Dix, Illinois Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I'm going to listen to all of Unknown Pleasures, then all of Closer, let's see how this goes.

Well I'm up to Candidate now, and, I'm remembering why I didn't like this album. Some stuff is so strong, but I really don't like these dragging tracks.

I think the best option for me at this point is to make my own "Joy Division Greatest Hits" list, because I LOVE some songs, but dang there are a lot I do NOT like.

thanks. i don't remember if i've ranted hear, but it's super frustrating because i'm leaving in august so when he's gone it's just less time together, period. but i can't blame him, he needs the money. :(

hey~ i'm not working sunday, booooo. but let's say hi some time. going out now, but probably to somewhere lame that i'm sick of or crowded that's too crowded.

hey~ i'm not working sunday, booooo. but let's say hi some time. going out now, but probably to somewhere lame that i'm sick of or crowded that's too crowded.

I just passed by La Terrasse. Damn, it was super crowded... but had that great ice cream from Paquis...

edit: yes, let's meet soon!

oooh from that gelato place? there's another one of those in plain palais that i had last night. but they also had really weird flavors like guacamole and curry and pepper(the poivron/bell kind)-orange. i didnt try the pineapple basil, i think i'd worn out my tasting welcome. it's good for normal flavors though, but the above made me gag a bit

but yeah one friend is at clubhouse which is no good for weather this nice, another is bored at scandale, and i wish i were making money tonight cause it promises to be not that great. friend trouble too/me trouble because i periodically need a break from people. heh. anyway yeah, all the places i'm not sick of/the places outside will be super crowded

Gump! I've been hoping to run into your for a while! You never posted final thoughts on my DI list. Your thoughts? :p

ok going out. but terrasse, ugh, might try the one in the middle of the river by the bridge between stand and goulard/isaac mercier. forget what it's called. ttyl! and we should get together sunday anyway, especially now that i'm not working!

oooh from that gelato place? there's another one of those in plain palais that i had last night. but they also had really weird flavors like guacamole and curry and pepper(the poivron/bell kind)-orange. i didnt try the pineapple basil, i think i'd worn out my tasting welcome. it's good for normal flavors though, but the above made me gag a bit

Yeah, I saw those flavours, we were wondering who would choose curry ice cream!

but yeah one friend is at clubhouse which is no good for weather this nice, another is bored at scandale, and i wish i were making money tonight cause it promises to be not that great. friend trouble too/me trouble because i periodically need a break from people. heh. anyway yeah, all the places i'm not sick of/the places outside will be super crowded

If you want something relatively calm (I assume) and outside, there's that little bar they set up in Bastions during the summer. I assume they open until late. Otherwise Carouge, I'd say.

curry was actually the best of them! guac was puke-inducing, pepper-orange was just weird. curry worked with the yogurty-ice crema flavor the best.

but i got passion and chocolate.

hmm bastions, maybe. carouge is too far.

btw gonna be at the varembe pool tomorrow afternoon i think, 3 for students if you and your wife wanna join! it's got a nice terrace to lay out and read when not swimming. anyway, off! email if you're interested.

Gump! I've been hoping to run into your for a while! You never posted final thoughts on my DI list. Your thoughts? :p

Hey! Good to see you! I've been meaning to post my thoughts for a long time but then I thought I should listen to it again this weekend and run a live diary. In any case, let me say it was one of my favorite lists so far, really great - and there were lots of songs I really love in there. My favorite parts were Yeah Yeah Yeahs --> Bon Iver and Cut Copy --> Bob Dylan. Really great stuff. But anyways, I'll listen to it again with the diary!

Btw, Fake Plastic Trees totally worked in the context of your list and your National pick was just wonderful!

ok going out. but terrasse, ugh, might try the one in the middle of the river by the bridge between stand and goulard/isaac mercier. forget what it's called. ttyl! and we should get together sunday anyway, especially now that i'm not working!

curry was actually the best of them! guac was puke-inducing, pepper-orange was just weird. curry worked with the yogurty-ice crema flavor the best.

but i got passion and chocolate.

hmm bastions, maybe. carouge is too far.

and i was supposed to work near bastions btw. grrrrr. ok really leaving. :wave:

They were distributing free energy drinks at La Terrasse, so at least there's that. Have fun!

I'm waiting to find out at what time my friend/guest is arriving on Sunday, I'll email you and let you know. ttyl.

Hey! Good to see you! I've been meaning to post my thoughts for a long time but then I thought I should listen to it again this weekend and run a live diary. In any case, let me say it was one of my favorite lists so far, really great - and there were lots of songs I really love in there. My favorite parts were Yeah Yeah Yeahs --> Bon Iver and Cut Copy --> Bob Dylan. Really great stuff. But anyways, I'll listen to it again with the diary!

Btw, Fake Plastic Trees totally worked in the context of your list and your National pick was just wonderful!

Oh awesome, thanks :D. I'll be around, so I'm glad to hear another go at it is forthcoming.

Oh awesome, thanks :D. I'll be around, so I'm glad to hear another go at it is forthcoming.

Absolutely. I was was having a super stressful time when I heard it two or three weeks ago, so now that I'm doing better I should give another try.

I thought about you Saturday - I went to see Andrew Bird here!

You doing alright?

Oh excellent! I should get around to listening to his new album :uhoh:

I'm doing fine, thanks. Will be moving to your country pretty soon!

What about yourself? Great pics from your trip to D.C., btw.

Yeah, Andrew Bird was great. He came down to sell CDs afterwards and I got a signed copy of the Mysterious Production of Eggs vinyl. :love:

Oooh excellent :D. Enjoy yourself there.

I'm doing pretty fantastic. D.C. was an epic adventure of the highest degree.

So cool. The only thing I have signed by a band is a ticket stub that Bowling For Soup signed :lol:

Oooh excellent :D. Enjoy yourself there.

I'm doing pretty fantastic. D.C. was an epic adventure of the highest degree.

So cool. The only thing I have signed by a band is a ticket stub that Bowling For Soup signed :lol:

Yeah, I'm looking forward to it. I've always liked the States.

I figured so much about your DC trip. Sounds like fantastic! I'm very happy for you!

Yeah, that's the second thing I've ever had signed - the first was a ticket stub signed by Nels Cline.

Bowling for Soup!?! :lmao:

I like me some Bowling for Soup, what can I say? :lol: They do a mean live act too. I was not disappointed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom