Detroit Red Wings Fans Only

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Winning is always fun, but I can't help but feel a bit of remorse over the likelihood of not meeting the Avs in the conference finals. Another chapter in the rivalry always makes for good hockey.

Never fear, hockey fans. I've got a good feeling about this next one. Although, I also expected a Wings-Avs rematch. Did I just jinx us? Crap!!

AvsGirl41 said:
I too am disappointed that they will not be meeting.

But to see the Avs lose to San Jose is pretty damn funny. :up:

Glad you enjoyed that! :up:

And yeah, Avs-Wings would have been exciting as always. Sharks-Wings just isn't the same. :tsk:

On the contrary, I think a Wings/Sharks series would be better... although, I'll wait until this series is over before speculating. Confident, but not cocky.

I hear you LMPA. I hear you.

:up:

Indeed LMPA. Indeed.

That deflated the whole team today. As it should. Calgary was scrambling after the second period... as they have the past few games. If the Wings could capitalize on those chances, especially all the offensive zone faceoff wins, then this series will go the distance.

Good hockey altogether. The momentum in this series isn't easily seen...

Have fun being put out once again by a cinderella team, coming up this Monday night. :wink:

GO FLAMES GO!

Backgrounds_cal.gif

I just really don't like the Wings. Cujo is a ponce, bailing on my Leafs like that.

Stupid ABC broadcasted the Avs here.

From what I did see of the game, I'm kinda glad I didnt watch it. Avs game was actually entertaining though.

Hope Steve's ok.

Last edited:
Get well, Yzerman.

Didn't Adam Foote get him in the face with a stick earlier in the season? I can't remember.

Mofo watched the Avs and I didn't. What kind of world am I living in?

Just read about that on excite. Poor Steve. But at least it sounded like he was going to be okay, and the rest of the team seems inspired to go out and win one for him.

Kris Draper on Stevie Y:

"He's been a tremendous leader and now it's up to us to step up," center Kris Draper said after practice Sunday. "Let's go out and play a great game for him because he's done so much for us."

Game 6 tonight. Go Wings!

The reports are true, my hopes have been smited again by the stick of Martin Gelinas. A play so achingly similar to the overtime goal scored two years ago by Gelinas against Joseph (as a Leaf), that allowed the Carolina Hurricanes to advance to the Stanley Cup Final... facing Detroit.

I'll admit I'm more than disappointed. But I guess that's the result of having never experienced winning... or a Cup.

Enough dwelling on it. The series was fantastic, especially the goaltending battle in the last 4 games. Fortunate I was to see a few of them in person.

As for Calgary, they've gone ballistic. Standing outside my door I can hear loud exclamations of victory, and the roar of cars dragging down a nearby strip. The Calgary Tower is again lit aflame for victory, and this town will have a hangover much greater than any predecessor series win. '89 is nothing.

Congratulations Flames. Their work ethic didn't surprise me... even the victory wasn't all that shocking. Persistence and discipline were the inspiring qualities... it seems the Flames have adopted old-fashioned Alberta hockey. Taking cue from the lesser success of the north Oilers.

Good on you. I will enjoy your further efforts, whatever they might be. The Flames have won four. And all I can say is fore.

What can you say? Congrats to the Flames. That was a fun game to watch last night.

:hug: to all my fellow Wings fans. :(

And still, all the best to Stevie Y for a fast recovery.

It is my estimation that Derian Hatcher was the worst free-agenting signing ever. I had the feeling last night, based on his play, that he would cost the Wings the game if they were to lose. And oh did he ever.

Don't send out a sluggish skater to tag one of the fastest lines in hockey.

:down:

Hatcher :down:

It was still an exciting game to watch. Now who to cheer for?

Derian Hatcher is a goon. Not only was he out of gas at the end of the game, but I thought he took some questionable, weak shots there at the end where a pass would have been the better option. I've disliked him for years. :down:

Back
Top Bottom