Diet soda appreciation thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

UnforgettableLemon

Rock n' Roll Doggie ALL ACCESS
not all diet sodas are created equally. In fact, I find most diet colas to be rather blah. BUT, there are three which I find stand head and shoulders above the rest. Of course, they're non-colas, but they are diet soda nonetheless.

3) Diet Mountain Dew

2) Diet Dr. Pepper

and my new love

1) Diet Sunkist Orange

Honorable mention to Diet Cherry Coke.

:hmm: My friends and I were talking tonight about the taste of Diet Coke. We came to a conclusion that Coke has changed the taste of Diet Coke because we have all noticed that we can lo longer taste the aspartame. When I later mentioned this to my brother and father they too said they recently noticed a change to the taste of Diet Coke. :hmm:

MissVelvetDress_75 said:
:hmm: My friends and I were talking tonight about the taste of Diet Coke. We came to a conclusion that Coke has changed the taste of Diet Coke because we have all noticed that we can lo longer taste the aspartame. When I later mentioned this to my brother and father they too said they recently noticed a change to the taste of Diet Coke. :hmm:

i think it has to do with that new coke zero shit. i *think* coke zero now has aspartame and diet coke uses some sort of splenda sweetener. i could be totally wrong though. i just recall hearing something like that.

For like a decade, Diet Rite has been the only diet stuff that I can get down. Not only can I get it down, though...I straight-up like them shits. Nay. I love it. Represent. Give me Diet Rite or give me death, etc.

MissVelvetDress_75 said:

but we are not drinking the diet coke with splenda. just the plain old diet coke.

Come to think of it, I haven't seen the diet coke with splenda around anywhere lately. Maybe they used that as a test and then replaced it? I dunno, Coke has so many "plain" diet drinks it's ridiculous

Coke Zero
Diet Coke
Diet Coke (W/Splenda!)

and for those wishy-washy indecisive people, C-2.

C-2 is by far the best diet cola out there. I guess that it's not truely a diet cola but for those of us who don't like the taste of diet coke, C2 is a perfect compramize.

I haven't had a chance to try out the new Coke Zero. Canada doesn't get that for another 10 days (I actually saw a web advert today that had a ticking down clock timed to the release of Coke Zero in Canada).

ah, finally :) i only drink diet soft drink if drinking soft drink. pepsi max is being phased out by me by sprite zero which is heavenly.

:drool:

zonelistener said:

you lost me.

please educate me the difference between diet colas, diet sodas and diet pop.

a soda is anything carbonated, really. Colas are the sort of generic sugary caramel-colored soda. Sprite =/= cola, Mountain Dew =/= cola, I don't really think Dr. Pepper =/= cola.

dr. pepper is just dr. pepper. coke is cola. pepsi is cola. the store-brand stuff called "cola" is cola. everything else is soda.

cola is a soda. soda is not a cola.

i don't know the purpose of this post. UF had the explanaition well under control. i just couldn't keep my mouth (fingers) shut.

IWasBored said:

i don't know the purpose of this post. UF had the explanaition well under control. i just couldn't keep my mouth (fingers) shut.

That's why we love you. :) Or that's my reason anyway. One of. And yeah... I should take a lesson from your mistakes and keep my fingers.... shut... er... still.

oh crap, and that wasn't to you saying you should stop typing/talking, UL. That was in general to the both of youse making great sense of what I thought was pretty bloody obvious, but young Jeffrey here didn't :lol:

UnforgettableLemon said:
3) Diet Mountain Dew

2) Diet Dr. Pepper

and my new love

1) Diet Sunkist Orange

Honorable mention to Diet Cherry Coke.

:drool:

My boyfriend thinks diet pop is evil, but we keep Diet Pepsi in the fridge for when we have company. I drink one of those on occasion...but I think I'm gonna buy some more diet for myself because some of it really is just as good.

Back
Top Bottom