Desventuradas Islands, Chile Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:flirt: Would you like some Titz, Germany to go with that?

Yeah, I have to apply for a change of address once I do leave. The problem is that if I order it now and we have to move, I don't think there'd be any way for me to change the address. If I ordered it to be delivered at the new place and it's not ready in time, then I am still screwed! This is all so complicated.

Well, the limited edition has two CDs. One is the actual CD, the other is the stuff that didn't make the cut for the album. And they come in a hard back book. And of course, there's a damn DVD-A disc with a 5.1 surround sound mix of the album and some bonus stuff too, not that any of us can do anything with it!

Who wouldn't?

No, no, do your post offices not do mail redirects? If I were to move, I'd simply fill out a form at the local post office instructing them that all mail addressed to my current address is to be forwarded to my new address. So if you ordered it now and it didn't get to you in time, the post office would just slap a sticker on it with your new address and it'll be sent to you. May take a day longer, but convenient.

Hmm, that is quite tempting then. Might depend on how postage to Australia works out ...

Who wouldn't?

No, no, do your post offices not do mail redirects? If I were to move, I'd simply fill out a form at the local post office instructing them that all mail addressed to my current address is to be forwarded to my new address. So if you ordered it now and it didn't get to you in time, the post office would just slap a sticker on it with your new address and it'll be sent to you. May take a day longer, but convenient.

Hmm, that is quite tempting then. Might depend on how postage to Australia works out ...

An insane bastard?

Ah, right. I wasn't sure what you meant, therefore I really don't know. I assume so, I may check with the post office about that if it looks like where I'll be at the time is uncertain.

There's only 3,000 copies of the damn thing. The shipping cost to the states is $25. :crack: So my total is $76.34

An insane bastard?

Ah, right. I wasn't sure what you meant, therefore I really don't know. I assume so, I may check with the post office about that if it looks like where I'll be at the time is uncertain.

There's only 3,000 copies of the damn thing. The shipping cost to the states is $25. :crack: So my total is $76.34

Like Liam, who needs potatoes.

Ah, right. Yeah, would be a good idea.

Woah, that's pretty steep. Hopefully the Aussie dollar exchange rate with pounds sterling will be favourable. Though it fucking COLLAPSED against the US dollar overnight, which makes no sense since we should be gaining right now!

I'll make sure you hear the whole thing before you die.

Seriously though. I fucking love this list. It kills me how much everyone else most likely won't.

Like Liam, who needs potatoes.

Ah, right. Yeah, would be a good idea.

Woah, that's pretty steep. Hopefully the Aussie dollar exchange rate with pounds sterling will be favourable. Though it fucking COLLAPSED against the US dollar overnight, which makes no sense since we should be gaining right now!

Duh, how could I forget about him?

Yeah, thanks for letting me know. I'll look into it. I wanna get it ordered soon. That was pretty much the only thing holding me back. Though if all else fails, I'll just have it mailed to my grandpa's and go pick it up. :laugh:

No kidding. I wasn't expecting it to be that much. But then again, this is America! The land where all goes wrong.
WHAT. I don't think I'm going to try to strain my brain in figuring that one out. Hopefully ordering it won't ream you too badly!

I'll make sure you hear the whole thing before you die.

Seriously though. I fucking love this list. It kills me how much everyone else most likely won't.

Only as long as you listen to my metal list, which I'm sure will similarly be a list I'll love and everybody else will loathe.

Duh, how could I forget about him?

Yeah, thanks for letting me know. I'll look into it. I wanna get it ordered soon. That was pretty much the only thing holding me back. Though if all else fails, I'll just have it mailed to my grandpa's and go pick it up. :laugh:

No kidding. I wasn't expecting it to be that much. But then again, this is America! The land where all goes wrong.
WHAT. I don't think I'm going to try to strain my brain in figuring that one out. Hopefully ordering it won't ream you too badly!

Gross negligence and/or good luck.

Holy GOD. I just checked for myself. Initially, I saw 43.44 pounds, which didn't sound too bad ... then I remembered that typically, one pound is about AUS$2-3. Right now, it's AUS$2.41, so I'd be forking out AUS$104.45. Fuck off, SW, I'll download it. :crack:

haha probably

I really can't decide whether I want to use the metal list or sell-out list for DI VI. I could merge the two, do it half-and-half, but I think that would just water down both ideas.

Gross negligence and/or good luck.

Holy GOD. I just checked for myself. Initially, I saw 43.44 pounds, which didn't sound too bad ... then I remembered that typically, one pound is about AUS$2-3. Right now, it's AUS$2.41, so I'd be forking out AUS$104.45. Fuck off, SW, I'll download it. :crack:
Shame on me.

:ohmy: Good fucking grief! I was trying to look for you, but I didn't get to convert it. So I had no idea. Until I read this post. Good god. I'm still buying it, even though it's going to run me $76. Which really is way too much for two CDs and a DVD-A that I won't get full use of since I've not got a DVD-A player. It wouldn't be so bad if the shipping wasn't so fucking insane.

Shame on me.

:ohmy: Good fucking grief! I was trying to look for you, but I didn't get to convert it. So I had no idea. Until I read this post. Good god. I'm still buying it, even though it's going to run me $76. Which really is way too much for two CDs and a DVD-A that I won't get full use of since I've not got a DVD-A player. It wouldn't be so bad if the shipping wasn't so fucking insane.

Yeah, it's just a wee bit out of my ballpark. I got six remastered U2 discs for $25 less! So I'll just wait for a torrent or whatever.

And god DAMN daylight savings and general lengthening of days as summer approaches. It's past 6pm, i.e. dinnertime. I FEEL LIKE IT SHOULD BE AFTERNOON TEA TIME.

Well I knowI'm not making an entire list of all this music. Just half.

But they're two halfs that are kind of related. See the basic idea of the entire thing is my roadtrip from Texas to Home this past summer when I bought all those cassette tapes to listen to on the way there. So one half of the list is all the fun time songs I heard that inspired the idea for making a list of songs I love that interference will hate (meaning that some of those songs weren't actually originally part of the road trip). The other half will be more accessible I think. I know Heartland will definitely be on the other list, because that was a big deal for part of the trip, the first time I heard Rattle and Hum all the way through, and listening to Heartland driving through the real heartland (yes, Bono, you dolt, the Heartland is in the MIDDLE of the US. Whoddathunkit?)

Yeah, it's just a wee bit out of my ballpark. I got six remastered U2 discs for $25 less! So I'll just wait for a torrent or whatever.

And god DAMN daylight savings and general lengthening of days as summer approaches. It's past 6pm, i.e. dinnertime. I FEEL LIKE IT SHOULD BE AFTERNOON TEA TIME.
Yeah, this is about how much I paid for the U2 remastered set, but that's because I went with one day shipping. I'm such an impatient shit, haha.

Daylight savings sucks. I can't wait to gain an hour but then I just realised I probably won't be seeing you Aussies as much anymore since you lot went forward and we are gonna go back!

No, you gain an hour in autumn. It's spring here and we just lost the hour. Jumped straight from 2am to 3am early Sunday morning.

ok, I see what you're saying now. I think i'm thinking longterm. Long term we LOSE an hour of sunlight. So that's where I got confused.

Well I knowI'm not making an entire list of all this music. Just half.

But they're two halfs that are kind of related. See the basic idea of the entire thing is my roadtrip from Texas to Home this past summer when I bought all those cassette tapes to listen to on the way there. So one half of the list is all the fun time songs I heard that inspired the idea for making a list of songs I love that interference will hate (meaning that some of those songs weren't actually originally part of the road trip). The other half will be more accessible I think. I know Heartland will definitely be on the other list, because that was a big deal for part of the trip, the first time I heard Rattle and Hum all the way through, and listening to Heartland driving through the real heartland (yes, Bono, you dolt, the Heartland is in the MIDDLE of the US. Whoddathunkit?)

Ahh, right. Well, if it's got Heartland, it can't be all bad! :drool:

Yeah, this is about how much I paid for the U2 remastered set, but that's because I went with one day shipping. I'm such an impatient shit, haha.

Daylight savings sucks. I can't wait to gain an hour but then I just realised I probably won't be seeing you Aussies as much anymore since you lot went forward and we are gonna go back!

Hah. I went with the stingy postage and it still got to me in the amount of time forecast for the more expensive option. Win.

You may see us if you stay up late, though. Say 2am there was 4pm here (I'm not 100% on that!) - 2am there would now be 6pm here. So you could be going to bed when the Aussie crowd's coming on. Depends, I suppose.

And I just think daylight saving is ridiculous. Choose a bloody timezone and stick to it!

G'night, Serena! :wave:

ok, I see what you're saying now. I think i'm thinking longterm. Long term we LOSE an hour of sunlight. So that's where I got confused.

I could use losing an hour of sunlight right now. My body just does not want to recognise that it's the evening, thus time to eat dinner and do work.

You may see us if you stay up late, though. Say 2am there was 4pm here (I'm not 100% on that!) - 2am there would now be 6pm here. So you could be going to bed when the Aussie crowd's coming on. Depends, I suppose.

And I just think daylight saving is ridiculous. Choose a bloody timezone and stick to it!
Yes, 2 am here was 4 pm there. Now 2 am here is 5 pm there, so when we go back, it'd be 6 pm.

I'm sure I'll adapt. This IS the postwhorehouse after all. :wink:

*gone*

G'night, Serena! :wave:

I could use losing an hour of sunlight right now. My body just does not want to recognise that it's the evening, thus time to eat dinner and do work.

I'ts blowing my mind that it's still getting dark in Texas by 7:30 (btw when did THAT start happening? It came out of nowhere), but Texas still hasn't got it through it's head that it should NOT be 80 degrees outside. It rained today so it was in the 70s :dance: but it's going to be sunny again tomorrow and back in the 80s :banghead:. I need to move to Alaska

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom