Do money and politics spoil the game for you?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TheGenericPoet

The Fly
I'm a big time sports nut but I like to approach the game like a kid still. I don't want to follow the deals made in trades because its all about money. Ditto the politics. I just want to enjoy the game itself, in a Field of Dreams kind of way. Baseball is my number one sport but I enjoy pretty much all of them. Anybody else feel like I do or am I just an ostrich with his head in the sand?

i'll attest to that. sometimes relationships are fun to watch (individual player rivalries, related players), but i don't really care about who is getting paid what and whether they're worth it.

Yes because I love the inside stuff, the rivalries, the loyalties, good vs. evil, finally getting someone who had you down, that type of stuff. I hated it when free agency and the salary cap made teams impossible to keep together. I also hate to see people who were heroes for beating someone turn over to 'the enemy' for money, like Bill Parcells. He was my hero for beating the Cowboys with the Giants, then he became one. Stuff like that spoils it for me, so yes, money is the main reason.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom