Dixie Chicks pose nekkid in response to criticism

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The funniest and the most phony things regrading the Sawyer interview was..

1)claimed it was an apology interview it wasnt-it was a 'please accept me regardless of my ill-timed and stupid comments'-according to Natalie.

2)those stupid tears.

3) they claimed the apology had nothing to do w record sales, yeah right, if their record sales were climbing they wouldnt had this stupid interview? Give me a break.

4) they thought they were noble they looked stupid.

5) God those phony tears self asorbed tears....

the only somewhat credible one was the tall blond one.

If the sisters are smart they will get a dump their lead singer and get a new one, like theyve done in the past...

Zedbetty go run and hide in FYM. You seem to find safety in numbers.:)

DB9

Last edited:
yeah, I'm from texas, and I'm ashamed THEY'RE from texas. so I think i'll go get naked in a magazine now, yay. and I even had a subscription to that magazine.. it was good before this :yuck: can't wait for my dad to open the mailbox and see that. *cancels*

remember kids, dont say anything against the allpowerful president of the united states of america.

am i correct, zedbetty?

YOu know, that last post is ridiculous. You make it sound like there is some type of government conspiracy to discredit the Dixie Chicks because they said something negative about the President. Like GW even cares. What alot of you fail to realize and probebly hate is that GW is fairly popular in the U.S. 75% of the U.S. supported him on this war. So by saying bad things about what he was doing is going to generate some negative responses when 70 to 75% of the country is for what he is doing. Just like people had a right to protest the war (some protests were even violent, again hypocritical) then people have the right to be offended and not want to buy music by someone they do not agree with.

Whats next, a clause that says, you cannot not buy this music because you do not agree with this artists views. How ridiculous is that. It really is amazing the hypocrisy. Basically you are saying you only have the right to protest and be offended if it fits YOUR political agenda. Otherwise it is childish and a conspiracy. I swear I have always been middle of the road politically but lately the democrats and liberals are pushing me to the right. The hypocrisy is absolutely staggering and I'am sick of it.

Last edited:
Blue Room said:
YOu know, that last post is ridiculous. You make it sound like there is some type of government conspiracy to discredit the Dixie Chicks because they said something negative about the President. Like GW even cares. What alot of you fail to realize and probebly hate is that GW is fairly popular in the U.S. 75% of the U.S. supported him on this war.

Basically you are saying you only have the right to protest and be offended if it fits YOUR political agenda.
Otherwise it is childish and a conspiracy.

I swear I have always been middle of the road politically but lately the democrats and liberals are pushing me to the right. The hypocrisy is absolutely staggering and I'am sick of it.

Blue Room has it absolutely right.

The funniest thing altho being out numbered because the protesters complain more and have been loud and vocal turning up their volume a notch they suppose everyone is to kow-tow, like they have a keener insight then the quiet majority.

"The Emperor's Clothes" comes to mind.
:lol:

DB9

Last edited:
Blue Room said:
YOu know, that last post is ridiculous. You make it sound like there is some type of government conspiracy to discredit the Dixie Chicks because they said something negative about the President. Like GW even cares. What alot of you fail to realize and probebly hate is that GW is fairly popular in the U.S. 75% of the U.S. supported him on this war. So by saying bad things about what he was doing is going to generate some negative responses when 70 to 75% of the country is for what he is doing. Just like people had a right to protest the war (some protests were even violent, again hypocritical) then people have the right to be offended and not want to buy music by someone they do not agree with.

Whats next, a clause that says, you cannot not buy this music because you do not agree with this artists views. How ridiculous is that. It really is amazing the hypocrisy. Basically you are saying you only have the right to protest and be offended if it fits YOUR political agenda. Otherwise it is childish and a conspiracy. I swear I have always been middle of the road politically but lately the democrats and liberals are pushing me to the right. The hypocrisy is absolutely staggering and I'am sick of it.

wow, that was well put! i agree completely!

This morning one of the local dj's here in Atlanta raised a good point about this whole ordeal. Actually there were many good points raised by both dj's and callers.

Anyway, the DJ made a comment about how the station pulled the Dixie Chick?s version of Landslide from the rotation due to the amount of angry calls and e-mail's they received. This DJ reminded the listeners and her colleagues that freedom of speech is not a crime here in the US, and it is patriotic to voice ones opinion and to criticize elected officials. But because of the overwhelming disgust the station received about playing the Dixie Chicks, they felt it was best to pull the song from their rotation.

So with that the DJ could not understand how R. Kelly who has a massive hit and album out right now is topping the charts after being accused of having sex with a minor. and the station has only received a limited amount of angry e-mails about hearing this song and artist played on their station.

The point, how is speaking out against your President a far more serious crime than having sex with a minor?

Last edited:
when were r kelly
or the dixie chics relevant?

they were both cheesy pop stars before their debacles.
i find it hilarious though that ppl will defend a cheesy pop star only because theyre antibush.

very revealing..

go figure.

db9

Back
Top Bottom