DM party; wish U2 fans would do something like this.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FitzChivalry

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
At the bottom of the ocean, in the deepest sea
Last night I went to a release party for Depeche Mode at CineSpace in Hollywood.

It was SO MUCH fun! It was a combined party for all their recent releases: Greatest Hits, Live in Milan DVD, "Martyr" single, etc.

There was a great DJ spinning kick-ass DM songs and re-mixes from their entire catalogue. There was one huge movie theater screen showing the "Live in Milan" DVD, and then tons and tons of smaller screens showing interviews, music videos, exclusive band/behind the scenes clips.

It was just so much fun. I went with my friend's Depeche Mode group (DMDSC-Depeche Mode Devotees of Southern California) and there were about 15 of us from the group.

The whole time I kept thinking: God, I wish there was a U2 event like this. I would SO be there in a heartbeat! I felt like it should have been "Vertigo" playing on the big screen and U2 videos on all the small screens and I thought that white label mix of "City of Blinding Lights" would have been perfect!

But all the DM stuff was cool too . . . it just wasn't U2. :)

We have those kind of release parties in the Netherlands. I went to the one when HTDAAB was released. Couldn't attend the one last year (when the Vertigo Live DVD was launched). It can be cool.
:)

But now you know what to do the next time U2 releases something. :p

I know, I know! Best idea ever, dudes. Seriously. I read about this right before it actually happened, and I was pre-emptively super-jealous. So wonderful. I still love this band and now hate U2 precisely for something like the way of thinking which informs this party.

Back
Top Bottom