Did SouthPark go to far in this weeks Episode???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Justin24

Rock n' Roll Doggie ALL ACCESS
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/li...ews.html?in_article_id=412911&in_page_id=1773

irwin271006_228x375.jpg

Oh my god, South Park mocks Irwin
Last updated at 12:55pm on 27th October 2006

Bad taste? Steve Irwin at Satan's Hallowe'en party

From jokes about religion and homosexuality to four-letter tirades, Trey Parker and Matt Stone have always mixed shock tactics with satire in the hit cartoon series.

But they were accused of hitting a new low last night after lampooning the demise of Crocodile Hunter Steve Irwin just weeks after his death.

The latest episode shows an animated Irwin in Hell with a stingray poking out of his bleeding chest.

Irwin, 44, died in September after he was impaled by a stingray's barb, while snorkelling near the Great Barrier Reef in Australia.

The South Park episode called Hell On Earth 2006, which was broadcast in the US this week, shows Satan preparing to host a Hallowe'en fancy dress party.

Hundreds of dead celebrities are invited, including rapper Notorious B.I.G., Princess Diana and Hitler.

But at the party Satan receives complaints from his guests that someone is inappropriately dressed up as Irwin.

Satan confronts Irwin but the Aussie environmentalist protests it is really him, not a guest in a costume.

While characters have been killed off in the series before – spawning the show's catchphrase "Oh my god, they killed Kenny!" – campaigners are particularly incensed about the stingray still being attached to Irwin's bloodstained trademark khaki shirt.

British broadcasting watchdog Mediawatch condemned the episode as "grossly insensitive."

Its director, John Beyer, said: "I think this is in bad taste. Steve Irwin's family are still grieving."

"To lampoon somebody's death like that is unacceptable and so soon after the event is grossly insensitive. It is not what the family would want to see."

South Park maker Comedy Central defended the episode. A spokesman said: "It has offended people in the past and probably will again. Regular watchers would not be shocked."

No they didn't. It's impossible for them to go TOO FAR now. For the past 3 seasons all they've done is puch the envelope further and further. It's what they do. hardly anyone gets offended by South Park anymore, Those who love it love it, and those who hate it don't pay it attention anymore (unless you're a Scientologist, hahaha).

Anyway, this week's episode was brilliant. All three episodes so far this season have gotten progressively more daring. I love it. Plus, Steve Irwin probably is in hell.

I was LMAO during the entire episode

seeing Gandhi and Princess Diana in Hell was also hilarious

I know. Biggie Smalls Biggie Small Biggi.... aaaaaaaaahhhh hey guys I shit my pants. LOL

im sorry but i cracked up at that part

gotta love the irony of satan saying it was too early to be joking about it

Everyone knows he pulled the stingray out before he died. :tsk:

steve irwin? too far...

hitler dressed as the verizon wireless guy? (not to mention princess diana as lara croft, and i do believe that's either george burns or orvel reddenbocker dressed as lance armstrong)
280704039_d12c6c0abb.jpg

catholic priest with a young naked boy on a leash?
280704047_2bc022e25d.jpg

a.o.k. :up:

seriously though... i do believe, after the cartoon wars fiasco last year, that matt and trey are pushing their "either everything's okay or nothing's okay" theory to the max this season, almost taunting comedy central's brass. other than the first episode, the world of warcraft one, each episode thus far this season has been controversial to say the least... first there was the 9/11 conspiracy episode, then the kindergarten teacher episode, now this one... and to be honest, the 9/11 conspiracy and teacher episodes pushed the evelope waaaaaaaaaaaaay more than the hell on earth episode did.

niiiiice

Last edited:
I like to think that this was an affectionate take on steve irwin.
unlike their hilarious jibes at hitler and suddam hussein!

i thought it was great, though i prefered the previous 2 episodes.

and i totally saw Bono at the halloween party.

This week's episode...

Cartman’s plan to propel himself into the future goes horribly wrong. South Park Elementary faces strong opposition to the topic of evolution being taught to the 4th graders, especially from Ms. Garrison who has to teach it. Eric Cartman can’t be bothered with what’s going on in class. He’s busy manipulating his own personal time-line to align with the precise release date of the newest, hottest game.

Last edited:
Headache in a Suitcase said:
This week's episode...

Cartman’s plan to propel himself into the future goes horribly wrong. South Park Elementary faces strong opposition to the topic of evolution being taught to the 4th graders, especially from Ms. Garrison who has to teach it. Eric Cartman can’t be bothered with what’s going on in class. He’s busy manipulating his own personal time-line to align with the precise release date of the newest, hottest game.

:love: This episode is going to fucking kill!

Back
Top Bottom