Do all yellowfolk look the same to you?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
just back from the thunderstorm...

Hm... I don't know about others, but I definately don't find the word 'yellow' offensive. In Chinese, we call asian 'the race of yellow' (very roughly translated... :p) anyway.

Actually I'm not very good at telling different people from asia apart. It would be better if they're real people standing in front of me, but pictures... erm... :banghead:

BTW, I score a six. *hides in shame* :eek:

Oh yeah, I LOVE durian!!! :heart:

I personally am not offended when people call us Asians "yellowfolk" or "oriental", but that's just me. I guess it's a case to case thing, as an Asian friend of mine finds it offensive to be referred to as oriental.

It is quite fun to mock your own race sometimes. :D

YELLOW-- My friends and I might joke about being yellow in reference to how "whitewashed" we might seem... like calling ourselves "egg" "banana" or "twinkie" (yellow inside, white outside, or white inside, yellow outside)... However, I think in certain contexts it might be appear offensive.

ORIENTAL-- :sigh: my parents are so old-fashioned that they still use this terms without P.C. (political conscious) terms. "Oriental" comes off as exoticizing a race... like "oriental women"... that's why most Asians have a problem with it... You don't hear us calling Westerners "Occidental"

I dunno... I usually tell myself there's no racial discrimination going on in America... but sometimes, I feel something tugging at me, telling me otherwise.

foray said:
I did not grow up in a Western society so the words "chink" or "yellow" don't really bother me. Folks in Malaysia call one another other names :D

edit: pushed the submit button too early! more...

Also, I've never come across racist name-calling while in a western country. I'm fortunate that way.

The only racist thing I have come across is when ppl assume my Engrish is not the good just because I'm yellowww. :) These people wouldn't call themselves racist either, they too are appalled at racism; but they don't realize that even preconceived notions like that can be mighty insulting. (universal fact for all races)

Finally, I find it humourous when asians ridicule their own race. Same as when white/black ppl ridicule their own ways. Self-mockery is cool.

foray

Foray-

plez dont tell 'deep' about racial 'obtuseness'
he may get his panties in a bunch and send YOU to counseling Ms 4a, over -(what he would view) as "your shortsightedness";):angry: :sexywink:

-(see my LS thred.."Its kinda funny NOW, BUT..") for ref.:)

DB9

Last edited:
Foray,

By all means review that thread. I think you will agree with others who have communicated with me. They thought my two posts were germane. I kept my responses to items in that thread only. Diamond ranted about things that had no correlation to my posts. His responses were not even based on reality. Somebody actually suggested that Diamond could benefit from sensitivity training.

Btw, I got an 8 on this test. I usually do better in person.

Well George I guess w disagree.

The ppl u may have spoken you MAY have buffoloed..
The more astute ppl will see thru you.

You were always good at "appearences":yes:

They dont have the benefit of knowing you for 4 decades as I have known you.
I know your character, your obfuscations and attempted manipulations.
They are a 'no-sale' George.

To "pounce" on the use of the phase..'a skinny oreintal kid' because in 'your' view -perhaps "Asian" would have been more approiate makes u look like an instigator, George.
Grow up.
Give me a fu#kin break.

BTW- How many U2 Shows have you attended?
What kind of a U2 Fan are you?
George why are you here?
Why do you come into my threads only to try and provoke agruments ?

Is it your odd obssession that also you carry on your sick competition (as u do in real life) w me here w my friends into an online community that I invited you to?

Tell us "George"
Tell us "chain"
Tell us "deep"..

tell us
tell us
tell us

Plez speak for the record.
And then get a life.

thank u
Your brother
Dave

Last edited:
I don?t know why you had to hijack this thread. People seemed to be enjoying this thread. It does not always have to be about you.

Most of the time I try to avoid your threads. You did not invite me here. It is not your forum to invite anyone to. You did email me about 20 threads, concerning you. After looking at them I would browse the forum. There are over 10,000 registered users. They are invited to join by the creator and owner of this forum. That is Elvis, not you.

The fact that I have seen Bono live does not make me a better fan than anyone here, who has not.

I walked away from that thread, but you had to bring it up here?

diamond said:
Well George I guess w disagree.

To "pounce" on the use of the phase..'a skinny oreintal kid' because in 'your' view -perhaps "Asian" would have been more approiate

diamond said:

Nice try.
I also buy products from-

Loud Italians;)
Aggressive Persians:)
Suave Jewish ppl..:)
and stuttering white guys like you.

Why mention race? It has nothing to do with it.

Perhaps you will listen to Elvis, this quote is from the FYM 911 over rated thread.

Elvis said:
? I think your post did nothing for this thread :p It infers a bit of a stereotype... being that it didnt really matter what this guys heritage was, he was an ass to call u 'subhuman'. Please rethink your 'confusing' posts before you post ;) It's as bad as....
(example)
I once had an old Chinese man walk up to me at an outdoor mall/plaza... said to me "you're the anti-christ, you're the anti-christ, you jew-ish arent you, you the anti-christ".

My point... the guy was a WHACK JOB, it was irrelevant that he was Chinese, and my brief use of emphasing his poor use of the english language was as well.

I'm not trying to point you out... just trying to make a point in general that people on this forum (and elsewhere) should try to avoid steretypes, intentional or not.

Joel

Cowgirl,

I hear you, it is not pretty. I have ignored or walked away before. Probably best to do that in the future.

deep said:
Foray,

By all means review that thread. . They thought my two posts were germane. I kept my responses to items in that thread only. Diamond ranted about things that had no correlation to my posts. His responses were not even based on reality. Somebody actually suggested that Diamond could benefit from sensitivity training.

Btw, I got an 8 on this test. I usually do better in person.
For the record-
I think Foray will see thru you.

Please define your statement of "His responses are not based on reality"..
Are you saying George that one of your alters is not "chain"?
Alot ppl HERE have suggested to me that it is.
If they are incorrect please clarify that for the record and to clear your good name:D

That said- the ONLY "sensitivity class" I would need to take is-
"Try to be sensitive to stuttering olders brothers who are jealous of you and try to disparage your character and please refrain from beating the sh#t out of them next time you see them 101.";)

-diamond-

:yawn:

Would you guys please be mature enough to flame each other on PM!!?

I'm ready to report both of you to the mod-gods.

:grumpy:

The only reason I'm not is because I can't find that "report to mod" button.....

deep said:
I don?t know why you had to hijack this thread. People seemed to be enjoying this thread. It does not always have to be about you.

Most of the time I try to avoid your threads. You did not invite me here. It is not your forum to invite anyone to. You did email me about 20 threads, concerning you. After looking at them I would browse the forum. There are over 10,000 registered users. They are invited to join by the creator and owner of this forum. That is Elvis, not you.

The fact that I have seen Bono live does not make me a better fan than anyone here, who has not.

I walked away from that thread, but you had to bring it up here?

You have tried to take Elvis'

Why mention race? It has nothing to do with it.

Perhaps you will listen to Elvis, this quote is from the FYM 911 over rated thread.

George-
you sputtering NonU2Fan-
You have pulled Elvis' quote out of another thread-(a conversation between he and Khan) and tried to take it outta context here.

You failed again.
Foray has it right in this thread.

George what I see the problem being here is that you are-

1. -over sensitive to race issuses, more sensitive than the author of this thread.
2. -and are trying to use that instigate a fight w me .
3.-this stems from your "creepy" demeanor that some already recognize here
and
that I know of a certainty of.

members have mention to me you like to "meddle" w me here, why George?
Ive asked you to stop publicly and privately.
So again please stop.:)

Lastly you trying to suck up to Joel is the most pathetic thing so far to date here Ive seen from you.
Any other transparent tricks?

Dave

Last edited:
Angela Harlem said:
Sorry this turned into a racism debate. I was simply wondering if the term was offensive in some way. Glad it isn't.

No no Angela.
Geoge has tried to turn it into that its not:)
Were all fine here:)

Dave

theSoulfulMofo said:
Would you guys please be mature enough to flame each other on PM!!?

Agreed. There's no need to bring up a disagreement from a different thread and argue about it in this one. You can argue all you like on PM. I've gotten a complaint about this thread, so if the fighting doesn't stop I'm going to have to close it. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom