Desert Island VII, Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I try that once in awhile. It never really works. I'm glad Axver told me about this thread, though. I've been on here more today than I have all summer combined probably.

Ha! When I saw his comment in your LJ, I wondered if you'd pop over. I'm here very occasionally and usually not for very long.

Ha! When I saw his comment in your LJ, I wondered if you'd pop over. I'm here very occasionally and usually not for very long.

I'm still visiting my parents and am bored senseless, so I'm online a lot. I'm mildly embarrassed by how much time I spent on Facebook today.

I think you ruin it.

:yes:

I've felt this way since early in DI4. I think you are everything that's wrong with DI, Screwy. Every criticism people have of it rings true in you: taking it too seriously, being stubborn and refusing alternatives, grading pretentiously, etc. That's you. I've said little about it, but you really made it to hard to avoid tonight.

:yes:

I've felt this way since early in DI4. I think you are everything that's wrong with DI, Screwy. Every criticism people have of it rings true in you: taking it too seriously, being stubborn and refusing alternatives, grading pretentiously, etc. That's you. I've said little about it, but you really made it to hard to avoid tonight.

I bring art and beauty to the game. I was there to help Axver out during DI 2 when it was on life support. I am the one who always gives positive feedback to people when others just say who they vote for and nothing more. I started the use of covers and World Cup format. I have helped shape the game and you think I am what is wrong with the game?! That's complete bullshit.

My fear in joining DI is that some of the music snobs who participate (and I use that term with love :wink: ) will take one look at my playlist and completely disregard it was crap without even giving it a chance, because it will inevitably include both popular songs, and extremely mainstream artists, some of whom 90% of Interferencers wouldn't be caught dead listening to.

Understood, and you're right, you'd probably get some criticism from certain people, but in the end, I guarantee they'd rather have you included with some music they may not prefer rather than not participate at all.

And mainstream, popular songs aren't a bad thing, anyway. They are used all the time.

It would probably have a theme, because I like doing that. Even way back in the day when I made mix tapes, I gave them themes :love: And chronology! :nerd:

So did I. Maxell XLII tapes for the win!

Understood, and you're right, you'd probably get some criticism from certain people, but in the end, I guarantee they'd rather have you included with some music they may not prefer rather than not participate at all.

And mainstream, popular songs aren't a bad thing, anyway. They are used all the time.

So did I. Maxell XLII tapes for the win!

Haha, XLII 90 :)

Funny thing is, when I use to make tapes for myself off records, no matter how good I thought it was, after a couple listens, it became too familiar and I had to tape over it :lol:

I just liked hearing different songs in different combinations once or twice. Then once I kinda knew what was coming next after a couple listens, it was off with it's head :wink:

Haha, XLII 90 :)

Funny thing is, when I use to make tapes for myself off records, no matter how good I thought it was, after a couple listens, it became too familiar and I had to tape over it :lol:

I just liked hearing different songs in different combinations once or twice. Then once I kinda knew what was coming next after a couple listens, it was off with it's head :wink:

I was the same way, but instead of taping over them, I just bought more tapes. I couldn't ruin my masterpieces. :lol:

Man, I used to love buying blank cassette tapes. I loved the 120 minute ones even though the sound would get all screwy. The more you could fit on there, the better!

Man, I used to love buying blank cassette tapes. I loved the 120 minute ones even though the sound would get all screwy. The more you could fit on there, the better!

Oh yes, the 120 minute tapes were great, but always had problems. I eventually never went past 100 minute tapes. You seemed to still get good sound at that length.

I just did some spring cleaning, and got rid of the last 4 cassettes I had.
I still have a cassette player in my car, which I only use to play my iPod through one of those tape-connector things.

I just did some spring cleaning, and got rid of the last 4 cassettes I had.
I still have a cassette player in my car, which I only use to play my iPod through one of those tape-connector things.

I used to buy cassette singles all the time back in high school. I think I got rid of most of them, though.

Hey, I have a cassette player in my old Corolla, and use it for the same thing. Who knew something so ancient would become so relevant all of the sudden? It is certainly a hell of a lot better than those damn iTrips...

:hi5:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom