mattress since I got my own bed...I think I may have actually peed on it when I was little. I've flipped it god knows how many times... :huh:

technically i'm in the same mattress since i've had a bed club, because while i wasn't sleeping in a crib, i had a futon. i don't remember it being all that comfy.

Got a new mattress bout 8 months ago when we moved to our appartment and when we move into our new house sometime in the next year or 2 I want a tempurpedic :D

they gave me a new one when I moved into this apartment in August... I've flipped it three times so far and each time after about a month a big dent appears in the middle :|

It's also starting to squeak really badly.
Stupid mattress.

whoops.

i knew i shouldn't have been posting at 2am...this is what i meant to say:

technically i'm in the same-mattress-since-i've-had-a-bed club, because while i wasn't sleeping in a crib, i had a futon. i don't remember it being all that comfy.

i forgot the hypens to make it make more sense.

is that better?

funny you should ask....here goes:rolleyes:
It's official: I love my bed, I often claim it's my favourite place on earth. We've had the same mattress for ages. It's still comfy, but we flip it regularly. I also thought to myself the other night, I'd like clean sheets every day. I :heart: the crisp cool feel of clean sheets.( I either need a maid or to be rich enough to stay in hotels) I bought a new doona cover yesterday and will be changing the curtains today for winter. I just had a discussion with hub about rearranging the furniture in our room. I like things the way they are...I got my way:angel:
My mum bought a new and to me expensive, bed ensemble when my dad had hip replacement surgery. It is soooooooo comfy :bliss: you do get what you pay for. My middle son is moving out this weekend, and I was so hoping he'd take the horrible big ugly uncomfortable futon that his older brother bestowed upon us. No such luck. He wants a brand new comfy double bed. So we'll actually be going mattress shopping:)
tmi?
I'm just glad they didn't survey Australians about their habits......."mattress mayhem" to quote Roy and HG.
:D

Back
Top Bottom