Do we have an official MLB 2k5 thread yet?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Chizip said:
1 world series win and the red sox fans get all cocky

do we really want to compare October success' between the Cardinals and Red Sox over the past 100 years?

The Cardinals have the second most World Championships, only behind the Yankess, while the Red Sox win one about every 86 years.
Actually my historically challenged friend, thats 6 World Series victories for the Red Sox, not 1. So since the WS has been played for 102 years, it averages to one win every 17 years. And lets not forget the Cards are now in a 23 yeard WS drought...how old were you when they last won? About 23 months old I'd venture to guess. How's that memory?

Chizip said:
REDEMPTION

oh yeah baby

best part of the game - error by renteria followed by a two run triple by eckstein, gotta love it :wink:
Sounds just like all those Carolina Panther fans who were woohooing about beating the Pats last August in a friggin' exhibition game. Redemption will be if you clowns from St Louis beat Boston in a championship, not a regular season game.

You're probably of the mindset that Peyton Mannnings 1.5 regular season MVP's the last few years are more meaningful than Brady's 2 Superbowl MVP's.

Enjoy you spring and summer baseball, lets see what happens when fall rolls around.

A humiliating loss is getting beat as a 14 point favorite in the SuperBowl, or getting swept in the World Series after winning over 100 regular season games, not a 7-1 loss when you were a 130-150 underdog early in the regular season on the road and your starting pitcher is in a slump. Thats an expected and "so what, there's 161 other games" loss.
Did you guys have a parade in St. Louis after your "REDEMPTION"?
:wink:

yankees are back under .500... they hit a stretch of games where you figured they'd pull even in the AL east... the royals, who stink... the twins, who the yankees always beat... and the brewers, who, again, stink.

and they've gone 1-6 in that stretch thus far... with the cardinals waiting on the horizon.

Hewson said:
A humiliating loss is getting beat as a 14 point favorite in the SuperBowl, or getting swept in the World Series after winning over 100 regular season games, not a 7-1 loss when you were a 130-150 underdog early in the regular season on the road and your starting pitcher is in a slump. Thats an expected and "so what, there's 161 other games" loss.
Did you guys have a parade in St. Louis after your "REDEMPTION"?
:wink:

:lol:

Every team is over .500 in the NL. When was the last time at this point in a season that this has happened?:scratch:

Don't think the Wild Card will come out of the NL east

The NL East is friggin wacky right now, all 5 teams within 1.5 games of each other.
And frankly I don't see much to indicate any one of those teams running away and hiding or falling way by the wayside, so that could be a 5 team race into September.

i have to say pedro has impressed me this year

i still think they may regret the last year or two of that contract, but this year he has been lights out

Pedro's stints on the DL have always been brief over the last few years, so even if that were to happen, I wouldn't worry as a Met fan, he hasn't spent half the season on the DL coughSchillingcough or anything like that.
You guys landed a true ace, and like Chizip said, the first 2 years of that contract are gonna be a bargain, beyond that could be iffy, but methinks when all is said and done you'll feel you got your $54Mil worth.

I don't hate Cubs fans at all. I went to Wrigley for the first time last year, with my Dad, as part of a 5-city baseball trip, and we loved it there. Some of the people needed to sober the fuck up, though, but that's no shock.

Pedro has been really impressive this year, I wonder why that shocks some people, and I don't mean people on this thread. He's never had a bad year, he might not have been dominant last year, but he still won 16 games while pitching many pressure-packed games vs. other team's aces, and finished with a 3.90 era. Not a Pedro-like ERA, sure, but most pitchers would take that. Now, he's got no DH to face, so that helps, but DH or not, the man can still pitch. Clemens has had the best career of any pitcher I've ever seen, but, I've never seen a better pitcher than Pedro, if you can appreciate the difference.

Pedro was a great acquisition for the Mets, on and off the field. You'll more than get your $'s worth.

The Yankees. Sigh. 'Twas fun while it lasted. :) Ben Sheets can pitch.

Last edited:
Chizip said:
i have to say pedro has impressed me this year

i still think they may regret the last year or two of that contract, but this year he has been lights out

bringing in pedro was a pure marketing move, with the mets new television station... the Metwork, if you will... debuting next season. thus why they had no problem overpaying for pedro and/or beltran.

and it's worked wonders thus far. he's been amazing... switching to the NL has certainly revived his career, and it's not exactly like he stunk last year to begin with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom