Do we have an official MLB 2k5 thread yet?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was about to leave the bar last night in the 5th cause I was so pissed and then Sheff hit that three run shot, so I stuck around.

Glad I did :wink:

this might be the wrong thread, but for those playing the u2 fantasy league, how does the scoring work???

I went and checked my scores from last night cause I thought my team blew up. They hit around .400, had 5 Hrs, and like 15 RBis.

Bartolo Colon had a good outing and a W, and I believe my Reliever got a save.

I had Randy Johnson going who got shelled, but overall I lost points on the night. Does pitching count that much?

Just wondering. Thought desipite the horrible outing, the rest of the team would outshine that. Thanks.

Last edited:
r3318410604.jpg

RademR said:
this might be the wrong thread, but for those playing the u2 fantasy league, how does the scoring work???

I went and checked my scores from last night cause I thought my team blew up. They hit around .400, had 5 Hrs, and like 15 RBis.

Bartolo Colon had a good outing and a W, and I believe my Reliever got a save.

I had Randy Johnson going who got shelled, but overall I lost points on the night. Does pitching count that much?

Just wondering. Thought desipite the horrible outing, the rest of the team would outshine that. Thanks.
You gain or lose points based on where you stand compared to other players in the league, so for example(without checking for specifics) its possible your 5 HRs didn't change your ranking in the HR category resulting in no change in points there, whereas the Unit's shelling may have dropped you in the standings in ERA or WHIP, causing a drop in the standings.

Hewson said:
You gain or lose points based on where you stand compared to other players in the league, so for example(without checking for specifics) its possible your 5 HRs didn't change your ranking in the HR category resulting in no change in points there, whereas the Unit's shelling may have dropped you in the standings in ERA or WHIP, causing a drop in the standings.

thanks, makes sense.

I'd like to acknowledge how impressive it was for the Orioles to hold down the fort in the AL East for two months straight. I have no doubt they will still be competitive for most of the season, but alas, the changing of the guard was bound to happen...

:D

TheBrush said:
HOW BOUT DEM YANKS:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

im one happy met fan

Your priorities are a tad messed up. You should be a disappointed Met fan, because your team spent a ton of $$$ in the off-season on new players, and a new manager, and you are in the basement.

You're a .500 team, and so are they. They just lost 3 out of 4 to the D-Rays, so, it's not like you're beating a well oiled machine.

So, if beating the Yanks is what makes Met fans happy, well, this is your one year to rejoice.

If winning your division and going to the playoffs is what makes Met fans happy, well, this is likely not your year to rejoice.

As for the Orioles comment, agreed. Kudos to them and Mazilli for being in front this long, very impressive and unexpected. Will be interesting to see if they make a trade to bolster their pitching staff (Schmidt??), or if they stand pat and roll the dice. Need Mora back, though.

No spoken words said:

Your priorities are a tad messed up. You should be a disappointed Met fan, because your team spent a ton of $$$ in the off-season on new players, and a new manager, and you are in the basement.

You're a .500 team, and so are they. They just lost 3 out of 4 to the D-Rays, so, it's not like you're beating a well oiled machine.

So, if beating the Yanks is what makes Met fans happy, well, this is your one year to rejoice.

If winning your division and going to the playoffs is what makes Met fans happy, well, this is likely not your year to rejoice.

As for the Orioles comment, agreed. Kudos to them and Mazilli for being in front this long, very impressive and unexpected. Will be interesting to see if they make a trade to bolster their pitching staff (Schmidt??), or if they stand pat and roll the dice. Need Mora back, though.

ahh yankee fans... talk shit endlessly when they're winning, rationalize it away when they're losing.

and if you wanna get technical, the mets won the season series from the yankees last year... so if they were to win tonight, then i guess this would be our second year to rejoice, right?

but you are right... met fans shouldn't be rejoicing after beating such a mediocre team as the yankees certainly are. $200 million dollars for mediocrity... the boss must wipe his ass with hundo's.

the upcomming series' with philly and florida are vastly more important for the mets than this series... but that doesn't mean it isn't fun hearing "lets go mets" echo through a half empty yankee stadium in the late innings yesterday... i wonder where the other half of the crowd went? :hmm: :shrug: they must've been yankee fans.

today the mets and yankees sit with identical records... but alas, for the first time in a long time, one can honestly say that the future bodes better for the muts than it does for the spankees. i mean come on... a team filled with young, budding stars who've yet to scratch the surface of their potential being at .500 vs. a team filled with aging vets and all stars who are at .500... which would you rather be?

i certainly know my answer...

r_wright_david_vt.jpg

who's your daddy?

Last edited:
hmm well if I had to pick who would have the better record starting today through the rest of the decade, I'd have to pick the Yankees over the Mets

Chizip said:
hmm well if I had to pick who would have the better record starting today through the rest of the decade, I'd have to pick the Yankees over the Mets

i'm guessing that's based on the fact that king george will probably go out and buy pujols, santana, willis, peavy, lidge, vlad and ichiro if the yankees continue to suck this year and not on the strength of the yankees' younger players...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom