Disappointment Islands, French Polynesia Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was going to watch that game on delay later, but I accidentally found out the score. Why the fuck can't ESPN.com and NFL.com hide the scores. If someone wants to find them, show them were to look ffs.

But the part that shits me is that ESPN will CUT PARTS OUT OF THE GAME they're showing delayed, just to fit in more generic fucking ads. Are you serious?
i know! i guess the average visitor to the sites want it on the front page but i'd rather have to click on another link. i hate spoilers.

are you serious? that's fucking lame. btw i want to add you're my hero for liking nfl. i mean since you're not in the u.s. and all.

thanks :hug: i know! their meteorology program is AMAZING. and i love the town, it's a total college town. i could live in an apartment just feet from campus, yet i'd be off campus! the area around university of memphis is hilarious. now, the campus itself isn't that bad, though my mom thinks it's huge. it's actually kind of normal for a college. but hey. (she's finishing her associate's now and is trying to figure out where to get her bachelor's and has decided she's not going to memphis.) but the dorms are laughably bad. besides, i'd rather gouge out my eyes than live in a dorm. every apartment complex nearby is bad. like, people get stabbed and robbed often bad. they're building another complex nearby, i always see it because it's right next to the tattoo parlour i go to, so time will tell if that one is safe.

as it is, if i stay here for my degree, there's an apartment complex in midtown (like a ten minute drive from the school) i've had my eye on since i was in high school. love it love it love it.

It's good to go to a school that has what you need :p. God Memphis sounds like a pit. I hate living on campus myself, but my dad wants to stay here so that we can just keep all of the money for school in scholarships and loans so I don't have to worry about paying electric and stuff. He's right, but I'm so sick of having to be quiet all the time and stuff. And in these new dorms, yeah, I have my own room, but you saw how small it is. :sigh:

AUT_UNI_Logo_blk.jpg

They accepted me.
:drool: i'd love to do some graduate work there. it's not feasible i think for me to even consider going out of the country for any undergrad work, but man i'd still love to go to new zealand or australia for school :drool:

And fanks for looking it up. It does figure one of the few close games this weekend - the one that I definitely know the score from will be the one they show. Normally we get to watch pathetic blowouts.

They're quite good. Normally most radio ads suck hard, but we had some of them played to us last semester and they were damn funny. A google search would turn some up.
no problem :D

ooh, i'll have to youtube it or something.

and i love when they show the clips of the fans in heinz field :cute: i'm a dork i know, but it's just so awesome to see all these people dressed up and everything, makes me wish we had a pro-football team here instead of just the memphis tigers. i mean, we've got the stadium. hell, the titans played here for a year before they moved to nashvegas. but if we got a team they'd be horrible, just like the grizzlies.

It's good to go to a school that has what you need :p. God Memphis sounds like a pit. I hate living on campus myself, but my dad wants to stay here so that we can just keep all of the money for school in scholarships and loans so I don't have to worry about paying electric and stuff. He's right, but I'm so sick of having to be quiet all the time and stuff. And in these new dorms, yeah, I have my own room, but you saw how small it is. :sigh:
i know! amazing concept, right? :giggle: yeah, it is smart to live on campus but since it'll be just me doing this (my parents feel so horrible that they can't help at all, but i've assured them i don't resent them or anything - i really don't. i know how tight money is around here so i have zero resentment about it.) i feel like i owe it to myself to live off campus. the idea of not being able to cook or have a private bathroom is just...ugh. i need to be able to cook food, the idea that if i wanted to make homemade bread or even the carbonara i made yesterday i couldn't do it, it'd be tough. (btw i'm sure that makes me sound pretentious and believe me, i do eat plenty of pre-made stuff, lol.)

and yeah, your room is small! but i know how you feel in that aspect, my bedroom here's just 10x10. it sucks having no room to organize everything and to just pile stuff in corners because there's just no more shelfspace. i keep my dvds in a shelf...in my closet :der:

i know! i guess the average visitor to the sites want it on the front page but i'd rather have to click on another link. i hate spoilers.

are you serious? that's fucking lame. btw i want to add you're my hero for liking nfl. i mean since you're not in the u.s. and all.

I'm sure the average visitor wants the scores, but surely there's some type of thing you could click on that could unhide the scores without navigating you away from the page. Hell, the non-professional league website I sometimes write for usually has a method of hiding scores and news when games are on.

They also do it for basketball, and presumably baseball. I don't get it. I hope they're just cutting out time between snaps, but I bet they aren't.

I love me some American Pansyball. My interest all started when I happened to catch the second half of Superbowl 38 - that great one between New England and Carolina. I had nfi what was going on, but goddamn it was exciting.

i know! amazing concept, right? :giggle: yeah, it is smart to live on campus but since it'll be just me doing this (my parents feel so horrible that they can't help at all, but i've assured them i don't resent them or anything - i really don't. i know how tight money is around here so i have zero resentment about it.) i feel like i owe it to myself to live off campus. the idea of not being able to cook or have a private bathroom is just...ugh. i need to be able to cook food, the idea that if i wanted to make homemade bread or even the carbonara i made yesterday i couldn't do it, it'd be tough. (btw i'm sure that makes me sound pretentious and believe me, i do eat plenty of pre-made stuff, lol.)

and yeah, your room is small! but i know how you feel in that aspect, my bedroom here's just 10x10. it sucks having no room to organize everything and to just pile stuff in corners because there's just no more shelfspace. i keep my dvds in a shelf...in my closet :der:

Aww your parents seem nice about this :).

I should take a more specific video of my room sometime, specifically the giant tote that all my movies are in. I don't know how I ended up with so many :yikes:. Plus then I could show you the really stupid thing I did with my desk/bed/bookcase :doh:

At least I have a semi-private bathroom. Just gotta share it with one roommate.

Well I've been to Harlem County
And I've seen Paris, Texas
And I've spent some time in Rome
I know a lot of funny people
In a lot of funny places
But the Midwest is my home

John Mellencamp strikes again :sigh:

I'm sure the average visitor wants the scores, but surely there's some type of thing you could click on that could unhide the scores without navigating you away from the page. Hell, the non-professional league website I sometimes write for usually has a method of hiding scores and news when games are on.

They also do it for basketball, and presumably baseball. I don't get it. I hope they're just cutting out time between snaps, but I bet they aren't.

I love me some American Pansyball. My interest all started when I happened to catch the second half of Superbowl 38 - that great one between New England and Carolina. I had nfi what was going on, but goddamn it was exciting.
exactly! it's kind of a lame example, but all these competition shows out there like big brother and survivor hide who's out until well after the show's aired in all regions. so there's no spoiling. that's how i wish all sports sites were. if you just have to know omgrightnow, then just google it.

:tsk: that is so stupid.

ha, that's awesome. and to be honest, unless someone's scoring something, i still have no idea what's going on. :reject: i'm unfamiliar with a lot of sports slang. and almost every game's on when my dad's still at work so we can't watch it together and have him explain stuff to me (he's really good about that, he's the reason i can follow baseball games).

and i love when they show the clips of the fans in heinz field :cute: i'm a dork i know, but it's just so awesome to see all these people dressed up and everything, makes me wish we had a pro-football team here instead of just the memphis tigers. i mean, we've got the stadium. hell, the titans played here for a year before they moved to nashvegas. but if we got a team they'd be horrible, just like the grizzlies.

I love excited fan clips. I often wish I wasn't so invested in the Warriors that I could just be a nut at the games, and soccer crowds that sing and chant all game make me wish we had that kind of soccer culture in Auckland.

yes :drool: in fact, i believe at penn state (i can't remember which college it was but i think that's the one) i could major in meteorology and minor in astronomy. to me, that is the perfect course of study. i'm such a geek for that kind of stuff.

:drool:

I found myself thinking the other day that I wish I'd done something more like that, or something related to geography.

Aww your parents seem nice about this :).

I should take a more specific video of my room sometime, specifically the giant tote that all my movies are in. I don't know how I ended up with so many :yikes:. Plus then I could show you the really stupid thing I did with my desk/bed/bookcase :doh:

At least I have a semi-private bathroom. Just gotta share it with one roommate.
they are! i love my parents, they're so awesome. very supportive. my dad and i have our issues but even he's extremely supportive of everything, every time i've changed my major (i think meteorology will be my fourth declared major) there's never been any pressure to fucking decide already or pressure to pick something that makes big bucks.

ooh, you should! i love seeing people's rooms and like how they decorate (and how messy they are :shh:)

ooh, that's good. i hate how some dorms have those communal bathrooms. eww. i'm self conscious, the idea that people could be in there while i'm trying to take a shower or something is creepy.

this book is really pissing me off.

Listen jerkface. You're American. You keep writing words like honor. Ok, so stop friggin writing Kilometer. Or. If you're going to write kilometer, then right honour as well. Stop trying to be cool and act all European and shit if you're not going to be consistent.

When little things like this begin to bug me, you can tell how bad a book is.

ha, that's awesome. and to be honest, unless someone's scoring something, i still have no idea what's going on. :reject: i'm unfamiliar with a lot of sports slang. and almost every game's on when my dad's still at work so we can't watch it together and have him explain stuff to me (he's really good about that, he's the reason i can follow baseball games).

I think I have a decent idea of american football now. It's not a native (for want of a better term) sport to me, and fucking hell it's complicated.

I love excited fan clips. I often wish I wasn't so invested in the Warriors that I could just be a nut at the games, and soccer crowds that sing and chant all game make me wish we had that kind of soccer culture in Auckland.
ooh, what's it like over there? i'll admit i only watch american sports so i don't really know how it is in other countries. if i manage to go to a steelers game (wif my new job i can't go to nashville in december unfortunately, but there's always next season) i will be the dork in total head to toe black and gold. which isn't hard, i already have a ton of stuff. all i need are steelers socks and i'll have everything. (hat, scarf, gloves, two shirts, a pullover, and pants. oh and a terrible towel. yes i'm lame.)

:drool:

I found myself thinking the other day that I wish I'd done something more like that, or something related to geography.
you could always add it as a minor! :D

this book is really pissing me off.

Listen jerkface. You're American. You keep writing words like honor. Ok, so stop friggin writing Kilometer. Or. If you're going to write kilometer, then right honour as well. Stop trying to be cool and act all European and shit if you're not going to be consistent.

When little things like this begin to bug me, you can tell how bad a book is.
:lol: maybe the book was written during the metrification (whoa i didn't think this was a word) in the 70s. but still, that's retarded. what book is it?

they are! i love my parents, they're so awesome. very supportive. my dad and i have our issues but even he's extremely supportive of everything, every time i've changed my major (i think meteorology will be my fourth declared major) there's never been any pressure to fucking decide already or pressure to pick something that makes big bucks.

ooh, you should! i love seeing people's rooms and like how they decorate (and how messy they are :shh:)

ooh, that's good. i hate how some dorms have those communal bathrooms. eww. i'm self conscious, the idea that people could be in there while i'm trying to take a shower or something is creepy.

Yeah, my dad's really supportive of me, but at the same time, he did NOT want me to be a teacher. He knows film is where the big bucks are, so he was FAR more supportive of this route. And the fact I barely mention my mom when it comes to this kind of stuff should tell you that we get along REALLY well. I love both my parents, but my mom is just so much more approachable.

HAHA. Ok, after I finish the book, as a reward :lol:. I never did put up my posters this semester though :sigh:. Never really felt in the mood.

I've been both fortunate and unfortunate that every semester but one that I have been at TCU, I have lived in the nicest dorms. What this means is, I've had my own bathroom every semester except that one, but also, I've had to pay thousands more dollars for the rooms as well. I didn't CHOOSE to live there. My account is never current when it comes to room picking, so I go where they place me.

:lol: maybe the book was written during the metrification (whoa i didn't think this was a word) in the 70s. but still, that's retarded. what book is it?

It was written in 1996 :grumpy:

It's called The Burgermeister's Daughter. It's as exciting as it sounds.

Yeah, my dad's really supportive of me, but at the same time, he did NOT want me to be a teacher. He knows film is where the big bucks are, so he was FAR more supportive of this route. And the fact I barely mention my mom when it comes to this kind of stuff should tell you that we get along REALLY well. I love both my parents, but my mom is just so much more approachable.

HAHA. Ok, after I finish the book, as a reward :lol:. I never did put up my posters this semester though :sigh:. Never really felt in the mood.

I've been both fortunate and unfortunate that every semester but one that I have been at TCU, I have lived in the nicest dorms. What this means is, I've had my own bathroom every semester except that one, but also, I've had to pay thousands more dollars for the rooms as well. I didn't CHOOSE to live there. My account is never current when it comes to room picking, so I go where they place me.
ahh, i see. that's lame that he wasn't as supportive though of you becoming a teacher.

awesome! :D

ooh, that's good at least. sucks that you have to pay more money but imo the added privacy (and not living in some crappy old dorm) is worth the extra money.

UGHGHGH I want to shoot the author of this. I mean, he is like the only person on this girl's side. And everytime he jumps to her defense when she does something stupid, I just want to punch something.

ahh, i see. that's lame that he wasn't as supportive though of you becoming a teacher.

awesome! :D

ooh, that's good at least. sucks that you have to pay more money but imo the added privacy (and not living in some crappy old dorm) is worth the extra money.

I'm kinda glad he wasn't in a way though. Made me brave enough to go for the film degree. I don't know how brave I'm going to be when it's time to actually find a job though :uhoh:

:flirt:

Oh man. The dorm I lived in that one semester :sad: there were cockroaches :shudder:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom