Did anyone else see Memento?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sulawesigirl4

Rock n' Roll Doggie ALL ACCESS
Just saw this movie last night, and I can't stop thinking about it. From the very first frame to the credits, it was just fascinating. For those of you who have seen it...what do you think? Was Teddy guilty or was Lenny doomed to a life of searching for this elusive killer over and over?

Great movie-I think he was doomed to repeat the same trail over and over again....I only watched it once, but maybe another viewing will have my opinion differing.
smile.gif

------------------
Angel in devil's shoes
Salvation in the blues

~*April*~

Yeah, I agree. Just a fantastic idea. Would have been cool if on the DVD they did the movie backwards ("normal"), from a timeline standpoint . I saw it a long time ago and haven't had the time to watch it again, but from time to time I get thinking about it, so I'm sure I'll see it again at some point. It's one of those movies you need to see twice anyway because I'm sure you would pick stuff up the second time that you missed the first.

Yeah, definitely a movie that would be good to see several times. Although I felt like I was following along decently well, there were so many little details that nagged at me like they must be important but I couldn't figure out why. How does Jimmy figure into the story? Why did Natalie use Lenny to get Dodd? And the thread of the storyline when Lenny is talking on the phone and telling the story about the other guy with the condition...what's that?

I will have to see it again. And again.

-sula

Good idea, bad execution. Ending was hardly believable at all since for most of the movie he seemed like a victim and then in one instant he turned to a pure killer, I call these contrived emotions frankly. And also, how could he honestly know if he had a problem where he couldn't make new memories if since he didn't know about his problem til it began and thus wouldn't be able to remember it?

~rougerum

www.otnemem.com
i loved this movie.
rougerum you make a valid point as to how he remembers his condition, which happened after the attack-the only thing i could think of, and yes it is rather lame, is that it was such an event that it is now a part of him, ie he can't forget.

as for the turn of emotions, he believes he is the only victim and he is definitely one of them, but there are many others. imo, the sammy jenkis diabetes story is told because that is how lenny's wife really died, she lived through the accident and tried to care for lenny just like sammy jenkis' wife did for him, but he in the end killed her.
i've only seen it twice but i think my opinion is right, i won't post why i think that because i don't want to be a spoiler but if anyone wants to discuss please email me.

------------------
Kobayashi's bizarre use of colour, superfast editing and extreme camera angles, coupled with a hilariously deadpan performance by Toshiro Takemitsu as the inspector who discovers a whole family of ghosts travelling without valid tickets, remains without peer.

Back
Top Bottom