Digital Light Processing

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ABEL

An Angel In Devil's Shoes
This is not another Terminator 3 thread. This thread is about the DLP process.

I have an opportunity to see Terminator 3 with friends, who haven't seen the movie yet, tomorrow at a DLP theater. Even though I've already seen the movie, I want to go see it again in the digital format and see if I can tell a difference. From what I've heard, it's one of only a few theaters in the country that is showing Terminator 3 in the digital format.

I was just wondering who has had a chance to see the Digital Light Processing theaters and what your thoughts on them are...if there's a noticeable difference to film.

for those who don't know what DLP is:
DLP? technology is a revolutionary display solution that uses an optical semiconductor to manipulate light digitally. It's also a proven and dependable technology preferred by leading electronics companies worldwide, with more than 1.5 million systems shipped to more than 50 manufacturers since 1996.

DLP? technology is in use wherever visual excellence is in demand. In fact, it's the only display solution that enables movie projectors, televisions, home theater systems and business projectors to create an entirely digital connection between a graphic or video source and the screen in front of you.

The result is maximum fidelity: a picture whose clarity, brilliance and color must be seen to be believed.

click on the links below to read more about DLP...

http://www.dlp.com

http://www.dlp.com/dlp_technology/dlp_technology_overview.asp

well I'm back...saw it! It was pretty cool...you could definitely see a sharper picture. None of the little lint or dust moving across the screen...no jiggly picture. I thought they'd play it up a little more tho...they just had their logo up for a few seconds and a few little animated effect before the movie started after the previews...I thought at least they'd explain the DLP process or something, that woulda been cool (you know, let people know it's semiconductor technology, 1.3 million microscopic mirrors, etc.) ...if you didn't know anything about DLP or know it was a DLP theater, I don't think you woulda known the difference. :shrug:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom