Diego Maradona

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
rjhbonovox said:
In the 1994 World Cup, after Maradona had been suspended, Argentina got knocked out in the 2nd round by Romania...... kinda missed him then, don't ya think!

Argentina had a great team in 1982, Maradona was in it, he was in top form, Argentina lost.

Pelé was in top form in only 2 world cups, 1958 and 1970, he easily won both.

guill said:

Argentina had a great team in 1982, Maradona was in it, he was in top form, Argentina lost.

Pelé was in top form in only 2 world cups, 1958 and 1970, he easily won both.

Maradona was too young in 1982. Check the game against Brazil where he gets sent off, totally lost it.

Talking of 1982, the Brazil team of that World Cup was THE greatest team I have ever seen play this beautiful game. Yes I know yer gonna say it "but they got knocked out by Italy". Yep they did cos they were a team that couldn't defend and just played the game with the attitude that if you score 3 then we will score 4. I have most of the games they played in the 1982 World Cup and what performances and what goals and teamplay. If you want to see how football should be played just get any of Brazils matches from this World Cup in 1982. Against Scotland, Italy and Argentina they play some damn brilliant Football. What a team, Zico, Socrates, Junior, Falcao, Eder, Oscar, Cerezo......ahhh great memories I was only 13, broke my heart when Italy beat them!:wink:

It's like Bono who would drink water insted of Jameson Irish Whiskey...............................:wink:

You know, some things just always must get together

Players like Zico, Best--------------> great teams

Bono----------------> Jameson Irish Whiskey

:wink: :wink:

I have posted this before... this drawing summarizes football's greatest masterpiece, that could only be executed by Diego.

gazzetta.gif

1982 deserved a final Brazil - France
Zico, Socrates, Junior, Falcao vs Platini, Giresse, Tigana
:drool: :drool:

jimmmm said:
obviously the illustrator wasn'tvery good at drawing HANDS

Let be for a moment that HAND, even when you're english you can't deny the goal scored starting from the midfield burning the half english team was a masterpiece. Then, ok, the goal with the hand, awful thing, but football had and has so many dirty things that a goal scored with a hand is just a drop in the ocean. You can't always remember that hand and forget that other unceasing galloping which is the most beautiful goal of the whole WorldCup history.
;)

guill said:
1982 deserved a final Brazil - France
Zico, Socrates, Junior, Falcao vs Platini, Giresse, Tigana

Maybe with 2 penalties more against Germany in the semifinal you would have had the chance to lose against Italy in the final! What a pity!
:wink:
How much penalties did they shot in that semifinal?
Even Joel Bats shot, no?

To come back to the Maradona topic, Kusturica is finishing his documentary on Diego, it will be great :drool:

Yes , it will be cool, the worst director in history making movie about greatest player in history. Maradona did not deserve that

Ah, Emir Kusturica! He can make good things, I'm sure it's gonna be a great movie. I've seen him live a couple of years back, when he came in Italy with the No Smoking Orchestra. Man, what a mindblowing musicians!!

Maradona deserves first class directors.I'm not sure how much they know about football, but my pics would be Tarantino, Stone or Scorsese.

guill said:
He supports the Partizan and you support the Red Star ? :wink:

Large part of my heart took Manchester United so there is not plenty free space for other clubs.I guess I could say I like Partizan and absolutely HATE red star

roy keane said:
Maradona deserves first class directors.I'm not sure how much they know about football, but my pics would be Tarantino, Stone or Scorsese.

Yes, but the question is: do they know Maradona? They maybe don't even watch football or even know what it is

I stand by my previous comments but having watched a documentary last night about Brazil it is odd a fella called Garrincha isnt mentioned!

Whenever he and Pele played together for Brazil they NEVER lost a game!

he was certainly a better dribbler of the ball than both Pele and Maradona. Pele was better all round.

Maradona still behind both of them and as jimmmmmmm said behind Crouch.lol

btw maradona's second goal against England in 86 was a Terry Fenwick own goal. The cartoon is inaccurate (wink).

CKONE said:
I stand by my previous comments but having watched a documentary last night about Brazil it is odd a fella called Garrincha isnt mentioned!

Whenever he and Pele played together for Brazil they NEVER lost a game!

he was certainly a better dribbler of the ball than both Pele and Maradona. Pele was better all round.

Maradona still behind both of them and as jimmmmmmm said behind Crouch.lol

btw maradona's second goal against England in 86 was a Terry Fenwick own goal. The cartoon is inaccurate (wink).

Just be a little bit more objective, please.

Yeah, right, Garrincha... :tsk:

1stepcloser said:
Also Pele never proved himself in Europe's top leagues whereas Maradona proved himself in Italy and Spain.

José Altafini was in the 1958 squad and played some matches, have you ever heard of him ?
He is the third top scorer of the Italian league with 216 goals, so imagine how many goals would have scored Pelé.

guill said:

José Altafini was in the 1958 squad and played some matches, have you ever heard of him ?
He is the third top scorer of the Italian league with 216 goals, so imagine how many goals would have scored Pelé.

But you can just have immagination, you can't think nothing concrete actually. Who knows if he would have worked in Europe? Maybe he would have been caught by saudade and he would have failed, who knows? It's a big hole in Pelé's career to have not play in Europe, there's surely a piece missing.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom