Director Robert Altman dead at 81

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

redkat

Blue Crack Addict
I think I've enjoyed everything I've seen by him. Wonderful director :up:

The director died Monday night at a Los Angeles Hospital, Joshua Astrachan, a producer at Altman's Sandcastle 5 Productions in New York City, told The Associated Press.

The cause of death wasn't disclosed. A news release was expected later in the day, Astrachan said.

A five-time Academy Award nominee for best director, most recently for 2001's "Gosford Park," he finally won a lifetime achievement Oscar in 2006.

I'm a big fan of the series MASH, and also like the movie very much.

I've read an article about his career being some kind of a rebel in the Hollywood movie business breaking up the genres and "destroy" some myths.

Very unique director who stayed to what he wanted to tell the people, even if it was risky for his career.

I think it's also great that he stayed so fit until this age and it sounds as if he didn't have to go through a long, hellish disease.

Very sad. R.I.P. Robert Altman. So many great movies. I loved The Player and Short Cuts

An absolute loss to the American filmaking community. A man that proved that it didn't have to be "Dumb and Dumber" to make people laugh. Humor with class, depth and biting political commentary.

:up: :up: :up: :up:

This will make watching A Prairie Home Companion so much more sad now.

A Great loss to film, but he provided us with so much.

Personal faves being: MASH, Nashville, Short Cuts, Gosford Park, The Player, and PHC.

Back
Top Bottom