Detestable music genre's

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

boystupidboy

Refugee
Right here goes.I am now going to list the music genre's i absolutely despise......
1 - Rap,hiphop what ever you want to call it.WTF is that all about?gang banging in the hood?not in my hood you don't mr:mad:
2 - Jazz.what a load of pretentious bollocks that is.As the great Homer Simpson once said..."they make it up as they go along".Total shite:mad:
3 - Death/thrash metal.Noise noise noise.Don't give me that 'i worship the devil' bollocks,if you ever met mr Lucifer you would shit yourself...now run away little boys and grow up:mad: (And get your hair cut)
4 - The musicals .Oh my lordy this music IS the work of the devil.Contrived,formulaic pile of pooh:mad:
Thats my rant over with,thanks:silent:

I'll second #1 and propose that if any genre of music ever be sent to the sun, rap must definitely be the one to go.

martha said:
You're missing a lot of good music by eliminating entire genres.

:shrug:

Agreed, it's silly to eliminate entire genres. I like some of the old skool hip hop and I also like jazz. Agree with BSB on the musicals though.

boystupidboy said:
3 - Death/thrash metal.Noise noise noise.Don't give me that 'i worship the devil' bollocks,if you ever met mr Lucifer you would shit yourself...now run away little boys and grow up:mad: (And get your hair cut)

:shame: no no no Boy!

Tho I do agree that the kids who feel it's cool to'worship the devil' whilst listening to heavy music need to grow up, and they probably will do. Either to hate the music, or to just enjoy the sheer heaviness - the drums, and the guitars....:rockon:

boystupidboy said:
Right here goes.I am now going to list the music genre's i absolutely despise......
1 - Rap,hiphop what ever you want to call it.WTF is that all about?gang banging in the hood?not in my hood you don't mr:mad:

Listen to Nas Boy, a hip-hop artist that doesnt just go on about banging pussy in the hood!:yes:

martha said:
You're missing a lot of good music by eliminating entire genres.

:shrug:

Except when you eliminate rap.

Partly because it shouldn't be considered music in the first place.

Axver said:

Except when you eliminate rap.

Partly because it shouldn't be considered music in the first place.

Ever listen to Public Enemy or the Disposable Heroes of Hypoprisy?

Or Nas, as Aardvark suggested.

boystupidboy said:

Public Enemy...don't believe the hype? Yeah you said it boys,don't believe one little bit of it:mad:

I'll send u a Nas track if u like Boy!

eck05.gif

There's good and bad in every genre, to say that one genre or group of music is "all bad" is ridiculous, biggoted, and narrow minded. Open up your mind and perspective, there's a whole world of music waiting out there that will blow you away.

I do agree with you, but the two genres that I've mentioned above REALLY get to me. I really don't like them, and believe me, I've heard a lot of it since I worked in a club where it was played regularly. There are loads of other genres (like rap for instance) where I don't like a lot of the stuff, but there's also some stuff that I do like. That's why I haven't mentioned that one...

Aardvark747 said:

I'll send u a Nas track if u like Boy!

eck05.gif

Nas is fantastic.. Been listening to him for years.

While I agree that most "HIP HOP" today is trash (especially the stuff from the past 5-10 years - which is all POP trash) there are some VERY good hip-hop artists that are more than worth a listen.

There probably is good music in every genre (even though it might not fit my personal taste), but I have yet to find any in the "faith-based music" genre. Everything I've heard of it (although I certainly do not go out of my way to listen to it) is pure dreck. Blech! :barf:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom