Do store bought teeth whitening products work?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Johnny Swallow

Bad Daddy Johnny
I've used whitening toothpaste but it never seems to give me noticible results.
It's a bit to late now, but I bought a 'Natural White' at home whitening kit for like $16 at the store today and I'm actually sucking on the stupid mouthpiece right now. I can't talk so I might as well ask you all.

What brand did you use and how well did it work?

I haven't used anything like that...but I heard the strips you stick on your teeth work pretty well. I don't remember who I heard that from, good luck.
Does that stuff taste bad???

'Natural White' is the same stuff I use. I have been given comments on how white my teeth are, so it must work. Actually yes, I do notice a bit of a difference, though it's somewhat gradual and it won't be like a slap in the face. Just keep using it you should see something. And yeah it kinda tasted bad when it would drip in the back of your throat or whatever but hey small price to pay haha...

I got Crest white strips. In order for their guarantee to work, you first are instructed to use the strips on only your upper teeth. If you don't notice a difference, you can return all of the lower strips for a refund. Well, I used all of my uppers and did notice a difference, but I couldn't get through all of the lower strips because they made my teeth so sensitive that I couldn't stand it anymore.

------------------
"Hallelujah, Heaven's white rose,
The doors you open...I just can't close..."

I would consider myself some what of an authority on this.. The reasons are Immaterial, However, The Whitening Toothpastes do work, but only to just take away surface stains.. Not to truly Whiten teeth as in regards to 'stripping off a layer of enamel'.. The Crest strips and other related products.. Are a waste of money.. I wouldn't shell out the thirty dollars or what not for them.. They've got the same sort of ingredients, but it is almost a 'Half Ass' formula.. But If you are going to go through the process.. or even sometimes the sensitivity.. I'd go all the way with the full strength products out there..

BUT.. I would recommend the Dental Office purchased Products such as Nite White by Discus.. The ingredient is I think.. Carbamide Peroxide & Hydrogen Peroxide .. It will run you about sixty dollars or what not.. But It works if you're seriously interested in it.

God Bless America,
L.Unplugged

[This message has been edited by Lemonite (edited 04-01-2002).]

i use aquafresh whitening toothpaste and it works for me. everyone's always saying my teeth are so nice and white and pretty.
biggrin.gif

however, my mom tried the crest whitening strips (my toothpaste is fine enough for me so i didn't try any, esp. since they were being sold for $50 at the time) and she didn't notice a thing. luckily, she followed the instructions and returned all of the lower strips.

Back
Top Bottom