Do we have an official MLB 2k5 thread yet?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Combined 2005 salaries of Yankees' planned 5-man rotation: $65.3 mill.
Starters' wins, losses, ERA: 8-12, 5.27

Combined 2005 salaries of the Cardinals' 5-man rotation: $17.5 million.
Starters' wins, losses, ERA: 15-6, 3.23

and this was before tonights 7 shutout innings by mulder

the cardinals entire rotation combined makes less than mussina

its good to be a cards fan :wink:

phanan said:
It's a shame that Pedro isn't lined up to pitch in the Yankees series.

:wink:

yea i know... unless they have him skip a start, or maybe move up a spot in the rotation due to the two off days they have between now and then...

oh well... deffinetly would've been interesting to watch pedro pitch against the yankees in a national league park...

200 million dollars, and for that, we have 2 rookies in the rotation right now....Cano at 2B, which aint gonna work....and Womack in LF. What a mess. What a fucking mess. All good things have to end, it's true, but not like this. Meanwhile, I love keeping an eye on Wells and Duque and Lieber and Nick Johnson and Brad Halsey and Beltran and such. Every team makes trades and every team passes on free agents, this I know, just seems like Cashman has had his head up his ass the last year or two....that, and Steinbrenner is once again too involved in player personnel decisions (Mondesi, anyone). Well, they had a great decade of excellence, so, I cannot complain too much.

I'm seeing Yanks/Mets on 5/21, followed by U2 at night....thought this would be like my dream day, but, at this rate, Yanks/Mets will be like the old Mayor's Cup games they had, meaningless. Crap.

No spoken words said:
I'm seeing Yanks/Mets on 5/21, followed by U2 at night....thought this would be like my dream day, but, at this rate, Yanks/Mets will be like the old Mayor's Cup games they had, meaningless. Crap.

i'm doing the same thing... mets/yanks in the afternoon, u2 at night... only as a mets fan, if things continue the way they currently are, it appears i'll be enjoying the game a whole lot more than you :wink:

i have to say, i've been trying to keep the gloating to a minimum... 'cause i know full well that the second i start to gloat, the mets will go in the tank and the yanks will turn it around and get back into the playoffs... happened too many other times for me to go nuts just yet.

so for now, i've stuck with the subtle nudging of yankee fans... such as at wing night the other night, where, on que with the final out of their 2nd straight loss to the yankees, i played new york, new york on the jukebox, followed with the ever so tacky celebrate by kool and the gang.

subtle yet sarcastic... just the way i like it.

check out espn.com's newest article on Rocker and the Long Island Ducks. He's got johnny Damon length hair now.

Headache in a Suitcase said:
i have to say, i've been trying to keep the gloating to a minimum... 'cause i know full well that the second i start to gloat, the mets will go in the tank and the yanks will turn it around and get back into the playoffs... happened too many other times for me to go nuts just yet.

so for now, i've stuck with the subtle nudging of yankee fans... such as at wing night the other night, where, on que with the final out of their 2nd straight loss to the yankees, i played new york, new york on the jukebox, followed with the ever so tacky celebrate by kool and the gang.

subtle yet sarcastic... just the way i like it.

If you were a Sox fan, I'd see this. But considering who you root for, not sure you can gloat about anything to anyone. Then again, you do live in NY and reserve the right to razz Yankee fans all you like, after our decade of gloating, so, yeah, you're justified. :)

And, at least you have Willie and Carlos and Pedro and Floyd's gone berserk. You have hope, which is great. We have doom and gloom and an owner who thinks the way to fix it is to get more middle aged fucking free agents, as opposed to actually developing talent.

And, yeah, you're gonna enjoy 5/21 a lot more than I will, at this rate. :) That's still a cool day, though, ball game during the day, dinner in the city, then a U2 concert, regardless of the Yankee suck level.

Meanwhile, my favorite baseball story so far is how well Clemens continues to pitch. He's soon gonna get win #330, he'll be the winningest pitcher alive at that point. He's pitching lights out well into his 40's, it's amazing. Love him or hate him, you have to admire him, or so I think.

No spoken words said:

Meanwhile, my favorite baseball story so far is how well Clemens continues to pitch. He's soon gonna get win #330, he'll be the winningest pitcher alive at that point. He's pitching lights out well into his 40's, it's amazing. Love him or hate him, you have to admire him, or so I think.

Yeah, that's if the Astros ever figure out how to score some runs for him...

phanan said:
Kevin Millah figured out how to hit home runs again...

:wink:

Yeah. Now if we could just disabuse him of his habit of leaving the first base bag early, we'd be all set.

No spoken words said:
If you were a Sox fan, I'd see this. But considering who you root for, not sure you can gloat about anything to anyone. Then again, you do live in NY and reserve the right to razz Yankee fans all you like, after our decade of gloating, so, yeah, you're justified. :)

oh yea the poor fucking red sox fans who got to hear it from yankee fans 5 times a year (prior to last year)... meanwhile met fans have to hear it from them every damned day... who had to watch joe f'ing torre get carried off the shea stadium field on derek jeter's shoulders... :puke:

ya don't see us bitchin'...

well... maybe just a little :wink:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom