DICK IN A BOX wins an Emmy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pepokiss

Rock n' Roll Doggie ALL ACCESS
so, the Primetime Emmy awards are this sunday...

and in the creative Emmys, we already have winners...

OUTSTANDING ORIGINAL MUSIC AND LYRICS

JUSTIN TIMBERLAKE, Composer & Lyricist
JORMA TACCONE, Composer & Lyricist
KATREESE BARNES, Composer
ASA TACCONE, Composer
AKIVA SCHAFFER, Lyricist
ANDY SAMBERG, Lyricist

Saturday Night Live
Host: Justin Timberlake
Song title: “Dick In A Box”

www.youtube.com/watch?v=1dmVU08zVpA

Congrats :applaud:

dick%20in%20a%20box-thumb.JPG

dick-in-a-box-final-black-n.gif

:lmao: It deserves it! That's definitely the funniest thing I've seen on SNL this decade, and it's probably one of the finest moments, period.

Last edited:
from PerezHilton.com

It is rumored that they will be performing the song at the main Primetime Emmy Awards on September 16th.

:hyper:

UnforgettableLemon said:
It is quite easily the greatest thing SNL has produced in years. Kudos.

:rockon:

Since the last Digital Short. Those are pure genius.

Just reading that JT strained his voice at the VMAs and had to cancel some shows to rest it, so an Emmy performance looks unlikely unless they lip sync. :|

Dick in a Box is genius, but I still love the Natalie Portman rap more.

Have you guys seen that? It's godly.

I don't know why this would win. These guys are supposedly doing a parody, but it's exactly what Justin Timberlake has been doing for YEARS, so how is this a stretch. I hate that fracking Timberlake bastard and I just find this vulgar and repetitive.

"Schmidt's Gay" ad. Now THAT was funny.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OQYJuvSL6hI

I would probably have to include "Roy Rules" in my digital shorts list too. That's one of the newest ones I think. Andy Samberg is really keeping SNL afloat for me.:love:

My rankings:

1. Natalie Portman Rap
2. Dear Sister (the genius OC parody)
3. Dick in a Box
4. Andy Popping into Frame
5. Lazy Sunday

Andy Samberg is one of my favorite SNL cast members of the past few years, but it's the whole Lonely Island team (Joel and Akiva) that are the geniuses.

Samberg's almost like this generation's Adam Sandler... basically everything Jimmy Fallon was supposed to be, but with actual talent.

Last edited:
LemonMacPhisto said:
My rankings:

1. Natalie Portman Rap
2. Dear Sister (the genius OC parody)
3. Dick in a Box
4. Andy Popping into Frame
5. Lazy Sunday

Andy Samberg is one of my favorite SNL cast members of the past few years, but it's the whole Lonely Island team (Joel and Akiva) that are the geniuses.

Samberg's almost like this generation's Adam Sandler... basically everything Jimmy Fallon was supposed to be, but with actual talent.

I had never heard of Andy Popping Into Fame until I saw it on your list. I just watched it. Hilarious:laugh: That and watching Roy Rules again just made my day. Andy Samberg has my :heart: He's amazingly talented. I hope he has a lot of success outside the show as well.

Too bad Hot Rod bombed, it was out of theaters before I got to see it.

Back
Top Bottom