Dickshooter, Idaho Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:lol:

It's to do with how the forum limits how many times you can post. Prior to the upgrade, normal members could only post once every 45 seconds and premiums could post once every 15 seconds. Now, everybody's on the 15 second limit. On our quicker threads, being "45ed", i.e. getting the rate limiting error message, was fairly common. 15ed is rarer. I've only been 15ed twice.
I've gotten a "This is a double post, you moron" forum message a few times when Interland has a brain fart.

Pushing through to bedtime rather than napping also means a more solid, sound sleep, at least in my experience.

:laugh: At least the place was chugging along, we still managed to make it to a new thread despite your non-appearance. And I did manage to have a somewhat productive afternoon too! I am learning to integrate the thread into daily activities rather than fully staying away. So I got dishes done, washed and hung up the laundry, and cleaned the toilet. I feel pleased. Now ... lots more to go.

I suppose I have quiet birthdays compared to most, but I don't like the expectation that I'll do a family dinner and shit like that. I rarely enjoy them. My 21st was a happy exception. But normally ... if I could just sit there eating cake and listening to music, I wouldn't complain!
Yes it does! And that's why it's better to do! Easier to fall asleep and stay asleep than if you nap!

Yeah, I was rather surprised because it seemed pretty dead when I left yesterday afternoon. I'd have come back if it weren't for the phone being needed and my having to get things done. :lol: I need to learn the same kind of balance. Sort of. At least the will enough to pull myself away for the minor stuff and not just the need to get done right away stuff!

Looks like we've got pretty much the same opinion on that! I prefer to be left alone to do as I wish in some nice peace and quiet for my birthday! Which is why I am glad my birthdays usually aren't too lively. I think I'd hate that since I'm not fond of actual "parties" as per se or anything like that. I prefer some nice quiet time, maybe some cheese cake or something like that since I'm not overly fond of actual cake. And watching a movie or something works. The X-Files movie comes out the Friday after my birthday, I think. So I am kind of gearing up to go see that. :hyper:

:lol:

It's to do with how the forum limits how many times you can post. Prior to the upgrade, normal members could only post once every 45 seconds and premiums could post once every 15 seconds. Now, everybody's on the 15 second limit. On our quicker threads, being "45ed", i.e. getting the rate limiting error message, was fairly common. 15ed is rarer. I've only been 15ed twice.
I got the 45 second message back on the old interference. Not on the superthread, but since I am a quick poster, I tended to see it rather often. :grumpy:

Yeah, those I can't. But that doesn't mean I can't get nearly as warped as the rest of you lot. :lol:
I still have yet to drunk posting, drunk posting encouraged by the superthread and I think it's a given I'll pass out during it because it wouldn't be the first time I've passed out while (trying to) use the computer past a certain point of inebriation. :lol:

I don't really know much about them, 'cause my brother messed with those kinds of things more than I did, but maybe a model train and some pics for you to hang up or something would work. :D

:lol: Most of the stuff from question 71 onwards I've done. I think six I haven't done yet and I intend to do all but two. The stuff we kept from the old test (which has been kept because the test is intended as a revision, improvement, and possibly replacement to the old test rather than a mere supplement), though ... I still don't do too well and that's not going to change in a hurry!

Ahh, right. And yeah, that'd definitely get you more food. :wink:

Not only a postwhore, but a foodwhore. Sis, I am surprised at you :tsk:

:wink:

:lol: Most of the stuff from question 71 onwards I've done. I think six I haven't done yet and I intend to do all but two. The stuff we kept from the old test (which has been kept because the test is intended as a revision, improvement, and possibly replacement to the old test rather than a mere supplement), though ... I still don't do too well and that's not going to change in a hurry!

Ahh, right. And yeah, that'd definitely get you more food. :wink:
I will probably have to take a copy of the test for a word document or something so I can take it regularly since I come here pretty regularly now, then I can watch my superthread purity drop! :hyper:
Are you going to be revising it more? 'Cause I'll wait if you plan to.

Sweet! I'm sure I'd appreciate your cooking, I always appreciate a good cook. :applaud:

Yes it does! And that's why it's better to do! Easier to fall asleep and stay asleep than if you nap!

Yeah, I was rather surprised because it seemed pretty dead when I left yesterday afternoon. I'd have come back if it weren't for the phone being needed and my having to get things done. :lol: I need to learn the same kind of balance. Sort of. At least the will enough to pull myself away for the minor stuff and not just the need to get done right away stuff!

Looks like we've got pretty much the same opinion on that! I prefer to be left alone to do as I wish in some nice peace and quiet for my birthday! Which is why I am glad my birthdays usually aren't too lively. I think I'd hate that since I'm not fond of actual "parties" as per se or anything like that. I prefer some nice quiet time, maybe some cheese cake or something like that since I'm not overly fond of actual cake. And watching a movie or something works. The X-Files movie comes out the Friday after my birthday, I think. So I am kind of gearing up to go see that. :hyper:

Can't wait for a shitty night's sleep tonight. :| Maybe I'll just do the stay-up-all-night trick!

Heh. Yeah, it spurted into life - it seems to do that around midday my time (it's nearly midnight now). The dead period is about 6-11am.

Even if I were fond of actual parties, I'd be fucked as I don't have a large enough group of friends. Even a good piss-up is out of the question, as most of my friends aren't the sort to get drunk. So I usually just do a fairly lowkey lunch with friends and dinner with family, or lunch with my mother and dinner with family and friends. I used to have a tradition of renting my favourite movie, The Great Escape, but I haven't done that the last couple of years due to inconvenient circumstances. Should just buy my own copy ...

I will probably have to take a copy of the test for a word document or something so I can take it regularly since I come here pretty regularly now, then I can watch my superthread purity drop! :hyper:
Are you going to be revising it more? 'Cause I'll wait if you plan to.

Sweet! I'm sure I'd appreciate your cooking, I always appreciate a good cook. :applaud:

Yeah, we're still working on revising it. The incest/paedophilia/bestiality questions are gone and the following three have been drafted to replace them:

101. done something with the specific purpose of lowering your purity score or used either the original purity test or this one as inspiration for activities?
102. lost purity points at the encouragement and/or advice of the Superthread?
103. posted something troublesome in another thread either to amuse the Superthread or due to its encouragement?

A few other questions are also under threat of being cut - the ones about being propositioned by a prostitute, accepting the proposition, and travelling 100+ km for the sole purpose of sex.

And I'd like to think I'm a good cook! Ali and TranceEnding here enjoyed my apple and choc muffins, and Kate liked the food I made. Otherwise, though, people have rarely had my cooking.

You shouldn't be. They don't call me the bottomless pit for nothing.

Hah. I'm a bit notorious as being the person who'll polish off food if somebody else can't finish it. When Fellow Albino Railfan and I are out railfanning and we stop in for fast food in between trains, I routinely finish her meals.

Though I'm starting to think I may need to cut back on this and do a little more exercise ...

Oh, does that mean I can share that one time I had mint schnapps if it involves something gross and it's oversharing?

Hmm. Well, oversharing usually tends to be sexual oversharing, but it depends on the grossness I guess. :lol:

Can't wait for a shitty night's sleep tonight. :| Maybe I'll just do the stay-up-all-night trick!

Heh. Yeah, it spurted into life - it seems to do that around midday my time (it's nearly midnight now). The dead period is about 6-11am.

Even if I were fond of actual parties, I'd be fucked as I don't have a large enough group of friends. Even a good piss-up is out of the question, as most of my friends aren't the sort to get drunk. So I usually just do a fairly lowkey lunch with friends and dinner with family, or lunch with my mother and dinner with family and friends. I used to have a tradition of renting my favourite movie, The Great Escape, but I haven't done that the last couple of years due to inconvenient circumstances. Should just buy my own copy ...
Are you sure you wouldn't fall asleep before the next night, though? That's the problem I sometimes encountered when trying that trick and that's how I became nocturnal for a good portion of my life.

Guess that's just how the schedule goes! I usually have time to waste in the morning and time to waste at night. And since we are opposite times from each other, it sort of works out that you're always here when I am and vice versa! Still doesn't solve the problem of not being able to drunk post at the same time unless one of us drinks at an odd hour! :lol:

I have a pretty decent handful of friends, and ones that probably get drunk more than I do, so that's a fairly safe bet for me. Haven't done it yet since last birthday was quiet and may not do it this birthday either since my birthday falls on an awkward day and most of my friends are busy, but I am sure one of these years I'll get around to it! I tend to watch something different every year. Or do something different.
I got taken to a chinese buffet on my 19th birthday which is when I happened to begin bleaching my hair. I wasn't blonde for 3 hours before I did something dingy. I tripped over a parking block outside of the restaurant. :laugh:

Trains of any sort = SuperWin. :drool:

My boyfriend is a train fanatic. Our house is right by some tracks. That probably would have been a negative to other people shopping for a house. We consider it a bonus.

I've been helping him inventory his collection so that he can get his layout going. The amount of trains he has makes me feel better about every obsession I've ever had or will have. :wink:

Yeah, we're still working on revising it. The incest/paedophilia/bestiality questions are gone and the following three have been drafted to replace them:

101. done something with the specific purpose of lowering your purity score or used either the original purity test or this one as inspiration for activities?
102. lost purity points at the encouragement and/or advice of the Superthread?
103. posted something troublesome in another thread either to amuse the Superthread or due to its encouragement?

A few other questions are also under threat of being cut - the ones about being propositioned by a prostitute, accepting the proposition, and travelling 100+ km for the sole purpose of sex.

And I'd like to think I'm a good cook! Ali and TranceEnding here enjoyed my apple and choc muffins, and Kate liked the food I made. Otherwise, though, people have rarely had my cooking.
:lol: Those should be fun! like them!
Yeah, those ones are pretty pointless too. Like I said, too many questions about sex! These ones are better!

Mmm. Apple and Chocolate muffins? Yummy. :drool: Note to self: Bring Axver a gift of the train sort. :laugh:

Hah. I'm a bit notorious as being the person who'll polish off food if somebody else can't finish it. When Fellow Albino Railfan and I are out railfanning and we stop in for fast food in between trains, I routinely finish her meals.

Though I'm starting to think I may need to cut back on this and do a little more exercise ...

Hmm. Well, oversharing usually tends to be sexual oversharing, but it depends on the grossness I guess. :lol:
Me too! Every time we have a big meal for supper, I'm the one everyone gives the rest of their food to! For that cookout, my dad couldn't eat another whole shishkabob so he had to split it with me just so he could eat a little bit more of it without wasting it all.

I haven't been doing it as much either as I've been trying to lose a little bit of weight. Which is such a shame to have food going to waste now!

Ahh, I wasn't sure if it was exclusively sexual or any kind of gross information that nobody really needs. :lmao:

Are you sure you wouldn't fall asleep before the next night, though? That's the problem I sometimes encountered when trying that trick and that's how I became nocturnal for a good portion of my life.

Guess that's just how the schedule goes! I usually have time to waste in the morning and time to waste at night. And since we are opposite times from each other, it sort of works out that you're always here when I am and vice versa! Still doesn't solve the problem of not being able to drunk post at the same time unless one of us drinks at an odd hour! :lol:

I have a pretty decent handful of friends, and ones that probably get drunk more than I do, so that's a fairly safe bet for me. Haven't done it yet since last birthday was quiet and may not do it this birthday either since my birthday falls on an awkward day and most of my friends are busy, but I am sure one of these years I'll get around to it! I tend to watch something different every year. Or do something different.
I got taken to a chinese buffet on my 19th birthday which is when I happened to begin bleaching my hair. I wasn't blonde for 3 hours before I did something dingy. I tripped over a parking block outside of the restaurant. :laugh:

Yeah, I'm not sure. If I pushed through to 10pm tomorrow night, I'd have been up 36 hours, which would be close to equalling my record. Probably wouldn't be a smart move. But I'll see how I feel around 3-4am.

Yeah, it's a bit of a shame. I'm sure roping in some Europeans would fix it. As for our drunkposting - yeah, if you want to start really early on Saturday, I should be sloshed then. :wink:

I've always been one to have only a few friends, but very close ones. And those at high school didn't drink at all. I was by far the heaviest drinker at a couple of glasses of wine a month! But they didn't drink due to religious reasons. Myself and my closest friend have subsequently drifted away from them, for numerous reasons ... we just don't have that much in common any more and struggle to see eye-to-eye on a lot of things. These things happen, though.

And :lol: - at least I have my legal blindness as an excuse for that stuff!

:)yuck: I may need a shower after this. So may Serena.) And well, we still made a mess. Tried not to cause it was a rental car, but we did.

When he went to turn in the rental car a few days later, he had to pay an extrs $20 for the "apple juice" stain (rental car company's words, not his excuse) in the back seat.
Yeah...um...yeah. That was a bit of info I didn't need.

Though the apple juice stain thing brought the lulz. :laugh:

My boyfriend is a train fanatic. Our house is right by some tracks. That probably would have been a negative to other people shopping for a house. We consider it a bonus.

I've been helping him inventory his collection so that he can get his layout going. The amount of trains he has makes me feel better about every obsession I've ever had or will have. :wink:

:lol: That's awesome. :up:

I've a couple of boxes of model trains and a lot of plans for potential layouts, but even if I did have the finances right now, I don't have the room for a layout whatsoever. I've thought of a micro-layout to go on a bookshelf, but I don't even have any free shelves right now! Plus, of course, the money factor.

And I used to live by the railway line when I lived in Queensland - huge bonus to me. Now I live just a block from a tram line, so that's still pretty good.

Yeah, I think money is kind of holding up him doing his layout too...but he'd rather use the excuse that I'm not doing the inventory fast enough. It doesn't help that he just keeps spending money on more trains in the meantime...:lol:

When he went to turn in the rental car a few days later, he had to pay an extrs $20 for the "apple juice" stain (rental car company's words, not his excuse) in the back seat.

...Way to scar Axver for life, Jess. :reject:

:lmao: Apple juice stain? Classic.

I've shared a shocker in here about ... uh, why experience is a good thing, and Vazza is the queen of oversharing. The whole tradition is her fault, from some of the classics she told.

Yeah, I'm not sure. If I pushed through to 10pm tomorrow night, I'd have been up 36 hours, which would be close to equalling my record. Probably wouldn't be a smart move. But I'll see how I feel around 3-4am.

Yeah, it's a bit of a shame. I'm sure roping in some Europeans would fix it. As for our drunkposting - yeah, if you want to start really early on Saturday, I should be sloshed then. :wink:

I've always been one to have only a few friends, but very close ones. And those at high school didn't drink at all. I was by far the heaviest drinker at a couple of glasses of wine a month! But they didn't drink due to religious reasons. Myself and my closest friend have subsequently drifted away from them, for numerous reasons ... we just don't have that much in common any more and struggle to see eye-to-eye on a lot of things. These things happen, though.

And :lol: - at least I have my legal blindness as an excuse for that stuff!

That would definitely be the safe thing to do. Probably not the smartest move, for sure. I often find if I am having issues sleeping like that, even despite being up so long, that tylenol pms do quite the trick in knocking me out for about 6-8 hours, depending. Not say I don't feel pretty miserable when doing so!

Oh yeah, that would definitely work since they're pretty much in the middle of US and Aussie land in the time zones! I will have to figure something out. :lol I thought I had it figured out in my brain last night but I seem to have lost it in my exhaustion. Whoops! Oh well, either way, I will be an ample source of amusement for others, drunk or not.

I never really had many friends either, I've been the same way as far as that goes. A few friends, but they tended to be very close. Except when I was in high school, everyone else were regular weekend partiers and always wanted to get ME drunk but I never did do it back then because I lived with my mum and I can't see how well that would've gone over if I'd tried to do it. Everyone would always tell me I was funny sober so they'd pay to see me drunk. :laugh:

I have kind of an excuse! The bleach seeping into my brain?
Maybe?
...nah, I didn't think so. I'm a klutz at heart!

:lmao: Apple juice stain? Classic.

I've shared a shocker in here about ... uh, why experience is a good thing, and Vazza is the queen of oversharing. The whole tradition is her fault, from some of the classics she told.
Yeah, I'm going to chicken out and edit that now...

Yeah, I think money is kind of holding up him doing his layout too...but he'd rather use the excuse that I'm not doing the inventory fast enough. It doesn't help that he just keeps spending money on more trains in the meantime...:lol:

:laugh: Yeah, these things are damn expensive, and I don't have the skills or good enough eyesight to make much myself. Though I have my own excuse: I just haven't designed a plan I'm happy with yet!

(Technically I have, but it was to fit a room in a house I haven't lived in since 2003.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom